Xils-Lab PolyKB III -Official Thread- [v3.5]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PolyKB

audiosabre wrote:Why, oh why, didn't you fix the GUI? Parts are skeuomorphic, and others look more birds eye flat. It's super off-putting in PKB II.5 :(

The sound is top-drawer, which is why it's so upsetting. Sorry to sound negative, but I was praying to the spaghetti monster that you'd see sense for PKB III. I was taught this stuff in GCSE level graphic design :!:
Does this mean you found the missing "add to cart" button ? :o

audiosabre wrote:Why, oh why, didn't you fix the GUI? Parts are skeuomorphic, and others look more birds eye flat. It's super off-putting in PKB II.5 :(

The sound is top-drawer, which is why it's so upsetting. Sorry to sound negative, but I was praying to the spaghetti monster that you'd see sense for PKB III. I was taught this stuff in GCSE level graphic design :!:
...i kinda like this approach, to be honest...dark, classic, flat and skeuomorphic, all at the same time, without it being ugly (subjective, ofcourse :) )

Cheaper with vouchers :party:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Vouchers?

aMUSEd wrote:Vouchers?
Sorry, I meant coupon code, in your account if you've ever bought anything previously
Amazon: why not use an alternative

As long as there is no add to cart button, anything is cheaper, even with or without vouchers :D

A prerequisite for my buying any soft synth: does it have a resizable gui? If I can blow it up to the size of my screen, I'll get in line to buy it.

Most XILS synths do so I assume so

PolyKB II.5 has three sizes : the tallest is 1400 dpi wide. Since it was sort of a prototype for PolyKB III, I assume it'll feature the same screen resolutions..?
Last edited by Romain Rousseau on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dakl wrote:A prerequisite for my buying any soft synth: does it have a resizable gui? If I can blow it up to the size of my screen, I'll get in line to buy it.
PKB 2.5 got that feature, a user can select wide (1400p), medium (1200p) or small (1000p) size

So I expect PKB 3 too have that, or even more choices
Last edited by Numanoid on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheaper with vouchers :party:
I already used my voucher for the upgrade to v2.5

As it stands now I will have paid a total of €71.4 to get to PolyKB III level (if the v3 upgrade of €25 is correct as stated now).

exmatproton wrote:

...i kinda like this approach, to be honest...dark, classic, flat and skeuomorphic, all at the same time, without it being ugly (subjective, ofcourse :) )
The day one GUI/UI will please everybody might be the day before apocalypse :)

To Audiosabre : Just contemplate the sound. GUI/UI is fully usable, and sound well ... imho might be the first concern, if you don't find it too repulsive of course. (Because the GUI won't be printed on your tracks, sound, yes)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Romain Rousseau wrote:PolyKB II.5 has three sizes : the tallest is 1400 dpi wide. Since it was sort of a prototype for PolyKB III, I assume it'll feature the same screen resolutions..?
Exactly that : 3 sizes, and the precise ones Numanoid listed. ( Menu : options + you'll have to relaunch the plug after changing size to make it effective )

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:might be the day before apocalypse :)
...so is that the day before or after the "add to cart" button will be show up at XILS website? :D

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Vouchers?
Sorry, I meant coupon code, in your account if you've ever bought anything previously
Yes,

for example, those who purchased PolyKB II.5 during the Last Sale event should have generated a 5% coupon. That they can use when they upgrade to PolyKb 3, to buy another Xils instrument. ( then another, then another ... :)

Also VB, for your glitches problems, maybe you can try the GUI Refresh options in the 'option menu', and see if it gets better (just an idea)

Return to “Instruments”