Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ARP Odyssey M1 MDE-X: Software Effects Suite Mono/Poly MS-20 Polysix Wavestation

egbert101 wrote:I wonder if the activation is recognized on the same PC that you activated before, like Arturia does with their Software Center.
No,you have to do online registration now.I had the old ones installed in offline mode

jugustaf wrote:Any noticeable difference between the old and the updated plugins, that is, any hearable difference?
DSP didn't change at all.

EvilDragon wrote:(Updates also contain some stability improvements, so why not go for it?)
:hihi:
EvilDragon wrote:OK wow, their installers are fckd up...
Anyway thanks for the heads up about the x64 location. I can point my DAWs to multiple .dll locations so not a huge deal but obviously it would be better to let the user decide what goes where on their system. I never would have thought to look in Program Files / VST Plugins for the x64 Korg plugins since I have nothing else in that folder other than the FL Studio VSTi which I never use. I have a custom VST folder outside of Program files.

I'll join the chorus of those who will wait for a more substantial update before installing on my studio computer. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

DJMaytag wrote:
zvenx wrote:
egbert101 wrote:I wonder if the activation is recognized on the same PC that you activated before, like Arturia does with their Software Center.

So basically I have to pay $49.99 to get the Korg Collection but with the ARP Odyssey... Hmm.
If you dn't want the odyssey the migration is free.
$50 is for the Odyssey in essence.
You somehow think this is unfair? Apologies if I am misreading you.
rsp
Indeed, there's really nothing new going from your old KLC to the new Korg Collection, except the authorization method (now a modern auth method, rather than their archaic old system).

If you want Odyssey, you can get it at ANYTIME for $49.99, versus the limited time intro price of $49.99. That's the only thing you have to pay for right now if you want Odyssey.
so $49.99 is the cheapest offer (for Odyssey), if you already have the Korg Legacy Collection, and you can take up that offer in, say, March 2018 if you like ?

Also, this 'migration' for the existing plugs .... is there some reason I should consider doing that now ? is that time limited some how ?

korguser.net will be shut down eventually. Do it before it's too late.

T-CM11 wrote:
ATN69 wrote:Anyone got the Arp Odyssey yet? ..any early reviews?
First thing I noticed is that the fonts aren't very sharp (2560x1440, 27").
Just got it - sounds good to me, but I can't compare to a real Arp Odyssey.
I like the modulation sequencer! Many targets, even the effects.
I caved in and bought it. It sounds nice regardless if it sounds genuine or not. The UI is good to. I hope they will fix the old synths as well. I hardly used them because the UI is too small for my old eyes, which is a pity. Sound is good though.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Well after letting GAS get the better of me and trying to encourage Korg to keep supporting the line, $50 later, I find Arp Odyssey underwhelming compared to my latest analog emulation favourites (cough cough Repro) and it seems to want to use even more cpu than Repro.

Oh well..... move away from the credit card Richard :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

EvilDragon wrote:korguser.net will be shut down eventually. Do it before it's too late.
At least open the account and get the coupon codes and save them.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:I hope they will fix the old synths as well. I hardly used them because the UI is too small for my old eyes, which is a pity. Sound is good though.

They will add better GUIs for old ones, eventually. They said so in the news. AAX support, too.

So I own M1, Wavestation, Polysix, MS-20,MDE-X, and Legacy Cell and the paid update to 64 bit and I don't qualify for a coupon for the Arp ? :?

I'm not seeing a way to purchase the Arp separately ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

What certainly has improved on my end with these updates though is the time the GUI takes to open in Nuendo on Windows 10.
Before there was quite a delay between creating an instance of M1 and Wavestation and it opening.
Now it is finally instantaneous.

rsp
sound sculptist

Teksonik wrote:So I own M1, Wavestation, Polysix, MS-20,MDE-X, and Legacy Cell and the paid update to 64 bit and I don't qualify for a coupon for the Arp ? :?

I don't think there is

https://korg.shop/software/korg-collect ... undle.html

and get the upgrade code from your korguser.net account.
rsp
sound sculptist

ere2learn wrote:No offline registration............
For the love of.... *profanity*

Teksonik wrote:So I own M1, Wavestation, Polysix, MS-20,MDE-X, and Legacy Cell and the paid update to 64 bit and I don't qualify for a coupon for the Arp ? :?

Is this what you mean?

https://korg.shop/software/korg-collect ... yssey.html

ATN69 wrote:

Is this what you mean?

https://korg.shop/software/korg-collect ... yssey.html
Didn't see that. But he should be able to get it for $49 from the link I had posted above.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”