Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Geist

Its in V2.0.3.14 which is the public beta for the moment

Smack Dammit wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:
ere2learn wrote:From the FXPansion forum
QUESTION wrote: Hey I still wonder if its possible to mix 1/16 and 1/16T or else in one pattern? Looks like it's still the same like in geist1??? Or did I miss something?
Rory_FX wrote:
» Fri May 20, 2016 8:29 am

You're correct, it is still the same as Geist1. We're aware that this is something we need to tackle, but the underlying "step sequencer'-ness of Geist makes it a difficult task.
Thank you. I missed that. I wonder if they are working on it? Or need more requests.. So Geist 3? I'm buying as soon as they fix it.
That is good news if they fix it but they will probably have to rewrite the sequencer which I doubt will happen, not at this point anyway.... Should have been there from the start!!!!!
Agreed

Or even mix Any note values. Say bass drum 8th notes and hi hat 16th notes. Pretty dang standard.........

memyselfandus wrote:
Smack Dammit wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:
ere2learn wrote:From the FXPansion forum
QUESTION wrote: Hey I still wonder if its possible to mix 1/16 and 1/16T or else in one pattern? Looks like it's still the same like in geist1??? Or did I miss something?
Rory_FX wrote:
» Fri May 20, 2016 8:29 am

You're correct, it is still the same as Geist1. We're aware that this is something we need to tackle, but the underlying "step sequencer'-ness of Geist makes it a difficult task.
Thank you. I missed that. I wonder if they are working on it? Or need more requests.. So Geist 3? I'm buying as soon as they fix it.
That is good news if they fix it but they will probably have to rewrite the sequencer which I doubt will happen, not at this point anyway.... Should have been there from the start!!!!!
Agreed

Or even mix Any note values. Say bass drum 8th notes and hi hat 16th notes. Pretty dang standard.........
You can do that. It's only Triplets/straight that you can't currently mix in the same pattern.

Are you sure? When I change the note length from say 8th to 16th.. The loops Speeds up. meaning it doesn't play back the 8th notes at the same rate any more. It plays them back as 16th notes.

Changing the number of steps isn't a very logical solution either.

So how do we have the bass drum with 8th notes and the high hats with 16th notes? The most logical way for Geist to handle this standard operation is to have the Grid change when the note lengths are changed. Not the playback speed of the loop.

I HAVE to be missing something here.

Looking forward to Splitter 2 in Geist 2.

Would also like to see more video tutorials for Geist 2 posted.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

memyselfandus wrote:Are you sure? When I change the note length from say 8th to 16th.. The loops Speeds up. meaning it doesn't play back the 8th notes at the same rate any more. It plays them back as 16th notes.

Changing the number of steps isn't a very logical solution either.

So how do we have the bass drum with 8th notes and the high hats with 16th notes? The most logical way for Geist to handle this standard operation is to have the Grid change when the note lengths are changed. Not the playback speed of the loop.

I HAVE to be missing something here.
Your not missing anything, that's how it works.If the grid is at 16th then just paint in less notes or space your notes apart to get them as 8th notes. If you want 32nd notes or 64th you have to use the repeat function on some of your notes and that is the problem with Geist, it takes a while of really using it to find all these little things and I can see how it can turn some people off,I paid 250.00 for Geist 1 when it first came out and had to use it every day for a few months until I really felt comfortable with it.

flares wrote:after 5 sides of discussion over 16t dotted
its not available in same engine you must use second engine for other quantize style
groove templates are only per engine
lol you say this like it's just fine the way it is, when in fact this is a major flaw in it's design...
So if i have a hihat pattern that I want some shuffle/triplets too then I have to go to a different engine drop in the same hihat sample then click in the notes, so now I have to edit two engines for 1 hihat sound/pattern :dog:

This isn't just an oversight. You would have to put some effort into this stuff not being in there already. Was there a beta? How did everyone miss this? It would be interesting to see how this was missed. Is there a beta forum?

memyselfandus wrote: Was there a beta?

According to FX there was. However the evidence strongly indicates that it was a very minimal test at best.

I hope they learn something from this for the future, because at the moment G2 is a mess and a very big missed opportunity.

Muziksculp wrote:Looking forward to Splitter 2 in Geist 2.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Spitter2 is available now in the Geist2 V.2.0.3.14 public beta which is available to all users.

Lots more videos are coming!

Here is the feature request thread for people who want to add a feature request for the note length stuff..

https://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtop ... caf8f82ab3

Rozzer wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:Looking forward to Splitter 2 in Geist 2.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Spitter2 is available now in the Geist2 V.2.0.3.14 public beta which is available to all users.

Lots more videos are coming!
Thanks for the feedback.

I will wait for the official release of the next update, hopefully its not too far away.

Looking forward to more video tutorials.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

How is it that we can sample externally in our daws atm? So say I'm in studio one, and wanna sample off vinyl what are the steps to successfully recording this in to Geist 2 at the moment? Is this possible? Thanks
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

You need the spitter as you cant route audio to a instrument channel in studio one,its in public beta at the moment & there is a video on the last page showing it

Not helpful for you but in reaper,I just route the audio into geist,set up threshold,arm it & each hit is recorded to a new pad automatically

ok .feature request:
groove engine for each pad
you can do tripplet and dotted templates for each pad

Another four Features are more important for me :
1.Note length Quanzite Off (input quantize on)
2.Engine fx Automation in Graphs
3.Simultan Automation for individual Pad Groups and polyphon Soundkits
4. Step-Automation in 16-32-64... Grid : Independent from Notes or Note Start

Return to “Instruments”