Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
chk071
KVRAF
17016 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Wed May 16, 2018 2:55 am

Thanks. Wonder since when Google doesn't allow payment for mags in Google Play balance anymore though. :?

Joe CM
KVRer
23 posts since 15 Jun, 2016

Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

Post Wed May 16, 2018 5:12 am

Our CM257 issue (July 2018) is now on sale, featuring Thorn CM!

Issue details: http://bit.ly/CMU257
Thorn CM specs: http://bit.ly/thorncm
Thorn CM tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8jg0Z_czRA

Huge thanks to Dmitry for such an incredible synth!

GaryG
KVRAF
5689 posts since 13 Jan, 2003 from Kent, UK

Post Wed May 16, 2018 11:33 am

Joe CM wrote:Our CM257 issue (July 2018) is now on sale, featuring Thorn CM!
Looks great but are you aware of the problems people are having reaching Filesilo to download it? Seems a slow site in general but now pretty much inaccessible by the look of things (i've tried different browsers, networks, vpns etc without any luck).
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")

chk071
KVRAF
17016 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Wed May 16, 2018 11:35 am

It actually works when you wait long enough. :lol: 1 minute per link, at least. :) I'm almost at the Thorn CM download page now, after about 7 minutes. As i mentioned in the other thread, it probably would work much better if they had uploaded it on Google Drive or similar.

Edit: Downloading!!! Actually, the download works with normal speed. Very weird site.

Now it hangs at the file check after downloading the file... :cry: :hihi:

GaryG
KVRAF
5689 posts since 13 Jan, 2003 from Kent, UK

Post Wed May 16, 2018 12:02 pm

I'm just getting site taking too long to respond msgs... I'll keep trying for a bit.
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")

EnGee
KVRAF
4767 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from New Zealand

Post Wed May 16, 2018 5:04 pm

There is also $30 discount code inside the magazine for the full version of Thorn (I'm thinking of it :-o ).

There are many similarities in both sound and design between Thorn and Europa in Reason! But Thorn has a bigger more pleasant GUI to the eyes 8) I really should have bought Thorn when it had the intro price :smack:
It really sounds good, but anyway I have too many great synths and I can't stop thinking of other great synths :cry: I'm synthoholic :help:
Donate or bid in the "Call to Arms: Charity - 2nd Hand" and/or Visit the main auction here (Till 31st of October 2018).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.

ilmai
KVRist
264 posts since 25 Aug, 2016 from Helsinki, Finland

Post Tue May 22, 2018 6:34 am

Anyone else having problems with dropped notes? I have a strange problem in Bitwig, where only with Thorn, the first note under the cursor doesn't get played when you start playback. Moving the first note forward even by the tiniest amount fixes the issue. I would think it's an issue with Bitwig, but I can't replicate it with any other plugin.

Shandar
KVRist
142 posts since 19 Mar, 2004 from Italy

Post Tue May 22, 2018 8:35 am

ilmai wrote:Anyone else having problems with dropped notes? I have a strange problem in Bitwig, where only with Thorn, the first note under the cursor doesn't get played when you start playback. Moving the first note forward even by the tiniest amount fixes the issue. I would think it's an issue with Bitwig, but I can't replicate it with any other plugin.
Same here! I think something went wrong in one of the latest updates.

nordickvr
KVRian
918 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Post Tue May 22, 2018 10:22 am

Had it with Logic but Dmitry quickly fixed it.
As of May 11, v 1.0.7 was uploaded again.

ilmai
KVRist

Post Tue May 22, 2018 10:24 am

nordickvr wrote:Had it with Logic but Dmitry quickly fixed it.
As of May 11, v 1.0.7 was uploaded again.
Oh that's good to know! Would have been even better to know before :D

ilmai
KVRist

Post Tue May 22, 2018 10:29 am

Nope, re-downloaded and installed, still doesn't work. 64-bit VST2 on Windows.

Touch The Universe
KVRAF
3327 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Post Tue May 22, 2018 12:25 pm

Hey guys, I hope you don't mind a bit of soundset news. For those owning both DS Audio synths, grabbing my thorn soundset 'serene worlds' will also get you my diversion soundset 'serene horizon' for free. Nice chance to those owning both DS audio synths. Another soundset for Thorn is being planned for release soon :D Cheers.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101, Hive, Electra 2, Diversion, Halion, Largo, Rapid, Dune II, and Spire.
http://www.touch-the-universe.com/

Steve1974
KVRist
36 posts since 13 Sep, 2014 from Moscow, Russia

Post Wed May 23, 2018 12:21 pm

ilmai wrote:Anyone else having problems with dropped notes? I have a strange problem in Bitwig, where only with Thorn, the first note under the cursor doesn't get played when you start playback. Moving the first note forward even by the tiniest amount fixes the issue. I would think it's an issue with Bitwig, but I can't replicate it with any other plugin.
Same here. Reaper 5.80
Sorry for my bad English. I'm not a native speaker.

EnochLight
KVRian
964 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from Detroit, MI

Post Sat May 26, 2018 8:44 am

EnGee wrote:There is also $30 discount code inside the magazine for the full version of Thorn (I'm thinking of it :-o ).

There are many similarities in both sound and design between Thorn and Europa in Reason! But Thorn has a bigger more pleasant GUI to the eyes 8) I really should have bought Thorn when it had the intro price :smack:
It really sounds good, but anyway I have too many great synths and I can't stop thinking of other great synths :cry: I'm synthoholic :help:
I tried this, but the coupon - which is advertised as 30% off - is only coming up with around 25% off at checkout. Total bunk system.

The ad in Computer Music states 30% off, but then goes on to say it's $89 USD. But it retails at $119 USD, which means 30% off should be $83.30 USD. I know we're talking a mere $5.70 USD, but it should be offered at the 30% rate according to local retail laws where I'm from. :S
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10.2 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name

EnochLight
KVRian
964 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from Detroit, MI

Post Sat May 26, 2018 8:46 am

Joe CM wrote:Our CM257 issue (July 2018) is now on sale, featuring Thorn CM!
Your magazine states 30% off, but it retails at $119 USD. That should be $83.30 USD, not $89.
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10.2 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name

Return to “Instruments”