When do you see komplete 11 coming out?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If there are only 'lite' versions of the symphony series, and nothing that's brand new, I'll be pretty disappointed in this update and won't be paying to upgrade.

I don't know why I felt the urge to share that statement, lol, but there you go.

Since you came out of the closet, will do so too and second your opinion :)

Im very excited about v11 mainly because of the Symphony Series. I wonder if NI will offer some upgrade to full versions. I already can get String Series for 225 eu as a crossgrade.

Elektronisch wrote:Im very excited about v11 mainly because of the Symphony Series. I wonder if NI will offer some upgrade to full versions. I already can get String Series for 225 eu as a crossgrade.
If these are full versions of the Symphony Series packages (for which I am doubtful, but reserve some hope), then KU11 is a no-brainer for someone like me wanting these types of libraries. I've also been intrigued by Una Corda. If they end up being "light" versions with limited functionality, the attractiveness decreases proportionally, and I might pass. I only have so much discretionary cash and there are some other very attractive packages out there. (I scored a great deal on a used copy of K7 and upgraded cheaply to K10 months ago -- I'm still discovering new tools in K10 months in).

That's the unique thing about Komplete/Komplete Ultimate. I'm sure every user only gravitates towards 10-20% of its contents... but that 10-20% varies from user to user. So while I get excited about the Symphony Series, I'm sure there are plenty who yawn even at the prospect of KU11 including the full Symphony Series packages.

I think you're on to something though -- with the leaked KU11 promo image showing different GUI for the Symphony Series products, I'd guess they are "light" versions and that "upgrades" will be offered at much less than they are offered currently under the crossgrade options now for owners of Komplete.

Did NI discontinue the crossgrade option for Komplete?

cocoazenith wrote:Did NI discontinue the crossgrade option for Komplete?
(er... did you login?)
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

While there's plenty of ultimate content, I wonder what the basic additions will be to K10 (not U)? Likely the waveform reaktor ensemble. But what else?

noiseboyuk wrote:
(er... did you login?)

I wrote to support about this and they replied that they were just not showing a crossgrade option through the current sale. It will probably return once the offer ends.
dedication to flying

n/m

There is a bit of a rumor that Kontakt 6 is not in Komplete 11, and neither are any of their Synths upgraded in K11.

I hope that's not true. If that is the case, I'm surely skipping Komplete 11. (I'm still on Komplete 9 Ultimate, skipped K10U).

What are your expectations for K11 / K11 Ultimate ?

noiseboyuk wrote:
(er... did you login?)
:D

Muziksculp wrote:There is a bit of a rumor that Kontakt 6 is not in Komplete 11, and neither are any of their Synths upgraded in K11.

I hope that's not true. If that is the case, I'm surely skipping Komplete 11. (I'm still on Komplete 9 Ultimate, skipped K10U).

Evil dragon has made it clear that Kontakt 6 will not be out this year, so either K11 is nowhere near release or there is no new Kontakt in K11, go look at the NI forums, if you add all their reps comments together, you will know that the standalone synths are downgraded in terms od development, nobody wants or is able to update them heavily at NI, so unless they get ported to Reaktor, they wont be getting any updates ever.
Duh

bungle wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:There is a bit of a rumor that Kontakt 6 is not in Komplete 11, and neither are any of their Synths upgraded in K11.

Evil dragon has made it clear that Kontakt 6 will not be out this year, so either K11 is nowhere near release or there is no new Kontakt in K11, go look at the NI forums, if you add all their reps comments together, you will know that the standalone synths are downgraded in terms od development, nobody wants or is able to update them heavily at NI, so unless they get ported to Reaktor, they wont be getting any updates ever.

Well, they should then be better off releasing K11/K11U next year, instead of this year, if they don't have Kontakt 6, and all of their other next generation Reaktor based synths ready. I see no point in releasing K11/K11U with just some additional Kontakt libraries.

I have a feeling since all of their instruments, and even Kontakt is based on the Reaktor engine, maybe they have some efficiency issues, and/or need to make sure Kontakt 6 is fully backwards compatible, yet able to offer a lot of new functionality, and improvements as far as GUI, Scripting, Library, ...etc. I don't mind waiting till 2017. That would be better than rushing a half-baked release, with nothing that would make it stand out from previous Komplete versions.

Er... (again)... You folks did read the last few pages, right? K11 is nearly upon us, and we know because of a little Musician's Friend leak.

Well, it's like the iPhone 7 right? Everyone's been saying "hold off and wait for iPhone 8" for months. Well I'll start the "hold off and wait for K12" noise right now.

Unless...

I think the best NI could do to accelerate sales of K11 would be to include a coupon for a free upgrade to Kontakt 6 on release. Could happen - it would be a doddle licensing-wise.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Muziksculp wrote:and even Kontakt is based on the Reaktor engine
It's not. At all.

Return to “Instruments”