What's up at Plogue?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
davidv@plogue
KVRian
622 posts since 3 Aug, 2001 from Montreal

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:44 am

fabi wrote: Arp on/off is the only other parameter I can think of remote controlling. Can't check right now if that's already possible, as I am not on my computer right now. :phones:
Got your PM. Yup it will be in there.
As far as MIDI out, not at the moment.
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid

User avatar
fabi
KVRAF
1705 posts since 1 Jun, 2003

Re: What's up at Plogue?

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:56 am

davidv@plogue wrote:
fabi wrote: Arp on/off is the only other parameter I can think of remote controlling. Can't check right now if that's already possible, as I am not on my computer right now. :phones:
Got your PM. Yup it will be in there.
As far as MIDI out, not at the moment.
okay, getting my paypal ready. 8)

User avatar
fabi
KVRAF
1705 posts since 1 Jun, 2003

Re: What's up at Plogue?

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:28 am

nichttuntun wrote:
fabi wrote:Is there any chance this kind of small update could also be done for chipsounds, as well? It's simply such a powerful arpeggiator in its own right to arpeggiate synths that don't themselves have one. :tu: :ud: 8)
Aren´t our DAWs not just the most powerful imaginable arpeggiators anyway?
With the range of hosts available today I'm not sure if this holds true for all of them. I'm mainly using bidule, but am not so sure about its out of the box arp features...

davidv@plogue
KVRian
622 posts since 3 Aug, 2001 from Montreal

Re: What's up at Plogue?

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:12 am

fabi wrote: With the range of hosts available today I'm not sure if this holds true for all of them. I'm mainly using bidule, but am not so sure about its out of the box arp features...
Well. Bidule does have the same arp as chipsounds, more or less.
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid

User avatar
fabi
KVRAF
1705 posts since 1 Jun, 2003

Re: What's up at Plogue?

Post Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:36 am

Hm, may have overlooked that one then. I've only come across the ones with the numerical text field and cannot make sense of those.
Nothing against bidule, love it to bits. :D

edit: now this is embarrassing, opened up the pallette and found the ones you were likely referring to, david... I usually go through the right-click menu and search by category, not sure what it was that I thought was an arpeggiator, but the two I just found a minute ago look fine.
And they're even midi-learnable... :D

I feel like such a fool... :lol: :oops:

brites
KVRer
1 posts since 7 Jul, 2018

Re: What's up at Plogue?

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:06 am

Hi David! I too am incredibly excited about the chipsynth range. Is it possible to give an estimate on when we can expect the next release? And maybe even beyond that? :-) Sorry if that comes across as impatient, the excitement gets to me with all these promising instruments lined up.

davidv@plogue
KVRian
622 posts since 3 Aug, 2001 from Montreal

Re: What's up at Plogue?

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:09 am

brites wrote:Hi David! I too am incredibly excited about the chipsynth range. Is it possible to give an estimate on when we can expect the next release? And maybe even beyond that? :-) Sorry if that comes across as impatient, the excitement gets to me with all these promising instruments lined up.
Thanks!
We hope to have another one out before the end of the year.
Cheers
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid

nichttuntun
KVRian
531 posts since 22 Nov, 2017

Re: What's up at Plogue?

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:19 am

davidv@plogue wrote:
brites wrote:Hi David! I too am incredibly excited about the chipsynth range. Is it possible to give an estimate on when we can expect the next release? And maybe even beyond that? :-) Sorry if that comes across as impatient, the excitement gets to me with all these promising instruments lined up.
Thanks!
We hope to have another one out before the end of the year.
Cheers
Yeahhh! :tu: :party:

User avatar
fabi
KVRAF
1705 posts since 1 Jun, 2003

Re: What's up at Plogue?

Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:11 am

That would be great! :D

Dip200
KVRist
139 posts since 9 Jun, 2012

Re: What's up at Plogue?

Post Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:45 pm

@ davidv@plogu

Will Chipsounds at some get a new resizable GUI like the plugins, too ?

davidv@plogue
KVRian
622 posts since 3 Aug, 2001 from Montreal

Re: What's up at Plogue?

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:22 am

Dip200 wrote:@ davidv@plogu

Will Chipsounds at some get a new resizable GUI like the plugins, too ?
Afraid not. Its made from legacy pixel art while the new stuff is all vectorial.
Cheer
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid

codec_spurt
KVRAF
3464 posts since 21 Sep, 2005

Re: What's up at Plogue?

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:44 pm

https://100mountains.uk/100m/milestone-achieved

100mountains has come round the last mountain of equipment. Its been over 5 years of trying to achieve 48 outputs through a mixing desk with another computer running bidule off desk aux sends. I now have the setup I envisaged back then and am immensely enjoying being able to play with it.

This is the web page of that enigmatic mad genius that was The Orb - Dr. Kris Weston!

He's tried them all. DAWs that is. He even wanted to love Studio One - he really did. But it crashed more than a 747 overloaded with Afghani goats. It really did.

He's got some kind of weird love affair going on with Plogue. Then again, I always did find him to be a bit of a weirdo!

Image

He's getting the band back together. The band he never had. Ahhh...

If you are in to Plogue Bidule at all you probably know about this:

https://100mountains.uk/sound-design

Tool boxes, Reaktor stuff, Javascript, Logic and Hacking attempts to steal your information. Just like the good old days.

Good luck.

User avatar
fabi
KVRAF
1705 posts since 1 Jun, 2003

Re: What's up at Plogue?

Post Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:46 am

@ the plogue guys David and seb :

Just wanted to say thank you for the latest bidule update. Especially for fixing the problems I had with vst3 midi learn and the resizable gui of plugins not being recalled correctly! Big thumbs up! 8)

User avatar
Klinke1
KVRian
608 posts since 19 Feb, 2011

Re: What's up at Plogue?

Post Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:36 am

Patching in Bidule makes you look 15 years younger..at least..fact.
- WonderEcho -

s28
KVRist
140 posts since 9 Aug, 2017

Re: What's up at Plogue?

Post Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:21 pm

Hi there David.

I messaged when PortaFM first came out as I was having issues with the 100% GUI size (things dissapearing) which resolve themselves when changing to any other GUI size.

There was an update that you sent me at the time but it didn't fix the issue. I'm wondering if you could include a setting, in the settings, where it saves your preferences. As then I could set it to 75% for example and not have to change the GUI size every time I use it.

Not a deal break by any means, the sound of this synth is well worth a few extra clicks. It just seems odd that it's fully functioning on the other sizes but not the default. It's become one of my favourite synths, thank you for it. Any word on the next one?

Return to “Instruments”