Xhun Audio LittleOne : version 4.x Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LittleOne

Where are we on native Silicon support? Or are we waiting to see if ARM is just a passing fad?

From a general viewpoint :

ARM is obviously here to stay, RISC-V will be introduced soon and - as I mentioned many times also in other threads - other things will happen in the Heterogeneous Computing direction in the next years / decades.

But just giving blind, native support for each new released semiconductor / silicon is an insane idea / practice, impossible for small Developers and - for a high degree - also for major ones.

This would mean TODAY, for each single product, a Developer has to deploy (providing a separate binary) for each of the following :

- x86 32bit VST2 Windows
- x86 32bit VST3 Windows
- x86 64bit VST2 Windows
- x86 64bit VST3 Windows
- x86 64bit AAX Windows
- x86 64bit VST2 macOS
- x86 64bit VST3 macOS
- x86 64bit AU macOS
- x86 64bit AAX macOS
- ARM 64bit VST2 macOS
- ARM 64bit VST3 macOS
- ARM 64bit AU macOS
- ARM 64bit AAX Windows
- ......and RISC-V ...and Linux ...and...many other will follow soon...

No Developer is here to blindly obey any hardware vendors strategies/desires - until they provide a high performance interpreter for each new ISA / silicon they are introducing.

About Apple Silicon, fortunately there's the good Rosetta2 and many similar things will happen (to say the truth, it already started to happen) on other major OSes.

So I wouldn't focus too much attention on this or that silicon.
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

blank space.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Blank space drives me crazy, please delete this
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

xhunaudio wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:06 pm Hey kylie,

reasonably soon, but not before the end of Summer.
Do you still need a hand with converting patches, or have you got enough cover now?

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:04 pm A shame about the archaic click-intensive workflow in this synth. Definitely a case where faithfulness to hardware doesn't benefit the plugin.

Have a re-read of the thread title :-) This appears to be about to change!

Touch The Universe wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:41 am Blank space drives me crazy, please delete this
"Horror vacui" is not a problem in LittleOne version 4.x ;)

steb_osc wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:51 pm
xhunaudio wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:06 pm Hey kylie,

reasonably soon, but not before the end of Summer.
Do you still need a hand with converting patches, or have you got enough cover now?
Already done, thanks !

Since the adoption of a proprietary format for presets (LittleOne version 3.x), the factory sound bank can be upgraded in a matter of seconds.

Also, for the End User, upgrading a private preset from version 3.x to version 4.x is very simple :

1 - load the preset (version 3.x format) you want to upgrade

2 - save it (it will be automatically converted to version 4.x format)

I'm interested in version four.

Can I be a beta dude, and work on presets.

TTU Youtube

xhunaudio wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:56 pm
So it is going to be a new major release then. Nice! How much will you charge for the upgrade? A major overhaul does not need to come for free, in my opinion. Hope to see it "soon" ;)

+1 for Touch the Universe to work on Presets, I've bought a couple of packs for my Virus TI2 (Ultimate X Sounds ) as well as Viper from him,and he excels at this!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

kylie wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:00 am
xhunaudio wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:56 pm
So it is going to be a new major release then. Nice! How much will you charge for the upgrade? A major overhaul does not need to come for free, in my opinion. Hope to see it "soon" ;)
Hi,

yes indeed - it's going to be a major release and the upgrade will be very cheap and affordable.

More than "months", it's a matter of "several weeks" :)

Touch The Universe wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:37 pm I'm interested in version four.

Can I be a beta dude, and work on presets.
Thank you so much, but unfortunately (or better, fortunately) the "beta" stage is over now.

About presets design, you're always welcome :hug:

Looking forward to this update :)
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

Return to “Instruments”