Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

WolfKay wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:47 am
martinjuenke wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:15 am Here's some stuff made with Softube Modular
(shameless selfpromotion)
martinjuenke wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:48 pm A collection of ambient and generative tracks produced solely with the fabulous Softube Modular.

Aural waves, steady and unpredictable, playing the jeux d'eaux, with all their facets of the endless game.

Enjoy!

https://sonograyn.bandcamp.com/album/waves
Nice music, gorgeous sounds => bought!
Thanks! :tu:

aallvor wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:57 am
SonicDimension wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:09 am All of the module expansions are 50% off this weekend (and Modular itself is 33% off). Any module recommendations?
Tried to find the sale, is it starting tomorrow?
https://www.softube.com/unlockable-offers

Add any modular expansion to your cart, and then enter the promo code 'UNLOCKOCTOBER' to get a 50% discount. Softube runs these 'unlockable' discounts for different products every weekend.

WasteLand wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:38 am
SonicDimension wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:09 am All of the module expansions are 50% off this weekend (and Modular itself is 33% off). Any module recommendations?
what do you own? i have most, especially the modular specific ones, and parallels and model 72, not the other 3 instruments. also reverbs.. o well.
I have Model 84 and 72. I'm thinking of getting the Rubicon, Microfold, LPG, and PEG to mess around with traditional West Coast sounds. The superb quality of Softube's analog modeling is what drew me to this platform. I'm less interested in the digital modules, especially those overpriced esoteric Buchla modules.

I dont know how anyone here can pretend that Softube Modular's UI isnt an absolute atrocity to work with.

VCV will blow it away come Nov 6th.

vertibration wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:59 pm I dont know how anyone here can pretend that Softube Modular's UI isnt an absolute atrocity to work with.
Well, maybe some people here just using it and not focus on the (obviously) downsides of the plugin.
vertibration wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:59 pmVCV will blow it away come Nov 6th.
Oh dear....

SonicDimension wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:54 pm I'm thinking of getting the Rubicon, Microfold, LPG, and PEG to mess around with traditional West Coast sounds. The superb quality of Softube's analog modeling is what drew me to this platform. I'm less interested in the digital modules, especially those overpriced esoteric Buchla modules.
Rubicon sounds very clinical to me, I'm not a big fan of it. If you wanna go West-Coast synthesis, the 259e may be the better choice for you. You can try to warm up the sound with some Model 72 modules. LPG and PEG are both good, in my opinion.

vertibration wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:59 pm I dont know how anyone here can pretend that Softube Modular's UI isnt an absolute atrocity to work with.
Well, I like Softube Modular. High quality sound, well documented modules, good stability. The rather limited range of modules compared with others is for me clearly an advantage because it helps you to concentrate and focus your building. Too many choices are (at least for me) a creativity killer.

Of course there's not THE ONE modular because we all are different people with different tastes, needs and abilities.

Patch and let patch, tweak and let tweak! :tu:

SonicDimension wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:34 pm
aallvor wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:57 am
Tried to find the sale, is it starting tomorrow?
https://www.softube.com/unlockable-offers

Add any modular expansion to your cart, and then enter the promo code 'UNLOCKOCTOBER' to get a 50% discount. Softube runs these 'unlockable' discounts for different products every weekend.
Thanks!

I would love to start building with this but tbh looking at the modules, I've no clue what half of them are.

Still looks interesting
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:22 pm I would love to start building with this but tbh looking at the modules, I've no clue what half of them are.

Still looks interesting
It's manual is pretty instructive.
And there are some helpful vids on the net.

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:26 pm
LeVzi wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:22 pm I would love to start building with this but tbh looking at the modules, I've no clue what half of them are.

Still looks interesting
Also worries me that it's a case of "gotta get them all" too

LeVzi wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:31 pm

Still looks interesting
That should not be a worry but a promising expectation...
Sometimes you can shoot the bundle in the second hand market not too expensive (I did it that way).

Todd Barton has very good video resources for Buchla stuff in particular --- both physical and Softube.

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:33 pm
LeVzi wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:31 pm

Still looks interesting
That should not be a worry but a promising expectation...
Sometimes you can shoot the bundle in the second hand market not too expensive (I did it that way).
Yeah that would be a better idea zi
Nice one

Return to “Instruments”