What software are you really using currently?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

True! There is $230 upgrade deal from Sweatwater, but if that is your goal, then it is better to buy Live 11 second hand here for $350~$400. I sold mine for $370 several months ago, so it is about that price here in KVR Sell & Buy forum.

I have been using OP-X Pro II again. They recently combined many of the more famous presets together in banks, and it seems he added a bunch of new presets. It makes it much easier to find them, just having them all together is handy.

DAW contemplating a jump from sonar to a studio one subscription. I am just getting back into the game and have not done anything in years but I am doing good financially now so I am anticipating making many purchases.

Guitar I am thinking schecter, ibanez and or charvel/Jackson for my next purchase. Mostly have played ibanez but I am checking the other brands out and seeing how nice they are and how much less expensive it is to get a great feeling neck and tone that way.

Amps and FX wanting an axe fx3 and a boss SY1000 but I will probably snag an mx5 from headrush and or some other more affordable modelling fx unit. I had a helix LT and got the native app so I am also considering saving up for the fractal and just using my computer to play with and record for now. I also want many pedals

Wishlist for pedals:
mono front end feeding the fractal
Morning star ML5 and MC8
Freqout set to momentary usage
1. univibe either a jam retrovibe, violet vibe by R Weaver or a Gypsy Vibe a funky vibe or a sir Henry.
2. FUZZ: Pedal pawn or electric church
3. ultrawave left path
4. LA Lady with an Attack Decay in the loop and in the AD's loop a cheap used fx unit like a nux MG 300
5. Asabi
Right path of the ultrawave
Vertigo to split the signal in case I want to send one signal to the fractal and another to an actual amp like maybe a bluguitar ampone, irridium version or a hughes and kettner grandmeister with midi capability.

Out the stereo loops of the fractal or whatever modeller or amp I end up with That will feed into a meris hedra that feeds into a poly beebo and that would use its io to create a stereo loop to switch in and out a volante. Possibly I might add in an HX Fx with an eventide H9 in its loop.

Currently using a GP10 into my computer and running helix native and an old peavey vypyr 60 watt tube amp .

KEYS I currently have 3 controllers an alesis 88 key that needs to be fixed due to broken off USB output ditto with my Boss PCR 500 also has a broken USB. My Novation 61 key is in the closet so I do not break it but I will soon contemplate hooking it up to my computer after it comes back from the shop since they tell me it could be a month till they can look at it I am generally upset and hating having to use my laptop which is much less capable than my desktop.

Question is do I fix the 2 broken USB's or go get a new 88 key alesis controller and also maybe I add a roland Gaia 37 key but hook it up via midi to my 61 key novation. If I get the gaia I have that the novation to play lead on and I may want to add the 88 key for piano.

Software there is a lot of free stuff that I use but now I have cakewalks synths and synthmaster primarily. Want to add NI komplete maybe Omnisphere and of course I need toon track superior drummer since I have ez drummer already.
Wishlist other than what I have mentioned so far includes Uhe, Arturia, G Force, Cherry Audio, Lush101, new Tal synth J8, Softube moog vst, Synapse Audio's moog and oberheim vsts Korg collection and VB3. I love old moogs and oberheims and used to have a real memory moog and a few others like a Kurzweil k2500 and old korg 800 something or other. Spending big money on a workstation is okay later on after I snag all the vsts I want.

FREE Stuff I like now includes stuff from these guys.
Full bucket, Vital, K1, synth one, charlatan, prodigous, Uhe, Tal, Tube Ohm, Proteus VX, Odin2, VK1- Viking, PG8x, SQ8l, Dexxed. oatmeal, voyager, mausynth, surge, poly 2016, have not tried KB stuff yet but I intend to do so, VCV Rack, players from NI, AAS, UVI, and Spitfire, others I enjoy that are not synths like Kong audio, GSI organized trio and sonatina orchestra are all usable but I wonder which of these is going to fall off my list of things I use when I start to add on more commercial VST's.

Synthmaster has been great! Will I enjoy other vsts's more than it? I cannot say but it was and is my main synth now. l always will have a special place for it in my heart. I cannot see me using it any less just because I add on others.

Possibly this is because it has really great presets that are spot on recreations of patches that can be used to cover songs by my favorite progressive rock bands like Genesis, Pink Floyd, YES and ELP. That is an advantage that I may discover exists with other soft synths but as it is the tones I get in synthmaster are second to none for that purpose and till I see another synth enabling me to do that in the same capacity it is at the top of the list as far as I am concerned.

Im still looking into and researching as many vst's as I can and this is a great thread to study in order to see what others use and a wishlist may not be a thing to base a purchase off of but I have to plan ahead because I am going to be spending a lot of $$$ very soon or maybe I walk it slow at first and then I slowly add on to my gear and who knows my wish list may become even larger.

My Girl might have other plans that do not coincide with what I wish for so I may need to get a second career to feed my habit.

Return to “Instruments”