"Should I buy Reaktor?"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hmm, can't decide between buying Reaktor for €399 or

Reaktor, Rounds, Kontour, Polyplex, Monark, Massive, FM8, Spark, Prism, Absynth, Retro Machines, Kontakt 5, Grandeur, Gentleman, Maverick, Session Horns, Drumlab, Session Strings, Battery 4, Studio Drummer, Abbey Road, West Africa, MM Bass, Giant, Organs, A200, Clavinet, Mark 1, Guitar Rig, Supercharger, Driver, ....
for €499

it would seem that for the extra €100, the customer gets €9000 worth of software. Good deal?

is the Komplete version of Reaktor the same as the standalone version of Reaktor?

I don't understand the pricing scheme. Most of the products in Komplete costs well north of €99 each, so why is it that you can get 20 additional products to Reaktor for an extra €99?

This seems absurd to me, and causes me to hesitate with my spending. If Komplete is €499, and there are 10 products in it of theoretically equal value (just for the sake of this argument), then the standalone price should be €49 each.

I do not want about half of the products in Komplete. It makes no sense to me to bundle products together that the customer does not want or need.

Yes, but it makes sense to Native Instruments to price the individual instruments so high that people feel they 'must' buy much more than they need. Perhaps do "group buys" of Komplete: one person pays €49 for Kontakt, another €49 for Reaktor, etc. One person buys Komplete and transfers to the group members.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Perhaps do "group buys" of Komplete: one person pays €49 for Kontakt, another €49 for Reaktor, etc. One person buys Komplete and transfers to the group members.
I don't think you can do that.

bluedad wrote:I don't think you can do that.
People do it all the time. They buy a few individual instruments, then buy Komplete, and sell the individuals for the price of Komplete.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Thing about Komplete is its such good value its hard to say no to it, especially if you go the crossgrade route during their summer sales. I'm sure NI get a lot of customers they otherwise wouldn't reach by offering such a bundle. And once you're in, its easy for them to tempt you to grab the next iteration when it arrives for a modest upgrade fee (seems to be every 12-18 months).

Wait for Reaktor 6 this year ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Michael L wrote:
People do it all the time. They buy a few individual instruments, then buy Komplete, and sell the individuals for the price of Komplete.
You can transfer individual licenses, but not parts of Komplete, which I believe is what you were suggesting.

BDeep wrote:
Michael L wrote:
You can transfer individual licenses, but not parts of Komplete, which I believe is what you were suggesting.
Indeed. Nor can you sell products which were the basis of upgrading to Komplete.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Wait until a new Komplete is available. I'm also pretty sure that we will see Reaktor 6 inside this.
If you buy now K10, you pay full price for K10 and Update Price normally by 199 USD / Euro for making an update.
Wait or you pay two times ;)

overhishead wrote:is the Komplete version of Reaktor the same as the standalone version of Reaktor?

I don't understand the pricing scheme. Most of the products in Komplete costs well north of €99 each, so why is it that you can get 20 additional products to Reaktor for an extra €99?

This seems absurd to me, and causes me to hesitate with my spending. If Komplete is €499, and there are 10 products in it of theoretically equal value (just for the sake of this argument), then the standalone price should be €49 each.

I do not want about half of the products in Komplete. It makes no sense to me to bundle products together that the customer does not want or need.
products in the Komplete bundle are no different than the ala carte bought ones.

Also, your math in real-world wrong. You see, bundling, whether it be software or the one sold to you by Flo from Progressive, always has a discount on it. This is so its more attractive to get a bundle, sinking you deeper and deeper into a companies hive system. NI probably makes most of their money off of Komplete, because its such a great deal, even if, as I've stated before, you use maybe 1/4 or less of the products you buy. Its making up the "losses" of selling at a discount by volume, as well as advertisement in the form of someone saying how great their products are that they bought....or things like say, I don't know, a forum thread debating about whether or not to buy one of their products, and having a bunch of people recommend the OP buy Komplete.

if you buy Komplete, are each of the plugin licenses yours, or is it a master license that can't be divided up and resold a la carte?

because in the case of the latter, the bundled and the ala carte plugins are indeed intrinsically different since they are each commercial products being sold in the open market.

No You can't resell licenses inside Komplete.
One license for Komplete
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

People talking about waiting for Reaktor 6... What actual evidence is there of such an eminent release?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Instruments”