Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

antic604 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:18 pm You're kidding, right? You release a plugins and go off-line for 2 weeks???
So let me get this straight, I work my ass off for months making a totally FREE update. Then I release it and I am tired like F**k, and I take a break from all the hard work to spend some time with the family. And I cannot do that because "entitlement". Well F**K!!!
sacer wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:41 pm it's now working fluent with 1.5, espercialy preset change, but I can't load Serum Wavetables. I can select them, only as classic oscilator, where they don't work. I don't see them as under wavetables, only factory and sinus bank, but no usere bank.
In the latest Viper 1.0.5 version put your serum wavs into the Wavetable folder wherever you have installed Viper. so lets say Steinberg/VstPlugins/Viper/Wavetables. Then in Viper select the wavetable oscillators and use the drop down menu to select the serum wavs.
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:42 pm No i mean internaly at what sample rate Viper is running? :) for example Monark runs at 88.2khz, some other plugins at 44.1 ect
Its running at whatever you set your hosts samplerate.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

antic604 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:18 pm
adamtrance wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:04 pm
anoise wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:57 pm Disabling the arp does not help with the above mentioned Arpica preset (I edited my original post above). I still get buffer underruns on every note i play on my midi keyboard.
Ok Ill take a look at it when I am back in two weeks from the holiday
You're kidding, right? You release a plugins and go off-line for 2 weeks???
It's hard to tell if you're being jokingly sarcastic or just being a dick.

antic604 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:18 pmYou're kidding, right? You release a plugins and go off-line for 2 weeks???
This may be the single most entitled post I've ever read on this forum. Seriously, this is something.

Good work Adam, thanks for the update, looking forward to checking it out.

Finally!!! A perfect Xmas gift for myself! Well done Adam! After browsing through a few presets, I don’t think I will buy any other synth for a while. Enjoy your very-well-deserved break!
Trance, Trance Is Life

finally a sale but alas paypal is insisting I create a paypal account even though I just want to pay with card and not setup a paypal account.

Create your PayPal account
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

You can just create the account, pay with your credit card, then delete your account. What is stopping you from doing that?

I don't want to setup a pp account. i'll keep it in mind though. btw do you sell through other outlets like pluginboutique or audiodeluxe?

Nope, just on my site

thanks

Gonna pick this up before the sale is over. Thanks!

adamtrance wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:53 pm
antic604 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:18 pm You're kidding, right? You release a plugins and go off-line for 2 weeks???
So let me get this straight, I work my ass off for months making a totally FREE update. Then I release it and I am tired like F**k, and I take a break from all the hard work to spend some time with the family. And I cannot do that because "entitlement". Well F**K!!!
@Adam, I'm sorry. This came out wrong. I really appreciate you doing this!

BUT for me this isn't a free update, as I was actually waiting with buying Viper until the release of this new version you've been announcing for well over a year now. But now I won't, at least not until the performance is fixed... It doesn't help that you blame 3rd party library you have no control over or that you say you'll look into issues of PAID PRODUCT in 2 weeks time. Most of us here - except for kids living in their parents' basements, apparently - work our asses off to support our families too. And we too want to spend time with them. But that's not an excuse for releasing something & then abandoning the support. That's not entitlement. That's expecting a professional behaviour.

So, I apologize again. I hyped myself too much for finally getting it & snapped way to easily, when it turned out it's not what I expected.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

sacer wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:41 pm it's now working fluent with 1.5, espercialy preset change, but I can't load Serum Wavetables. I can select them, only as classic oscilator, where they don't work. I don't see them as under wavetables, only factory and sinus bank, but no usere bank.
In the latest Viper 1.0.5 version put your serum wavs into the Wavetable folder wherever you have installed Viper. so lets say Steinberg/VstPlugins/Viper/Wavetables. Then in Viper select the wavetable oscillators and use the drop down menu to select the serum wavs.

I moved them into the wavetables/user folder, should I move them into the factory folder ?

I had one crash with ableton 10.1 win 10 64 by switching throug the new factory 4 library.
With 1.04 I had some drop outs by selecting presets, which is now fixed.
Except of this one crash, this version runs very smooth on my system. No drop outs, No high cpu usage nor anything else.

can i sell it in the future or it will become NFR?

antic604 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:28 am
@Adam, I'm sorry. This came out wrong. I really appreciate you doing this!

BUT for me this isn't a free update, as I was actually waiting with buying Viper until the release of this new version you've been announcing for well over a year now. But now I won't, at least not until the performance is fixed... It doesn't help that you blame 3rd party library you have no control over or that you say you'll look into issues of PAID PRODUCT in 2 weeks time. Most of us here - except for kids living in their parents' basements, apparently - work our asses off to support our families too. And we too want to spend time with them. But that's not an excuse for releasing something & then abandoning the support. That's not entitlement. That's expecting a professional behaviour.

So, I apologize again. I hyped myself too much for finally getting it & snapped way to easily, when it turned out it's not what I expected.
There is a thing called work hours and vacation. And every working man or woman has a right to that. Adam is a working man and he has a right to have his working hours and vacation like you do or any other person or company has. So he has a right to take vacation, because after all you are in the minority that expierience the problems. As a matter of fact Adam has a right to not even answer to you if he decides to make his working hours from 8 till 17.

So is it better to take 2 weeks off and have a good rest and back to work happy?

or miss the family celebration and work with frustration for someone who in the first place doesnt need the instrument enough that he waited 2 years to save money for 5 cups of starbucks coffee and feels hurt because he wated so long?

Well i think the answer is clear, in the end after all as i said, like you do have a right for vacation, holiday and taking rest, Adam has a right as well. So be respectful and dont whine like a 16 year old rich girl who got a wrong color car. After all you dont need Viper, otherwise you wouldve bought it already.

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:48 amSo is it better to take 2 weeks off and have a good rest and back to work happy?
It's not either / or. Well planned business would release it two weeks before vacations to have the time to address the bugs during 9-17 working hours; or release it after holidays, when he's back "in the office" to take care of the reports.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Instruments”