One Synth Challenge #102: The blooo by Full Bucket Music (Meakaale wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The blooo

You better hurry before them drugs wear off! :lol:

My 4th (updated) submission here! This time with a space exploration mood. Probably got inspired by Stunkit's submission :D

https://soundcloud.com/medniex/shifting-orbits

DAW: Ableton Live

37 instances of Blooo - most of them are modified presets with bunch of automations.

All host effects:
Compressor, EQ, Gate, Utility, Auto Pan, Arpegirator, glue compressor, reverb, simple delay, limiter.

This time I tried different approach for mix by using return tracks which are not that much present in my workflow yet :oops:
Last edited by Medniex on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YT | SC | FB | IG | earror :ud: KO :ud:

Hmmm, Medniex, you should revisit your kick drum, I think. Having this one work properly would most certainly push your track upward a fair bit. Right now it's this kind of broken crack that rather feels like a problem than fulfilling the function of a kick. Blooo is very, very brilliant to make a powerful kick without much effects on it, possibly just an EQ to bring it into place and a limiter only to control it's volume. Anyway, other than that... fun atmosphere. 8)

https://soundcloud.com/jazzaria/parkway-pugilist

Reaper
15 instances of Blooo
FX: ReaVerbate, ReaComp, MEqualizer, ReaXcomp, MLimiter, MLoudnessAnalyzer, JS MIDI Arpeggiator, JS MIDI Velocity and Timing Humanizer

"Oculus Spatializer is nice, I have used it in OSC 100."
Thanks man I will try it out. looks good!

Taron wrote:Hmmm, Medniex, you should revisit your kick drum, I think[..]
Hey, thank you for the feedback! Since Peter H said the same I'll try to rework it a little. However this time I didn't wanted to focus the mix on percussion although the kick probably is odd in terms of sound design... Actually that metallic bleep was more important to me than kick. Sounds strange but yeah :D

You know, you always have to consider the purpose of your instruments, I believe. So, if a certain sound suggests a certain purpose, it should try to fulfill it properly, otherwise it feels hindered up to a point of discomfort. On the basics that is actually quite pleasant to figure out. It gets trickier in the more esoteric parts of the arrangement. This is not to say that you couldn't replace a kick, but it has to fulfill its suggestion to become satisfying for the listener. A permanent tease can get very tiring pretty quickly.
I don't know any formula for this, of course, if one exists, but experience helps a lot. My basic formula is to provide some environmental orientation, something a listener should be familiar with. Above it I can offer unique elements, possibly something novel, but without any anchor it wouldn't be that easy to enjoy it or even properly receive it.
This is a tough topic...I'm sure plenty of philosophies can be discussed about it, but consider who you want to reach and you can narrow down the pool of thoughts a bit. ;)

Medniex wrote:
Taron wrote:Hmmm, Medniex, you should revisit your kick drum, I think[..]
Hey, thank you for the feedback! Since Peter H said the same I'll try to rework it a little. However this time I didn't wanted to focus the mix on percussion although the kick probably is odd in terms of sound design... Actually that metallic bleep was more important to me than kick. Sounds strange but yeah :D
Forget about philosophies and focus - The Aliens need more bass! Just get yourself a decent analyser and read about fletcher-munson and balance your spectrum a bit more to bass end...and I bet you never forget the first time you were listening music through your guts...that need some decent low ende.

] Peter:H [ wrote: need some decent low ende.
Ok, ok I'm on right path now. :hyper: Right now I have an actual kick drum :D Huge thanks to you both! I will repost my submission in an hour or so.

Oh no, don't thank me, I only make things complicated with that "thinking" stuff. Go Alien Bottoms! :borg:

Anyway, here's my go at this excellent little synth!

https://soundcloud.com/taronium/taron-perultimaverba

Per Ultima Verba
Blooo instances: 21
DAW: MuLab (http://www.mutools.com)
FX: 4 Band EQ, 2 Band EQ, binaural, delay cross, Mid-Side Processor, Level Compressor, Amp Distortion
3rd party: Abstract Chamber, Auburn Sounds Panagement, Oculus Spatializer, LoudMax64, OTT, SlickHDR, WG Doffset, Boogex

Again, Blooo is another excellent synth from Full Bucket. Bjoern, you ROCK! :tu:
I've had virtually no troubles with it, except that I've avoided troublesome stuff such as sync and ring as much as I could. Though they could make for some beautifully dirty stuff, which I did use them for. The Envelopes are crude, but double usage gave them a bit more nuance. Clicks on bass stuff I've managed to handle with WG Doffset.
But, yeah, I've had a great time with this almost quick little track and really found the synth to be inspiring, too! Thanks for another little gem, mate! :hug:

NEW!!! Now with added alien booties in 2 different colors :hihi:

Just updated my submission in the same old post :P

Hi guys, how are you doing?

This is my first time around here... I wanted to introduce myself before posting my submission, yet here we are, three days before the month ends and I have not come to introduce myself. I guess I will do everything on just one post :D

My name is Ignacio I've been producing for just a couple of years, right now I am mainly into dance music production. I've always liked to experiment and challenge myself, so when I found out about OSC I was truly amazed. I spent months (I still do) hearing past submissions, you guys manage to create very artistic and high quality compositions with just one soft synth! :tu: :hyper: That's crazy!

Taron FTW! :party: I am constantly hearing your/his work and showing him off to my friend I consider him a great artist and inspiration.

Now to the submission part of the post...

I have wanted to participate for months now, yet as a novice/intermediate producer I couldn't just grab any synth and create a full track out of it. Gladly this month's synth was a pretty nice and straightforward substractive synth, I knew my time had come :pray: hehe

So here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/user-905420151/b ... ss-osc-102

Maybe a bit substandard to what you guys can accomplish, but at least I gave it a shot! :roll:

DAW Ableton 9
21 Instances of the Blooo
Effects: Ableton Reverb, Ableton Delay, Ableton EQ 8 and Ableton Compressor

I hope you enjoy it!

Cheers :)

Welcome to the gang, Ignacio! :tu:
Naturally, I'm happy to read your introduction... :oops: :hug:

I've attached a kick I made for you to look at, which is a bit tighter than the boomy kick in your track. This should give you some more room for the rest of your music. Right now your heavy kick really absorbs a whole lot. If you want this kind of length, you should consider making an actual bass that goes with the kick, which could sustain the low pressure. This bass you can then tune properly to the rest and it will all feel a lot stronger!

GReAT first go, though! OSC is a beautiful challenge and I'd be very happy to be the first to give you something to consider and learn from. I've learned a ton from here and love to make that spirit felt to all, who join, too! :phones:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello everybody. I am almost ready with submission of this month.

This is not a submission. Sharing this as a feedback request. I may correct/delete this entry for final submission.

I am not sure how it will translate to other listening environment because it's mixed through a cheap headphone, as always. :phones:

Therefore, mixing-mastering-sound design-arrangement feedback is very important to me. :help: :hug:

I have a couple of days to improve, if I hear something to correct.

Here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/dee-p-tree/imdee ... on/s-eOk5M

Return to “Instruments”