Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

dreamvoid wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:24 pm And then you regret buying the software ... haha ... what nonsense is that?
Yeah, sorry, I'm sure you have the better data on what I regret and what not.
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

Wasnt nexus2 with elicenser also cracked long long time?...
long time ago, yes. But not for Mac. And since then it safe like Fort Knox. Steinberg learned to close their weakpoints

msvs wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:34 pm long time ago, yes. But not for Mac. And since then it safe like Fort Knox. Steinberg learned to close their weakpoints
Ok. For me it doesnt matter i got a elicenser and got no prob with it.
But i really hope the cp isnt really making the performance slower like someone here stated :(
One thing which i hate to be in disadvantage as a legit customer
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

its certainly more stable, than lines and lines of trial and error code being removed from a cracked plugin.

If you are fair with people in my situation (three slaved machines), then all is good.

Greedy dev (e.g. Vengeance): Every pirated copy is a lost sale, so I need to raise the price of my software and spend all my time developing better copy protection!

Generous dev (e.g. U-He): If I make my software affordable and provide top notch service for it, more people will buy it.

Realistic dev (e.g. Hornet): I don't waste time and money on copy protection, because it always gets cracked.

msvs wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:26 pm there is no reason for the eLicenser
Please stick to that policy, I would hate to have to let go of Avenger if you ever switched to eLicenser.

Reefius wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:48 pm Greedy dev (e.g. Vengeance): Every pirated copy is a lost sale, so I need to raise the price of my software and spend all my time developing better copy protection!

Generous dev (e.g. U-He): If I make my software affordable and provide top notch service for it, more people will buy it.

Realistic dev (e.g. Hornet): I don't waste time and money on copy protection, because it always gets cracked.
I can't imagine the first two in any shape or form being accurate.
Granted to license elicenser software the price may go up, but I am pretty sure he won't be spending all his time developing a better copy protection. Most of that work would be done by Steinberg and he incorporates it in his product.

I love u-he stuff, but their copy protection afaik is designed to be unobtrusive but works really really well. I am not sure how much the top notch service and affordability plays a part in it being or not being pirated.
rsp
sound sculptist

Reefius wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:48 pm Realistic dev (e.g. Hornet): I don't waste time and money on copy protection, because it always gets cracked.
That's easy to say when you're a one man company with almost no sales. Actually, it would be pretty crazy not to think like that in that case.

And why is Vengeance greedy now? Well, hold on. I don't think i'm even interested in your opinion. :dog:

Another prime example of a consumer with no idea how to run a business, but a urgent need to post his pseudo do-gooder opinion.
Last edited by chk071 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reefius wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:48 pm Greedy dev (e.g. Vengeance): Every pirated copy is a lost sale, so I need to raise the price of my software and spend all my time developing better copy protection!

I agree big times u-he's product design & copy protection is made to turn pirates into customers, instead of punishing existing customers of course. Fair pricing, service/support and regular updates/improvement are a reason to buy in.

I wouldn't call it greedy, though the "we make products and add an expansion system to everything" (remember metrum or phalanx) has obvious reasons :-D

I don't think u-he prices are that far away from Avenger. Diva is $179, and Avenger is much more attractive imho. Hornet's plugins are ~$10 so its almost not worth the effort of spending time cracking them.

msvs wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:26 pm @Metaside: well I guess the 50% deal ultimately lead to the fact, the crackers could afford it (and all the XPs) for cracking. However, until v2.0 comes out there will be at least 1 year of development time, and meanwhile you can get 1.5.0 for free with tons of new features, and even a free XP... and all XPs which come out in that time.
And its not covered in stone... if (unlikely) 1.5. will be safe again, there is no reason for the eLicenser
Hi Manuel,
Avenger is a great product and a steal at the sale price. I hear 1.5 will bring new stuff and I for one never take free updates for granted. So thanks for that.

I'm a bit surprised though that of all things a security rework would lead to a paid upgrade. I consider a security solution to be completely an internal matter with no benefits (more like the opposite) for the customer?

I just bought a 5 pack for expansions
and hope that I can use this pack for all future expansions. As these were your words exactely.

I'm a bit surprised though that of all things a security rework would lead to a paid upgrade. I consider a security solution to be completely an internal matter with no benefits (more like the opposite) for the customer?
no, not the security update costs money... version 2.0 will be also offering new features, sounds etc... for that you pay the money. Pay a small amount for a major version upgrade is not an uncommon thing.
and of course, all your the XPs stay compatible. Expansions, released after 2.0 will of course need the 2.0 version to run, but older will run, too of course.
I dont know U-HEs copy protection at all, but however, we dont have the manpower to make such a thing.

Soundplex wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:30 pm
dreamvoid wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:24 pmI have worked with many software developers and know from them first hand the internal discussions how pirated software hurts sales massively.
So it's still just one word against another, not a real prove as the facts are in your mind :lol: 8)
You act like a kid, playing the naive mind. Of course in a forum I cannot and wouldn't present protocols of the conversation. But a little logically thinking should show that we're discussing a problem that is real, otherwise Manuel wouldn't see the necessity to re-think copy protection.
Just ask him or other developers why they use copy protection - because the loss of sales thru pirated software is real. They probably have numbers at hand. That seems like psychological obstacle you have towards reality, just using words trying to deceive yourself.

Oh how I love paid updates :D Just waiting for the next subscription service XD As if piracy is something unexpected and not already count into the pricing.

Return to “Instruments”