SPC ArcSyn

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alectrona for ArcSyn ArcSyn Arrows for ArcSyn

layzer wrote:
Gosh wrote:
fisherKing wrote:new skins look really nice; funny, i finally got used to the default. props to layzer and satyatunes. playing with the beta, and so far, so good. really a great synth, very different from my other plugins...
A Skin from satyatunes....now we are Talking :tu:
yeah, and the one i did looks like shit. why Steve agreed to use it is beyond me. :ud:
Sorry, Layzer, didn't want to offend you, i am also Looking forward to your Skin :hug:

fisherKing wrote:
layzer wrote:
Gosh wrote:
fisherKing wrote:new skins look really nice; funny, i finally got used to the default. props to layzer and satyatunes. playing with the beta, and so far, so good. really a great synth, very different from my other plugins...
yeah, and the one i did looks like shit. why Steve agreed to use it is beyond me. :ud:
what's wrong with it? and what should it look like?...
it probably looks fine to people that like a light background. The satyatunes one is even darker than
the original so those that love the original will love satyatune's even more.
Steve was awesome to work with and i hope i get to skin other creations he does in the future :hyper:

I use a light scheme on my daw, so i tend to prefer light skinned gui's on my plugins. the excption
are smaller plugins that don't take up much screen space with their "darkness"
i think the light and dark gui's on Arcsyn will suit most people.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
fisherKing wrote:
layzer wrote:
Gosh wrote:
what's wrong with it? and what should it look like?...
it probably looks fine to people that like a light background. The satyatunes one is even darker than
the original so those that love the original will love satyatune's even more.
Steve was awesome to work with and i hope i get to skin other creations he does in the future :hyper:

I use a light scheme on my daw, so i tend to prefer light skinned gui's on my plugins. the excption
are smaller plugins that don't take up much screen space with their "darkness"
i think the light and dark gui's on Arcsyn will suit most people.
both new skins are great, and really, it just boils down to wanting a light one or a dark one. either is an improvement! 8)

All resistance is futile, especially with that price-reduction in May>

I was less worried about the interface - that's only a mask the synth wears - than about learning curve. But I must say it is easier to get into than I assumed. Of course there will be next levels, and levels beyond that, but the interface is far from illogical or clumsy. I like that 'mad scientist' feel ArcSyn radiates.
And the sounds it creates...
A good add-on to my toolset.

The manual is as it should be, but I would prefer a downloadable pdf.
And some video tutorials later on. Simon's tutorial 1 is a good intro.
I also like that it is possible to retrace the steps of any patch.

I see much fun lying ahead...
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Yeah, looks like I'm going to break down and get this as well. 25% off is too good to pass up. I'll learn to love the GUI. LOL.

hehe, once again the early-adopter gets dry f**ked in the ass ... and johnny come lately (and complain loudly) gets the 25% discount.

it's traditional not to dry f**k the early adopters on price though.

Layzer's skin looks really good, much better than the original. Haven't seen the Satyatunes one (was it posted anywhere?) but I remember that he has done awesome job at reskinning Dune2.

It is very rarely an appearance of a synth influences my overall opinion, but the original skin was something I just couldn't force myself to look at. Considering how good is the synth itself, it is definitely great news, now I put Arcsyn on my to-buy list.
Last edited by recursive one on Fri May 06, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I have to say this. If you want to hear how amazing this thing can sound, go to this page and listen to Simon's demos.

http://www.spcplugins.com/arcsyn

Great work Simon. Haunting Monday is amazing.

that fisherking demo's nice.. :ud: seriously, did that as a test, just to try out layering arcsyn. nice that steven used it as a demo...

Well, this may well be my synth of the year. I'm still struggling a little bit to find my way around the interface, but eventually I'll just have it down to memory and won't have to worry about finding things. Yes, I even know where the master volume is now.

Daags wrote:hehe, once again the early-adopter gets dry f**ked in the ass ... and johnny come lately (and complain loudly) gets the 25% discount.

it's traditional not to dry f**k the early adopters on price though.
Well...that's a bit...vulgar, but I know what you mean. A month after I upgraded to Explorer III, it became 20% off. THEN, the upgrade to Predator 2 is free for buyers from March through 5/5, but I bought the Explorer pkg on 2/29 - a leap day! Ha! It's all about the timing, as they say. But, you know, for Arcsyn (which I paid $99 for), $25 ain't that big a deal nowadays. I'm sure we'll all make it up on down the road or have already made it up with second-hand purchases here.

All we need now is drag and drop modulation and I'll be a happy, happy man...

Ideal would be to drag from e.g. LFO number straight to parameter you want to modulate. Bonus would be some smart way of releasing and reclicking the mouse on another modulation source on the way there to instantly set up 2-source modulation. Then all you'd have to do is use the drop down for the modifier, rather than 8+ mouse clicks and the feeling of inevitable RSI ;)

Also the sustain pedal issues need to be fixed. Having to manually edit MIDI to create a smooth overlap effect is ridiculous.

Otherwise, I am pleased. Glad to see a discount for their products. It will boost this synth...the more money the dev has, the more time he has to fix the issues.

So I am good. Heh.

@ thejonsolo:

a bit off-topic, yet...

I notice you use a Nektar Panorama P6, which is also on top of my next keyboard list. Would you mind telling whether the aftertouch is really working and not coupled to the velocity ( 2 separate sensors instead of one to bind them all)

I guess ArcSyn can really use aftertouch.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Anyone using this on Bitwig? Just messing around with a project 2 instances of Arcsyn and 1 instance of Battery and I'm getting occasional pops and clicks. It could be a whole host of other things but they seem to occur when a note is sent to Arcsyn. I'm running OSX on a fresh install of El Capitan.

Return to “Instruments”