Air Hybrid 3? Opinions, comparable with?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hybrid 3

Actually that's where this shines for me, it came with my VIP keyboard, so is all set up and you can browse the presets and tweak easily.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:Actually that's where this shines for me, it came with my VIP keyboard, so is all set up and you can browse the presets and tweak easily.
Yup!!! :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Am I the only one who just can't work with the interface? Like, if you're going to make it so the only way to adjust the envelopes is to move the points on the diagrams around, at least make them a decent size. And I hate how the modulation mappings are in a separate tab in each section - you either can't see what's being modulated or you can't see the main settings, and having to constantly flip each section back and forth is really annoying. Sound-wise I didn't really find anything I can't do elsewhere; definitely nothing interesting enough to warrant wrestling with the GUI.

edit: Guess I'm not the only one; people have made similar complaints in the other thread :P

mutantdog wrote:Earlier versions of AIR synths (from a couple of years ago) used a different PACE copy protection system which appears to have been scrapped and replaced completely by soft iLok.
Yup, I encountered this with legacy Sonivox products that could no longer be authorized. It was an older PACE system/driver where the authentication end was handled by Sonivox. With iLok, it's PACE itself doing the authentication.

Sg1122 wrote:
EnGee wrote:
Sg1122 wrote:i agree with bigger gui and it would also be nice if you could use the keyboard arrows to browse presets
Anyway, I'm thinking of the VIP software so browsing would be easier, although I believe it's time that all synths implement an easy to use/search browser with optional fav icon and notes/categories for every preset.
i actually have vip and havent used it really i will have to look into this

have you had any issues with it so far ?
I haven't bought it or tried it yet. Just watched some demos.

yellowmix wrote:
mutantdog wrote:Earlier versions of AIR synths (from a couple of years ago) used a different PACE copy protection system which appears to have been scrapped and replaced completely by soft iLok.
Yup, I encountered this with legacy Sonivox products that could no longer be authorized. It was an older PACE system/driver where the authentication end was handled by Sonivox. With iLok, it's PACE itself doing the authentication.
I once bought an acoustic bass singles plugin from Sonivox. It sounded nice and it was cheap. I paid $20 for it. Problems started once I should install it. After a long time and many emails forth and back to the support I managed to get it working. After a while it stopped working. I finally just gave up on it and removed that plugin from my HDD. I do believe the new licensing system is better than the old one, but I will not be buying any Sonivox plugins again. With AIR plugins I never had any issues.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:I once bought an acoustic bass singles plugin from Sonivox. It sounded nice and it was cheap. I paid $20 for it. Problems started once I should install it. After a long time and many emails forth and back to the support I managed to get it working. After a while it stopped working. I finally just gave up on it and removed that plugin from my HDD. I do believe the new licensing system is better than the old one, but I will not be buying any Sonivox plugins again. With AIR plugins I never had any issues.
Sonivox is now owned by inMusic brands. When I sent a customer service request to try to get Pulse authorized an InMusic rep said I cannot get it authorized because it was no longer supported, and offered a license for AIR Xpand!2, which I declined. While InMusic has generally been okay, I just don't trust Sonivox and they're on my blacklist as well.

AIR can be a little mind-boggling at times but they haven't screwed over anyone AFAIK.

Greenstorm33 wrote:Am I the only one who just can't work with the interface?
I've programmed a couple of hundred patches for Hybrid using the same interface. But then I find using synths far more rewarding than complaining about their imperfections. :wink:
yellowmix wrote: I just don't trust Sonivox and they're on my blacklist as well.
Sonivox is rubbish. I got a couple of their plugins for free with the purchase of my Akai and never bothered to install them. I had purchased Pulse some time before and it turned out to be one of the buggiest plugins I've ever owned so Sonivox is on my blacklist too.....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ok ya wankahs...here's a half dozen free patches for Hybrid 3. I think at least one of them dispels the myth that Hybrid is "thin".

Is she the fattest girl on the block ? No but she's got a fine badonkadonk.... :wink:

EDIT: Now I remember why I don't release free patches. Link deleted.
Last edited by Teksonik on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

HA

badonkadonk

Teksonik wrote:
I've programmed a couple of hundred patches for Hybrid using the same interface. But then I find using synths far more rewarding than complaining about their imperfections. :wink:
It's not unusable, it's just that anything I'd want to do in Hybrid I can do more efficiently elsewhere due to the interface flaws and fairly unremarkable feature set. I'm sure if it was the only synth I had I could make due, but that's far from the case.

Greenstorm33 wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
It's not unusable, it's just that anything I'd want to do in Hybrid I can do more efficiently elsewhere due to the interface flaws and fairly unremarkable feature set. I'm sure if it was the only synth I had I could make due, but that's far from the case.
My 27" screen is 1920x1080, but if it were a higher res screen, or my screen were 19" or less, the interface certainly would be too small. I don't think I would use it in those cases, I wouldn't use a lot of plugins I like actually. But hopefully Hybrid 3's successor will have a scalable interface. Really, I think this is the one upgrade every developer should make to their products now to stay competitive.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Greenstorm33 wrote: It's not unusable, it's just that anything I'd want to do in Hybrid I can do more efficiently elsewhere due to the interface flaws and fairly unremarkable feature set. I'm sure if it was the only synth I had I could make due, but that's far from the case.
It's far from the only synth I have but for the last three days I can't seem to put it down. Patches keep falling out of it.

To each his own... :shrug:

It is a strange synth. Just played around with it again after work, on my headphones it sounds really odd, as if it were hiding from my ears. Quite different from the speakers.

Not sure yet what to do, but I do feel like I need a step up from both Hybrid 3 and Sylenth1. Else I might as well drop this whole music thing altogether :P

braj wrote:My 27" screen is 1920x1080.
That's my setup as well. Hybrid is smaller than I'd like but I can work with it just fine.
braj wrote: But hopefully Hybrid 3's successor will have a scalable interface. Really, I think this is the one upgrade every developer should make to their products now to stay competitive.
Yes, I'd love for every plugin I own to be the exact size I want. Hopefully one day all my favorites will be scalable.

I think what has happened to an extent is some people have leapfrogged in technology a bit and gone with 4K displays. Seems like I see a lot of GUI complaints from those who have gone 4K.(XYZ Gui is too small). It's going to take a while for developers to catch up and some older plugins may never be updated (Alchemy and Z3ta+2 here).

For now my setup works well here. I think the secret to technology is not to lag behind or jump too far ahead. :)

Return to “Instruments”