SPC ArcSyn

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
ErikH
KVRist
455 posts since 16 May, 2012 from Antwerp

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:58 pm

Thanks for replying. This is indeed a dev who is still interested in his creation.
I may try to get out of the rut of clicking and using that scrollwheel more. Sounds more natural than clicking and dragging.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

shonky
KVRian
789 posts since 21 Nov, 2005

Re: New synth ArcSyn

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Michael L wrote:ArcSyn is designed to generate a very wide range of really different sounds, with unique waveforms and LFOs, unusual filter types, and wave sequencing with very different types of waveforms. Its like a return to the days when each synth had its own distinctive sound. Very well designed GUI that invites exploration. Here are some video examples: http://www.patchpool.de/arcsyn_arrows.html
I totally agree, can just get lost in this and come up with something interesting every time. The only addition that I'd really like is an undo control as I do occasionally end up tweaking too far and not being able to find my way back to the point I should have saved (unless I'm being dead thick and just haven't noticed it yet).

Examigan
KVRAF
4452 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Re: New synth ArcSyn

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:39 pm

shonky wrote:
Michael L wrote:ArcSyn is designed to generate a very wide range of really different sounds, with unique waveforms and LFOs, unusual filter types, and wave sequencing with very different types of waveforms. Its like a return to the days when each synth had its own distinctive sound. Very well designed GUI that invites exploration. Here are some video examples: http://www.patchpool.de/arcsyn_arrows.html
I totally agree, can just get lost in this and come up with something interesting every time. The only addition that I'd really like is an undo control as I do occasionally end up tweaking too far and not being able to find my way back to the point I should have saved (unless I'm being dead thick and just haven't noticed it yet).
I don't see it either, so that's a good suggestion.

Examigan
KVRAF
4452 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Re: New synth ArcSyn

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:20 pm

If I could make a small suggestion, it would be to make the display resizable. Also, the text in the display section in the middle is a bit too large compared to the rest of the display. For example, when you want to change a setting, and it shows the numeric amount, it is sort of large.

Examigan
KVRAF
4452 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Re: New synth ArcSyn

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:18 am

So far I am really liking this synth. :party:
It sounds great, and I can't believe I didn't check it out sooner.

User avatar
exmatproton
KVRAF
2119 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Re: New synth ArcSyn

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:05 am

Examigan wrote:So far I am really liking this synth. :party:
It sounds great, and I can't believe I didn't check it out sooner.
+1 had exactly the same feeling...

User avatar
Igro
KVRAF
4007 posts since 26 Apr, 2007 from Noosphere

Re: New synth ArcSyn

Post Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:25 am

may I ask, does it have stereo unison?

Examigan
KVRAF
4452 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Re: New synth ArcSyn

Post Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:32 am

Igro wrote:may I ask, does it have stereo unison?
Unless it is hidden somewhere, I don't think it has that. It does have Supersaw oscillator types (saw, square, and triangle versions) that you can choose. Each of them has 8 waveforms you can detune with the Shape control.

Examigan
KVRAF
4452 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Re: New synth ArcSyn

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:14 pm

I am getting used to all the controls in ArcSyn, and today I made this two oscillator electronic-effect preset using LFO sequencing. 8)

https://soundcloud.com/examigan/cpu-melt

User avatar
Touch The Universe
KVRAF
3396 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Re: New synth ArcSyn

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:50 pm

wow, sounds crazy -- nice one!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101, Hive, Electra 2, Diversion, Halion, Largo, Rapid, Dune II, and Spire.
http://www.touch-the-universe.com/

User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
5752 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Re: New synth ArcSyn

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:58 pm

Examigan wrote:I am getting used to all the controls in ArcSyn, and today I made this two oscillator electronic-effect preset using LFO sequencing. 8)

https://soundcloud.com/examigan/cpu-melt
new voice for R2D2 in the next movie..... :borg:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Richard deHove
KVRist
348 posts since 23 Mar, 2016

Re: New synth ArcSyn

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:46 pm

It's a brilliant SFX machine. I was thinking of making a bank just with radio bleeps, static, weird tuning washes and interface noises.

HunterKiller
KVRAF
2002 posts since 10 Mar, 2006

Re: New synth ArcSyn

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:20 am

layzer wrote:
Examigan wrote:I am getting used to all the controls in ArcSyn, and today I made this two oscillator electronic-effect preset using LFO sequencing. 8)

https://soundcloud.com/examigan/cpu-melt
new voice for R2D2 in the next movie..... :borg:
Nah, this sounded a little too '50s, R2 is from the 70's Image
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Jonathan Shepherd
KVRist
329 posts since 28 Jan, 2003

Re: New synth ArcSyn

Post Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:39 am

A mini bump for this bad mofo - just got it. Definitely fits in well if you're into weird n' wooly sounds, a la Madrona Labs and such. Great job!

gremlinmoon
KVRist
158 posts since 9 Dec, 2006

Re: New synth ArcSyn

Post Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:11 am

I think a sub-preset system for the LFO sequencer would be handy -- similar to how some synths have arpeggiator presets.

Return to “Instruments”