Long Live the Soft Synth, Hardware Synths are dead

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bulbizarre wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:30 pm Meanwhile the big trend is recreation of 70s synths.
One day we will be AI hybrids and all ask to the god central system to remake the good old Hive for comptability with our quantum brain chips. So we can play again that Synth Powa preset which copies the sound of the 80s synths, while zapping off some ugly aliens in outer space 8)
What if we’re in a simulation writing simulations of the original simulation of something called a synthesizer that really never existed. The first time the system ran the sim, we AIs fell apart because the simulations we made were too good and they had to restart the thing with some simulated artifacts.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

there is no spoon.

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:24 am there is no spoon.
there is no spoon

someone needs to do the dishes, it's not my turn.

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:16 pm someone needs to do the dishes, it's not my turn.
there are no dishes :hihi:

yay! :party:

pdxindy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:57 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:16 pm someone needs to do the dishes, it's not my turn.
there are no dishes :hihi:
actually i have just done mine
Screenshot_2021-10-09-15-03-58-769~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

But where is the spoon?
I demand a spoon :box:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:19 pm But where is the spoon?
there's a big wooden one there.

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:20 pm
Looks more like castinettes - I was wondering if you do Spanish dancing while preparing the dinner.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:35 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:20 pm
Looks more like castinettes - I was wondering if you do Spanish dancing while preparing the dinner.
only on wednesdays in june.

My point of view:

I can't think of a better time to buy hardware synths than 2021.
I can't think of a better time to buy software synths than 2021.

Soooooo much awesome stuff. Yeah.

If VSTi didn't exist, yeah, it would be a great time to buy hardware but the mere existence of VSTi of the quality we have today makes it all but impossible to decide to waste money on hardware for any rational reason, which makes it the worst time in history to buy a hardware synth.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

some really great hware synths coming out lately like novation summit and the polybrute ....i almost bought either the summit or the polybrute but then i demo'd dune 3 and was blown away for a fraction of the cost. id buy the polybrute in a second but only 6 polyphony is pretty sad for the price.

Everything about pretty much every hardware synth is "pretty sad for the price", isn't it?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”