Xhip 8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Xhip Synthesizer

Latest Xhip seems to be really nice! Earlier I thought that Xhip is good for very bright sounds only, but now the factory bank really contains some very usable sounds (of all kinds).

Let's hope there will be many banks more for new features (unison!)...

Thanks Aciddose!

http://xhip.net/synth/

Thank you, never got a chance to play with last beta, will be busy tonight

Congratulations :party:
And thanks for this jewel of a synth. I knew that it would be a great one, as it always was :tu:
:clap:
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

Thanks for the heads up and thanks Aciddose of course.

I just want to note that it seems the news was posted by someone other than myself, so the "what's new" isn't really complete or accurate and the manual hasn't yet been updated. It also needs a "getting started" section in the first pages of the manual that I haven't yet written for really non-obvious stuff that you need to do.

I can try to "off the top of my head" it right now:

GETTING STARTED:
  1. The plug-in now uses an "init state" which is like the data saved in a project that is loaded with any new instance. This includes the current bank, MIDI CC mapping, routing, effects, PCM, background color and all parameters from the "global" section such as polyphony, switches (filter DC, etc), bender range and glide mode.

In order to save "a" state you can use the "save state" option in the menu. To save the "init state" however you need to hold shift while clicking the menu which will add several options such as "save init preset", "save init state" and so on. Once you've customized the init state / preset and reloaded the plug-in in a fresh instance it'll load with your new settings.
  2. The plug-in doesn't install with any preset banks or other content. You'll probably want to download and load the "factory bank" and perhaps save it as part of your customized "init state". Due to the fact PCM is saved with the state it means your default bank can include sample content. All the additional content will be over-ridden by any project you load, so when you save a project you don't need to worry about if you change your "init state" in the future.
  3. I've wanted to remove "load/save init bank" from the menu because those are quite useless or at least redundant now that the state includes a bank. I should also include the "factory bank" inside the plug-in itself and have it write a default "init state" if one isn't found the first time an instance is loaded. The "factory bank" also needs to be tweaked a little bit and could definitely see significant improvement for a few of the sounds which is one reason I haven't made these changes yet.
As for the "why??? BUT WHY?"; It has taken me way too long putting off the release to actually release this and call it official. While there is still 1% of a few changes I'd "like to" make, none of them are necessary and so I've just forced myself to release it as-is as there is no known bug or any issues with the current plug-in version.

Please let me know if you discover any!
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Also: one of the biggest features not included in the "what's new" is the GUI is now re-sizable. Right click on the logo to get a menu allowing you to adjust the size. This setting is also stored in state.

The background bitmap is re-sized by zooming with interpolation and so the result is not perfect but the plug-in includes high resolution variations of fonts, knobs and other bitmaps which is one reason it is now so large. A lot more effort needs to go into the skinning system to allow the background to be re-rendered at high res rather than zoomed which is one of the big goals on my TODO list for version 9.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

Now that's a good news! Thanks

Ah a re-sizeable gui is great news.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Init state saving works fine!

*Really* cool brass sounds, also Xhip seems to be capable to go low with brass -- that means multilayer braams are real possibility...

This is excellent release!

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Many thanks!

Very awesome!

For anyone interested: I've finished updating the manual for the new version of the plug-in.

http://xhip.net/synth/releases/xhip_8_user_manual.pdf

I'd really appreciate any comments or requests for corrections or additions to the manual about anything anyone is curious about the plug-in or anything you notice is still missing from the manual.

I've read it about 50 times today already :)

Anyone using the plug-in should definitely read it at least once!

Thanks!

The manual is awesome!. Thanks. I really appreciate your work an dedication to this project.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Is there a way to synchronise the delay effect to your DAWs bpm?

No. That would be a tempo-synced delay without modulation while the mdelay is a modulation effect like a phaser or chorus. Even if you could sync the delay time or LFO the resulting total wouldn't be synced anymore.

Or did you mean delay time for something else? It's "possible" in all cases but not currently implemented and I see no use to implementing such a thing in any case.

I typically tweak it manually by ear which gets me close enough. In cases where you need a perfect cross-fading tempo-synced delay (gradual changes in tempo-track) you should probably use one externally. I've wanted to create such an effect for a long time but the mdelay more than satisfies my needs in 99% of cases.

Tempo-sync is an option in the future; it's just quite a lot of work since the effects weren't designed with it in mind. The effects are all intended to be like rack-mount effects with knobs and so options like tempo sync or loads of menus don't really suit them. You need to think and apply these things in a more old-school way; that is their purpose.

Return to “Instruments”