One Synth Challenge #95: HY-Mono by HY-Plugins / hyakken (Carl_saved wins!!!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HY-Mono

objectman wrote: But frankly. I don't know what I'm doing. Which I believe is fine in the OSC? :phones: :)

rghvdberg wrote:
objectman wrote: But frankly. I don't know what I'm doing. Which I believe is fine in the OSC? :phones: :)
:hihi: Yup that's pretty much me in most OSCs

Funny... Last month I made a stresstest with any aviable free VST (instances, cpu load eg.) and HY-Mono was in. So I'm in!

Will be hard for me this time, cos' I know Synth1 like my pocket and HY I know aaaaabsolutely nothing! But hey... I'm into playing survival games on pc and so I save lot's og cash! lol

Paree wrote:
RuediRena wrote:Oh my!
My in most cases stable running system of Ubuntu 16.04 (32 bit)/Jack/Wine 1.6.2/Reaper 5.311/WineAsio is choking heavily on HY-Mono (32 bit) crashing Reaper every five minutes. :bang:
Advice anyone?
Greetings
Ruedi
Strange. I have a spare laptop with Ubuntu studio installed in it. I'll check it when i get time.
Thanks, Paree.

Some more information on my system as I've been a bit sloppy on my first post:
It is actually also Ubuntu Studio, i.e. I am running a lowlatency kernel and gdiplus is already installed.

Here is what Mono gui showed on the last trial of mine to shape a Kick. Had two duplicated instances running, one phase inverted and both FX windows were opened. Suddenly Reaper crashed, froze and Mono displayed on one of its GUIs (the one I was not working on) the following.

It is the original screenshot. Notice the suddenly blue tinted pots and the blackened rectangle under the VCF Modulation which should be Env2.
Buggy plugin compatibility mode was on on both instances, doesn't make a difference if it is on or off. Mono also crashes Reaper with only one instance. And every time the FX window is open, me changing patches on the fly while transport is active. I am playing around with the synth which is my normal procedure in this stage. Not with Mono :o
What is going on there?
Let's see if this bugger is to be resolved in the next days as I as well have the time and the motivation to do some HY-Mono audio engineering.

Last edited by RuediRena on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RuediRena wrote:
Paree wrote:
RuediRena wrote:Oh my!
My in most cases stable running system of Ubuntu 16.04 (32 bit)/Jack/Wine 1.6.2/Reaper 5.311/WineAsio is choking heavily on HY-Mono (32 bit) crashing Reaper every five minutes. :bang:
Advice anyone?
Greetings
Ruedi
Strange. I have a spare laptop with Ubuntu studio installed in it. I'll check it when i get time.
Thanks, Paree.

Some more information on my system as I've been a bit sloppy on my first post:
It is actually also Ubuntu Studio, i.e. I am running a lowlatency kernel and gdiplus is already installed.

Here is what Mono gui showed on the last trial of mine to shape a Kick. Had two duplicated instances running, one phase inverted and both FX windows were opened. Suddenly Reaper crashed, froze and Mono displayed on one of its GUIs (the one I was not working on) the following.

It is the original screenshot. Notice the suddenly blue tinted pots and the blackened rectangle under the VCF Modulation which should be Env2.
Buggy plugin compatibility mode was on on both instances, doesn't make a difference if it is on or off. Mono also crashes Reaper with only one instance. And every time the FX window is open, me changing patches on the fly while transport is active. I am playing around with the synth which is my normal procedure in this stage. Not with Mono :o
What is going on there?
Let's see if this bugger is to be resolved in the next days as I as well have the time and the motivation to do some HY-Mono audio engineering.

Uhhh I had the same beautiful blue stuff. Same here, was doing a kick, 3 instances, one was completely blue. I've a meeting now - after that I do a second try.

I had that bug also on Windows/Live 9.

Consoling fact that I am not the only one. :phones: :)

I reposted my report on the hyakken thread in the Effects forum around the corner:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=456326&p=6667038#p6667038

hyakken seems to follow this one, let's see ...

@RuediRena, it runs smoothly in Tracktion 5, Ubuntu Studio, Wine installed.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

Paree wrote:@RuediRena, it runs smoothly in Tracktion 5, Ubuntu Studio, Wine installed.
Thanks for testing, Paree.

RuediRena wrote:
Paree wrote:@RuediRena, it runs smoothly in Tracktion 5, Ubuntu Studio, Wine installed.
Thanks for testing, Paree.
No Problem. Hope you get it sorted.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

:shrug: The bug appears seemingly randomly and only after using the synth for a while, in quick testing everything is fine. I can't replicate it reliably

.jon wrote::shrug: The bug appears seemingly randomly and only after using the synth for a while,
Right, but ...
.jon wrote:in quick testing everything is fine. I can't replicate it reliably
... I've got a hundred percent probability that it happens in the first 10 minutes - up to now after one and a half day of sporadic trials.

Seems I am mutating into the new problem bear(TM) of OSC just one month after my bugxperience with the great Synth1. :borg: :evil:

Maybe another buggish like thing:

I try to design the bassdrum, but can't force the sound to be constant. There is pops and crackles. Hard to find correct words, cos' I'm german: You don't have the exactly same sound on every note. In Synth1 you could fix that problem with the "phase" knob, but I've no clue what to do in HY. Is it kinda bug or am I too dumb?

Yeah, the oscillators are not phase locked in HY-Mono, they run freely and so the the wave can be in any "position" when the note begins. It's not a bug, that's how physical analog oscillators tend to work, but for percussive sounds it would be nice to have an option to lock it.

Ty! You saved me maybe days(weeks?) to create a bassdrum the way I learned from last OSC... lol

Additionally I found out what to do against it, when it comes to bassdrums. I wish I had started with this osc challenges muuuuch earlier. I learn so much...

Return to “Instruments”