Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

I was kind of addicted to subtractive synthesis last few years but now wavetable synths r so much more interesting to spend time effort and money with - can u reveal something about sampler part ?

The sampler is pretty basic... start point, loop points and x-fade. We have all the seamless loops from Ana 1 and added a bunch more.

We would like to add multisampling and some sort of timestretching but it was a bit beyond the scope of this release.

Any chance of exporting those midi Patterns out into midi files ? For example using the same idea as Nora by Squareheads and Z3ta 2. I don't understand why some company's don't integrate this as its a win win :wink:

ANA 2 sends midi out so you can record it to your daw. Work In most Daws And there are some workarounds for logic to do it.

We would have had to have another layer of abstraction... I.e a pattern seq to sequence chords for us to export as a midi clip.

Thats great, Thanks Phil. The ARP Sequencer export would be an amazing feature !

Phil Sonic Academy wrote:We are hoping to get some early Betas out next week to sound designers then will open it up a bit towards release late May early June.
Are we there yet? :D

No im afraid not... got a more feedback back from our testers than we expected so we are still working on a few things.

We did a lot more work on the preset and sample file management to streamline workflow.

A ton of other small bits that has all added up to probably 4 weeks delay.

Better to get it totally sorted before we release as I'm sure you understand.

Although it is giving us more time for factory presets! Woot.

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Although it is giving us more time for factory presets! Woot.
Yeah, but who uses those? :wink:

garryknight wrote:
Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Although it is giving us more time for factory presets! Woot.
Yeah, but who uses those? :wink:
More than one would think? :P

the bad thing is the osc's tabbing

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

Unfortunately not... we really expected it to be out by now. We underestimated how much work there was in getting the fx modulation sorted. Due to the drag and drop FX routing it opened a wormhole of modulation mapping pain.

It's pretty much sorted now so just tidying things up and fixing a few more bugs

I'm also improving the work flow of the chord memory system.. I wasn't totally satisfied how it was working.

I've been using it as my main synth for ages now and it sounds soooo good. That side is super sorted. It's really just the finer details we are getting sorted.

Thanks for the update Phil.

Still nothing to show off? :(
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Smooth, accurate sounding.. read : non garbled/ non "crapping out", LFO to pitch and self oscillating filter cut off modulation would be great, espcially at the upper end of the LFO rates are one thing I test on a synth to see if the LFO mod engine is doing a good job. Really looking forwards to ANA2.

Return to “Instruments”