MKS-50 vs ReDominator (mp3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Attached is the syx file for the sound used in the first post of this thread. To make it sound similar to the mp3 file, some delay and reverb effects will need to be added. I used the utility on the ReDominator site to convert the patch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SayersWeb wrote:Attached is the syx file for the sound used in the first post of this thread. To make it sound similar to the mp3 file, some delay and reverb effects will need to be added. I used the utility on the ReDominator site to convert the patch.
Do you think you could send me the converted .repatch also? info@audiorealism.se is fine.. Then I can compare with the latest version of ReDominator and rule out that it is the .syx converter that is messing up.

Thanks!
Mike / AudioRealism
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

I also see from your soundcloud profile picture that you have a cat. Have you tried replicating the comparison with the cat in and outside of the studio? That could also be a source of interference..
--Mike
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

Jokes aside, this is basically just a terrible terrible emulation of a Juno, i was happy with Redominator being a replacement for a Juno, while updates were happening and you took some interest (likely hood of getting it sounding right), i shall be making sure that anybody who asks is told to look elsewhere, in fact there is no elsewhere, buy a Juno, because this thing is terrible, and considering how good your 303 is, this is beyond a joke.
Duh

Modeling is difficult to get right ... I would argue if you want 100% accurate emulation as a plug-in of any analog synth out there, forget it and just get the hardware. Then again you can get scarily close with some plug-ins. Alpha Junos are not that expensive actually.
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Mike Janney wrote:Do you think you could send me the converted .repatch also? info@audiorealism.se is fine.. Then I can compare with the latest version of ReDominator and rule out that it is the .syx converter that is messing up.

Thanks!
Mike / AudioRealism
I sent the converted patch to your email.

The cats are a great help with my music... :)

bungle wrote:Jokes aside, this is basically just a terrible terrible emulation of a Juno, i was happy with Redominator being a replacement for a Juno, while updates were happening and you took some interest (likely hood of getting it sounding right), i shall be making sure that anybody who asks is told to look elsewhere, in fact there is no elsewhere, buy a Juno, because this thing is terrible, and considering how good your 303 is, this is beyond a joke.
Hey, we'll I have read your criticism and you are free to hold your opinion. I would say its a little harsh dismissing someone's work as a joke. I can say that the Alpha Juno is a favorit synth of mine and I agree ReDominator can be improved on many levels, which was also the plan. When ABL1/2/3 was released we did many minor improvements, which finally results in something that is actually good enough. With ReDominator the filter was replaced because I basically could not model it correct at the time and time was short. So, we settled for getting the hoover sounding decent (it does not use the filter, its fully open on that patch), and the other factory patches seemed to import and sound decent. We had a couple of Alpha Juno users as testers and they helped us tune the model somewhat, we reduced aliasing, cleaned up noise etc. I kept working on the Juno 24dB filter emulation (ReDominators default filter was a 12dB/oct SVF type).

The plan was to update ReDominator with this filter, and it looks like some users got the update but not all of them. Meanwhile we wanted to release the massive updated 303-engine as ABL3, so things take time and get postponed..

Now, overall ReDominator users seem pretty happy, its meant to be a fun, good sounding synth that is somewhat compatible with the Alpha Juno. Could it be a better emulation? Surely, and its something I look forward to keep improving when I have the time.

And I agree, if you want an Alpha Juno, get a real Alpha Juno. No software emulation of anything can really replace the original thing.

-- Mike / AudioRealism
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

Mike Janney wrote:
bungle wrote:Jokes aside, this is basically just a terrible terrible emulation of a Juno, i was happy with Redominator being a replacement for a Juno, while updates were happening and you took some interest (likely hood of getting it sounding right), i shall be making sure that anybody who asks is told to look elsewhere, in fact there is no elsewhere, buy a Juno, because this thing is terrible, and considering how good your 303 is, this is beyond a joke.
Hey, we'll I have read your criticism and you are free to hold your opinion. I would say its a little harsh dismissing someone's work as a joke. I can say that the Alpha Juno is a favorit synth of mine and I agree ReDominator can be improved on many levels, which was also the plan. When ABL1/2/3 was released we did many minor improvements, which finally results in something that is actually good enough. With ReDominator the filter was replaced because I basically could not model it correct at the time and time was short. So, we settled for getting the hoover sounding decent (it does not use the filter, its fully open on that patch), and the other factory patches seemed to import and sound decent. We had a couple of Alpha Juno users as testers and they helped us tune the model somewhat, we reduced aliasing, cleaned up noise etc. I kept working on the Juno 24dB filter emulation (ReDominators default filter was a 12dB/oct SVF type).

The plan was to update ReDominator with this filter, and it looks like some users got the update but not all of them. Meanwhile we wanted to release the massive updated 303-engine as ABL3, so things take time and get postponed..

Now, overall ReDominator users seem pretty happy, its meant to be a fun, good sounding synth that is somewhat compatible with the Alpha Juno. Could it be a better emulation? Surely, and its something I look forward to keep improving when I have the time.

And I agree, if you want an Alpha Juno, get a real Alpha Juno. No software emulation of anything can really replace the original thing.

-- Mike / AudioRealism
So where do i get my version with the other filter option in vst on windows?
I bought it right after it came out but no mail or info about it being released.

D-Fusion wrote: So where do i get my version with the other filter option in vst on windows?
I bought it right after it came out but no mail or info about it being released.
It wasn't released yet officially. It's in beta. The Rack Extension version has this option however.
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

I do have the RE version too but i don't use Reason atm. So it would have been nice to have it in my vst version too ;)

Hope it will be released in the near future :tu:

Yes, also looking forward to finalizing that beta..!
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

I did not say your work was a joke, in fact i paid you a compliment on how good your 303 is, the joke is that this is so poor compared to your 303 (The definitive 303 in software)
There is no other Alpha Juno emulation, and such i would like to see this become the definitive emulation of that also !!
Duh

Mike, if you need an extra tester for it, PM me. I have quite a bit of experience with testing.

i think u should consider that the hardware goes thru a few more stages than the Plugin
and u should compensate for that

so the Hardware goes to a cable (balanced or unbalanced of varying quality)

into a mixer(..right ?)

and then goes out from another cable (balanced or unbalanced of varying quality)

to an audio-interface analog circuit (mixer's line-out so u need a balanced cable)

and then a analogue to digital converter (of varying quality)

a Hardware analogue Synth will always be a little brighter than a plugin because,
the plugin is a slave to the sample-rate, this is why some people use a higher sample rate.

also i think u should tweak the plugin's parameters i doubt having identical settings with the hardware will sound exactly the same
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

I think the developer has given up on it and should be honest about it, it doesnt get any updates, and at this point i dont expect any.
It is nothing like a Juno, but it does 'what the' ok
Duh

Return to “Instruments”