SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

zvenx wrote: Also I think on your screen also satya 120 is indeed not very sharp. Would you agree?
Yep! I asked Satya if he really used 2x resolution image and he said yes, but as you also noticed the 2x res images are still a bit blurry, not sharp enough. (which is very obvious when you have a "retina" screen)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I haven't even dragged it on my retina screen yet this is a normal dell 1920x1080). Its an attached screen to my laptop which does have retina.
His SMone skin is very sharp so he surely knows how to do it :-).
I noticed a new mac beta, but understandably you haven't gotten around to the stuff mentioned on:

Just downloaded the Beta dated 11/11/2017 some comments.
2. unlike synthmaster one :
a) you can select multiple tags in the same category whilst searching.
b) you can easily deselect tags by clicking on them again.
Both to me (that is synthmaster one's behaviour) should be the desired behaviour.

3. I assume you still haven't gotten around to fixing the pre 2.7 presets issues.

readme notes would be helpful please so we know what has changed.

thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Also :-).
I notice that if you right click over a parameter after dragging a modulation source onto it, the right click info is not updated.
Would be nice if it was :-) (SMone doesn't even have the right click additional information)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:
We always have the ReleaseNotes.txt file under

win:c:\program files\kv331 audio\synthmaster
mac:/library/application support/kv331 audio/synthmaster
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
zvenx wrote:
We always have the ReleaseNotes.txt file under

win:c:\program files\kv331 audio\synthmaster
mac:/library/application support/kv331 audio/synthmaster

I keep forgetting that, but that isn't what I meant.
I mean today I noticed a new beta as opposed to yesterday,so would have been nice to see a readme before I downloaded it, and if not after I download a fix difference between the previous beta and this one.
not a huge issue obviously.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

oh I see. Will try to add a new field to the database for that.
Works at KV331 Audio

I'm getting crashes on the new beta, I usually can't load it twice before it takes down Reaper. Deleting the config file seems to allow it to load but eventually crashes again. I'm using Synthmaster 2.9 x64 on Reaper x64.

DocShay wrote:I'm getting crashes on the new beta, I usually can't load it twice before it takes down Reaper. Deleting the config file seems to allow it to load but eventually crashes again. I'm using Synthmaster 2.9 x64 on Reaper x64.
Please try a really really clean installation. I use Reaper for my tests ALL the time. I tested clean installation and also upgrade from 2.8.

delete c:\program files\kv331 audio\synthmaster
delete c:\program files\vstplugins\kv331 audio
delete my documents/synthmaster/config
reinstall full setup.
Works at KV331 Audio

DocShay wrote:I'm getting crashes on the new beta, I usually can't load it twice before it takes down Reaper. Deleting the config file seems to allow it to load but eventually crashes again. I'm using Synthmaster 2.9 x64 on Reaper x64.
I've installed SM 2.9 beta over the last alpha version half an hour ago and everything works fine in reaper 5.62 64 (Win 8.1).

Crash log reporting is gonna save us BIG TIME!

Email address = demo
Product code = SM2
Version number = 2.9.0
PlugIn name = com.kv331audio.SynthMaster2VST
IP address = 62.34.166.227

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 com.kv331audio.SynthMaster2VST 0x000000013d818ce1 CSynthMasterEffectEditor::SetCurrentProduct(int) + 81
1 com.kv331audio.SynthMaster2VST 0x000000013d81b5aa CSynthMasterEffectEditor::open(void*) + 426
2 com.kv331audio.SynthMaster2VST 0x000000013d76259d AudioEffect::dispatcher(int, int, long long, void*, float) + 109
3 com.kv331audio.SynthMaster2VST 0x000000013d7622c7 AudioEffect::dispatchEffectClass(AEffect*, int, int, long long, void*, float) + 23
Works at KV331 Audio

Been playing with SM2.9 beta for the last hour and the first two things I'd like to see adressed ...

1. is there any chance to mark the index position on the wavetable graphics in real-time once it's being modulated so we get a better idea on how to configure the modulation source?

2. I've dragged an dropped an entire folder of Serum wavetables into the waveform window and everything works and sounds just fine (kudos!) and SM is copying all the files (500MB) into the SM waveforms folder on my system drive. What about an optional simple link to the original samples/wavetable folder instead of that copy business?

Apologies for the double posts (gotta recalibrate my tablet screen)

atya wrote:Been playing with SM2.9 beta for the last hour and the first two things I'd like to see adressed ...

1. is there any chance to mark the index position on the wavetable graphics in real-time once it's being modulated so we get a better idea on how to configure the modulation source?

2. I've dragged an dropped an entire folder of Serum wavetables into the waveform window and everything works and sounds just fine (kudos!) and SM is copying all the files (500MB) into the SM waveforms folder on my system drive. What about an optional simple link to the original samples/wavetable folder instead of that copy business?
1. No that's not possible yet. Will try to implement that in v3.0
2. Once I manage to add a dialog for "import waveforms/wavetables" that might be possible. the folder locations should be stored in the config file though, and if that file is deleted all location informations would be lost.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:Crash log reporting is gonna save us BIG TIME!

Email address = demo
Product code = SM2
Version number = 2.9.0
PlugIn name = com.kv331audio.SynthMaster2VST
IP address = 62.34.166.227

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 com.kv331audio.SynthMaster2VST 0x000000013d818ce1 CSynthMasterEffectEditor::SetCurrentProduct(int) + 81
1 com.kv331audio.SynthMaster2VST 0x000000013d81b5aa CSynthMasterEffectEditor::open(void*) + 426
2 com.kv331audio.SynthMaster2VST 0x000000013d76259d AudioEffect::dispatcher(int, int, long long, void*, float) + 109
3 com.kv331audio.SynthMaster2VST 0x000000013d7622c7 AudioEffect::dispatchEffectClass(AEffect*, int, int, long long, void*, float) + 23
Yeah I'm still getting crashes even after doing a clean install. How would I be able to get this crash dump?

DocShay wrote:Yeah I'm still getting crashes even after doing a clean install. How would I be able to get this crash dump?
On Windows you can't as far as I know :?

You might have multiple versions installed on the same machine.

I'd search for all SynthMaster files/folders, SynthMaster2.dll, SynthMaster2FX.dll, delete them, also delete my documents/synthmaster folder COMPLETELY (please write down your email/serial number somewhere),
and reinstall. That'd be a real clean install.

To which folders are you installing

a) data files
b) dll files
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”