Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Damn that was quick.
thanks
rsp

edit: and confirming it works.
sound sculptist

Dencheg wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:13 pm Hey guys, I'm unable to assign a foot controller (to filter for instance). Works in Dune.
Am I alone?
Sorry, I should have read the manual. Apparently, the expression is reserved for the "Performance" section, but it's not assigned for patches I've seen so far despite having an empty slot in the section (also, the filter rotation is not shown upon slot assignment) :(
I'd rather prefer having it available for MIDI learn, as the filter control is the most important synth part after the white and black keys

upd proposal: make it possible to use CC11 for midi learn, and MIDI learn would have higher priority then the performance slots
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

uhmm so this was suppose to be that big update for Legend? :( looks like just a maintance update to me

Probably just getting VST3 out of the way....
I suspect a lot of developers will switch to only supporting VST3 soon.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

accessdune3 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:08 pm uhmm so this was suppose to be that big update for Legend? :( looks like just a maintance update to me
The big one is further down the road :)

We address both VST3 and M1 support now, since people are asking for it. With this out of the way, we can focus on new stuff afterwards.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Hello Richard!

Is the effects bypass button lock feature on front panel global?

I guess so because once I've locked the button, every instance of the legend, even on other projects, will open with it locked.

Is this intended behavior?

Wouldn't be better if this feature were for each instance?

If this behavior ins't a bug or is intended, then is my feature request :)

Hmmm In Cubase 11, Mac 10.14.6 it is per instance here.
I just tried it.
Created a new project with two instances of Legend.... bypassed the Global efx on the second instance. It didn't affect the first instance, I then added a third instance and that opened and when I changed patches they were efx enabled.
rsp
sound sculptist

I just tried it here on Win 10 in Cakewalk, FL studio, and Reaper. The Effects On/Off button is remembered per instance.

Load an instance, turn off FX, Load another instance and the FX are on.

I'm not even sure how one instance of any plugin could tell another instance what to do let alone make changes in previously existing projects. Seems more like a DAW issue to me

What OS, DAW ? VST2 or 3 or ?
Last edited by Teksonik on Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Some plugins can actually communicate that way... like those which you can put in group mode and change one and they all change.

But for sure for me Legend doesn't act that way.
rsp
sound sculptist

Yes I forget about the Plugin Alliance effects plugins which can change the TMT for multiple instances but that requires a user action. It doesn't just happen and doesn't affect previously existing projects or new instances of the plugins.

I'm quite confident the issue reported is not intended behavior in The Legend.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

If Richard is still monitoring this thread: when a larger update for the Legend does eventually come, please allow a mouse modifier to link the Decay and Release knobs in order to quickly simulate the Moog ADS envelopes with decay enabled. I know it's been requested before but hoping it doesn't get lost with other requests. A quick link for those two parameters would speed up the process of getting authentic envelope behavior.

Thanks everyone.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about the lock feature, where you right-click the effects ON/OFF button and the "Lock Parameter" appear.

I've just tested it again and yes, still locking globally. I don't need to even save the project. All other Legends instances will follow the behavior.

VST2, Windows 10, Live 11 (non-beta).

Ah yes that is confirmed on Cubase on mac too.
Unlocking seems to be per instance though :)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:05 pm Ah yes that is confirmed on Cubase on mac too.
Unlocking seems to be per instance though :)
rsp
Thank you.

Okie dokie.

I've tried logging in on the synapse forums but for some reason my login doesn't work. I can access my account tho.

Can somebody test this and post on Synapse forum?

Return to “Instruments”