Roland D-50 Emulations???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Exist\there's a Roland D-50 Emulations???

It's strange that a lot of companies do sophisticated synths emulations and nobody do it (If I reminds well are L.A. Synthesis and PCM Sythesis) especially because I think it's a synthesizer very original (sounds very fizzy) and is usable in many contexts... :?

Some advice near this synth (freeware are welcome)?

The reason emulations can't be made is that most of the sounds that came out of a D50 were based on short audio samples followed by traditional synthesis.

The audio samples are copyright.

tehlord wrote:The reason emulations can't be made is that most of the sounds that came out of a D50 were based on short audio samples followed by traditional synthesis.

The audio samples are copyright.
However, you can find a list of what those samples are and sample them yourself.
They can't copyright those.
It won't be the same, but it will be a personal 'deefiddy' you might love even more.

Very sad to read that, but there aren't nearest sound VST??? what I could try? :(

There was a Reaktor ensemble called daDigital50 which contained all the samples, but it was pulled after Roland sent a C&D to the maker. Some lucky bastards still have that ensemble. :D

However, there is a VST that emulates "in spirit" a D50 with different samples, I think it was made by TubeOhm but can't remember its name...

EvilDragon wrote:However, there is a VST that emulates "in spirit" a D50 with different samples, I think it was made by TubeOhm but can't remember its name...
I believe it's Vintage - http://www.tubeohm.com/TubeOhm/VINTAGE.html

There is a Live pack from Puremagnetik that mimics the architecture of the D50 using different samples. Obviously you need LIve to run that but it has some of the spirit if not the sound.

There is the Darker Digital Rompler done in Kontakt which uses a similar approach to the D50/JD800 sound but, again, not original samples.

There is the Deepflight Kontakt library, which uses samples of the output of a D50 but without the classic patches. It's the same story for UVI's Digital Synsations.

And there is a sampled D50 for the Korg Kronos and also done as a Maize Sampler VST that has so far managed to fly under Roland's radar.

A lot depends on how much you want Pizzagogo versus something that in the spirit of the machine combines very short transient samples and basic analogue-like waveforms but which is at least programmable.

Turello wrote:Exist\there's a Roland D-50 Emulations???
And here we go again… ;-) How many KVR threads now?

There will never be an indigenous virtual D-50. Because, Roland owns the samples. EOS.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

This is why I just bought a Roland V-Synth XT ;)

Gamma-UT wrote:There is a Live pack from Puremagnetik that mimics the architecture of the D50 using different samples. Obviously you need LIve to run that but it has some of the spirit if not the sound.
That pack comes in the retromachines library wich is included in Suit. (I discover it af ter purchasing it from Puremagnetik).
dedication to flying

Well Roland are going to make plugins, not requiring the System-1 to work. No Purchase of System-1 needed

http://www.roland.co.uk/blog/7-things-t ... 3d&urlid=5

Maybe we could petition for the D50 vsti?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Binary Music came out with the best D-50 emu to date called the LA-50, but the thugs at Roland stopped that real quick right before it was to be released.

I've found sample packs or recordings of D-50 sounds all over and in different flavors but they all seemed tweaked or not enough. Nothing as full as a Roland D-50 VST or clone (other than those mentioned by the others in this thread).

I finally broke down and bought a Roland D-550 hardware rack (rack version of D-50 synth) and hunted down sysex banks of D-50 sounds on the web.

Now I can do what I want - record samples, create sounds, make music for my music.

the D-50 was so popular that you can find the hardware sometimes very cheap on the web or at used music stores.

only way I was able to solve my D-50 cravings.

May I ask?
But if normally people are doing vst or sample based vst or kontakt instruments and similar sampling already real synth i.e., why someone can't simply and freely sample the basic presets/sounds of the D50 and then building around it its emulation? Considering there are already Moog, Yamaha, Korg and others libraries or emulation why can't be the same for a D50?
There is no copyright infringement sampling it, otherwise no commercial dev or company was developing such libraries or vst like, instead is normally done already.
So where am I wrong? Where's the issue?
Thanks to anyone that wants to clarify it.

Beware! Persing is watching this thread. :hihi:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Return to “Instruments”