One Synth Challenge #70: Ragnarök by Full Bucket and CrimsonWarlock (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ragnarök

nineofkings wrote:Pow https://soundcloud.com/nine-of-kings/ni ... s-escapism

Made in REAPER
14 instances of Ragnarok
Effects used: GTO Rev C, KarmaFX Reverb, JS_LOSER/TransientController, JS_MIDI/midi_transpose, Reacomp, ReaEQ, TimeMachine (with much moderation), Twin Delay
Mastering: JS_LOSER/StereoField, NastyVCS, JS_schwa/soft_clipper, Maxwell Smart (DC version)
Wow that was a really original sounding track. :clap: :clap:

Sounds like an interesting synth.
I might be back in this month. The last couple months my creativity and inspiration died. Being with family for Thanksgiving tho has re-invigorated that a bit.
We'll see :D

artao wrote:Being with family for Thanksgiving tho has re-invigorated [creativity and inspiration] a bit.
Wow! Opposite effect on me. :)

artao wrote:Sounds like an interesting synth.
I might be back in this month. The last couple months my creativity and inspiration died. Being with family for Thanksgiving tho has re-invigorated that a bit.
We'll see :D
Welcome back :hug: :hug:

z.prime wrote:
artao wrote:Being with family for Thanksgiving tho has re-invigorated [creativity and inspiration] a bit.
I'll see you in two months then! :hug:

bjporter wrote:
z.prime wrote:
Hooray! A Mac compatible synth! ;)

z.prime wrote:
LOL sry to hear that :P

z.prime wrote:
bjporter wrote:
z.prime wrote:
Hooray! A Mac compatible synth! ;)
At least some hope raises again :) So see you in February :lol:

Hanz Meyzer wrote:... a Mac compatible synth! ;)
At least some hope raises again :) So see you in February :lol:
Hanz Meyzer wrote:Grrr, no mac! What the hell? I can try to port it to mac if its using vstgui.
Even if it's not, I would be happy to help with a port using wdl-ol, for a GUI like this, it would be very easy to implement...

This page left intentionally blank
Last edited by doctorbob on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

See above!

I'm jumping into the fray...

Here's what I got so far. 0 samples used ; FX used are ValhallaRoom on a send buss and a couple channels, The Drop and DCBC-2 on the stereo buss, Presswerk Compressor beta (I got til around christmas lol), TAL-Dub III Delay (very moderately) and WatKat (heavy on the transition fx). Think there's some KVA distortion somewhere for gain. The rest is Q10, Alloy (no transient fx) and DCBC-2.

https://soundcloud.com/luxlucid/norse-c ... -lux-lucid

[DLs enabled for best quality. Don't mind my Copy/Pasted second-half ; p]
Glad I decided to join OSC on such a fantastic synth. I wanted to challenge myself by using no drum samples, and this is proving a great opportunity. Was able to get great bass and drum sounds without much coaxing (well maybe a little with the rez knob). Detuning and interval features are brilliant as well. Ended up greatly enjoying (ab)using it -- something I gladly would have paid money for.

LuxLucid wrote:... FX used are ValhallaRoom on a send buss and a couple channels, The Drop and DCBC-2 on the stereo buss, Presswerk Compressor beta (I got til around christmas lol), TAL-Dub III Delay (very moderately) and WatKat (heavy on the transition fx). Think there's some KVA distortion somewhere for gain. The rest is Q10, Alloy (no transient fx) and DCBC-2.
Hi mate; cheers for the submission.
You'll need to find alternatives to the commercial plugins, though. The rules are set to allow FX included with your host and those that are freely available (e.g. freeware, not commercial/shareware/etc.). Not sure about the Presswerk, this month it does seem to fall into the freely-available category... just swap 'em and resubmit. And of course feel free to ask if you have any questions which are acceptable. There is a list of many of the best free ones that are recommended for OSC

Thanks for the heads up. shame valhalla will have to be cut though

LuxLucid wrote:Thanks for the heads up. shame valhalla will have to be cut though
Yep. I'd suggest FreeVerb 3 as an alternative. There are some very nice sounding presets...

Return to “Instruments”