New wavetable synth - Sektor by Initial Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sektor

I hope it is not sounding like Lethal- Lethal has 100s of sounds that all sound the same.

pdxindy wrote:it supports MPE
Oh nice. That alone might set it apart from the other wavetable synths.

There are 3 expansions with 95 sounds each at $25 each. I am wondering if they included in Signature edition or if they are different than the 200 extra sounds in Signature addition.

This GUI is very very nice. I like it a lot, especially the customizablity

I already have way to many WT synths and I just bought another recently with ANA so I'm reluctant to purchase this but I'm going to try it out for the heck of it.
Not going to lie. The MPE aspect is unique too.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

I tried it last night and it's a very capable synth.
I listened to a few presets but didn't like them. On install, I didn't appreciate the fact that all the contents (wavetables, samples,...) get automatically installed on the C:/ drive. So I deleted it all except the ini preset. It's great for me now!
The CPU usage is very good, you can modulate pretty much everything, you can define OSC settings like detune and spread per voice the arp/sequencer is very fun to use and the effects are alright.
I'm definitely spending more time with it.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Ghostwave wrote:I tried it last night and it's a very capable synth.
I listened to a few presets but didn't like them. On install, I didn't appreciate the fact that all the contents (wavetables, samples,...) get automatically installed on the C:/ drive. So I deleted it all except the ini preset. It's great for me now!
The CPU usage is very good, you can modulate pretty much everything, you can define OSC settings like detune and spread per voice the arp/sequencer is very fun to use and the effects are alright.
I'm definitely spending more time with it.
Cool. Sounds like an interesting synth.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Gave the demo a quick blast, didn't grab me as anything special.

yet another gadget to tempt you to dump whatever you use now :party:
Last edited by layzer on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

:zzz: Another wavetable synth
:borg:

If there were a coffee cup included I would‘ve bought it immediately! :dog:

layzer wrote:yet another gadjet to tempt you to dump whatever you use now :party:
So tell me, when are you selling your 4 hardware synths and your 4 hardware modules because all you need is free stuff to make music?

Hypocrite much?

V0RT3X wrote: :party: Another wavetable synth
I've fixed it for you.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

wagtunes wrote:
layzer wrote:yet another gadjet to tempt you to dump whatever you use now :party:
So tell me, when are you selling your 4 hardware synths and your 4 hardware modules because all you need is free stuff to make music?

Hypocrite much?
whats so hypocrite about owning hardware and freeware?
its not like i own 100 hardware synths and looking to get more.

stupid much?
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Hypocrite much?
whats so hypocrite about owning hardware and freeware?
its not like i own 100 hardware synths and looking to get more.

stupid much?
The hypocrisy is when you tell people they're wasting their money buying a soft synth when they can do the same thing with Synth1 and a reverb.

Do I need to find all your posts?

Point is, if you can do the same thing with a free synth and a reverb, why not sell all your hardware? You don't need it. You can do the same thing with Synth1 and a reverb.

layzer wrote:
stupid much?
That's not very Christian to my new pal Waggers. Come on, it's the holidays. :pray:

Return to “Instruments”