Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Vortifex wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:44 pm
cb8rwh wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:30 am Yeah, release notes on the Xfer site.
If a changelog exists he's done a great job of making it as hard to find as possible.
The release notes are alongside the download button from the download page. Granted for the most recent release the release notes don't show correctly for the full release, but do for the update.

cb8rwh wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:01 pm Yeah I think so, although I am not sure how Splice's Serum version differs...if at all. I guess asking Steve is the way to find out.
No different. Sign up at Xfer and login.

Edit: Or is that after it's all paid....

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:33 pm Bit dumb
Like Duda and his actions lately..
Vortifex wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:33 pm would be nice for potential buyers to see what's been added.
Or for potential buyers to see what's been removed. Like their ability to sell their license.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:47 pm
Vortifex wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:33 pm Bit dumb
Like Duda and his actions lately..
Any additional actions that upset you besides the NFR one?

He can eat shit.

Vortifex wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:33 pm would be nice for potential buyers to see what's been added.
Or for potential buyers to see what's been removed. Like their ability to sell their license.
Oh, that is quite a big change... In away I do understand it has been changed. But it’s should be stated clearly if stuff like that has been changed.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:18 pm He can eat shit.
What's wrong with eating shit?
Millions of flies are doing it...

Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:56 pm
telecode wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:43 pm very nice. i like!! but i am confused, what the hell did i just upgrade to? my version is not whats in this thread.
I think the latest and greatest is distributed vie the Serum forum only, it's been like that from the beginning. Correct me if I'm wrong.
He only posted testing versions in the forums, not official (perpetually in beta) releases. But because people kept losing their shit over bugs in alpha code, Steve stopped doing that early last year, and keeps his alpha private for trusted people.

The latest is in the "Your Account" page. I just downloaded 1.301b1 from there.

I doubt I will ever modulate an LFO point, but I really like the spectrum and phase displays in the filter visualization. Very useful.

Tannaliini wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:31 pm
Oh, that is quite a big change... In away I do understand it has been changed. But it’s should be stated clearly if stuff like that has been changed.
I understand too, and not blaming him about changing policy. But how he treated existing customers is just wrong.

Calenberger wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:47 pm
Babies eat poo, birds eats poo, dogs eat poo, bugs eat poo.. Elephant poo burns and is used as campfires.

why all the Steve hate? Serum is still rockin' the kasbah...
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:37 pm
Babies eat poo, birds eats poo, dogs eat poo, bugs eat poo.. Elephant poo burns and is used as campfires.
You forgot ants, they eat poo as well :tu:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:37 pm
I wonder if elephant farts burn too ...

https://youtu.be/KR2p9p21Q8M

Return to “Instruments”