New wavetable synth - Sektor by Initial Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sektor

Sektor just got updated to v 1.3.4
Hey everyone,

we have just released a new update ( Version 1.3.4 ) for Sektor. The update fixes a bug that has been introduced with version 1.3.3 and optimizes the stability and performance of Sektor. Please log in at my account and download the update from the "my updates" tab.

The full version and demo version installers have been replaced as well, those that download the Sektor full/demo version will be up to date.

Thank you for all your feedback and patience. We highly apologize to those that had any issues with one of the recent versions.

sguyader wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:52 am Sektor just got updated to v 1.3.4
Hey everyone,

we have just released a new update ( Version 1.3.4 ) for Sektor. The update fixes a bug that has been introduced with version 1.3.3 and optimizes the stability and performance of Sektor. Please log in at my account and download the update from the "my updates" tab.

The full version and demo version installers have been replaced as well, those that download the Sektor full/demo version will be up to date.

Thank you for all your feedback and patience. We highly apologize to those that had any issues with one of the recent versions.
Awesome, thank you for the heads up!

bftucker wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:24 pm
9ice9 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:13 pm Colleagues, is it possible in this synthesizer to set the folder with the samples on another disk?
Update 1.3. Includes

"--Users can now move or install Sektors content to another harddrive instead of being forced to install all content to the main drive."
Thank you, downloaded the new version, everything turned out!

Left the PB offer too long in my inbox and missed out, but ADSR offered the same price; I just couldn't use my accumulated credits, obviously.

Super-stoked that we can shift the library to another partition or drive. Read this thread from page 1 specifically to learn whether or not the feature had been added, and all I needed to do was check the changelog under the "My Updates" tab. What a goose / goof I am. :hihi:

Thank you, IN, for continuing to support Sektor. The free-lifetime-updates "feature" doesn't mean a thing unless you do this, so well done!

I have just bought Sektor and I'm happy with this fine synth: Good sound, fast and intuitive workflow, beautiful GUI that can be customized and rescaled, lots of samples (most of them great) and wavetables, fine effects that can be reordered and it seems light on the CPU. I make my own sounds, so I will not comment on the presets.

A great thing about a synth that has wavetables is that you can loop through the waves in the tables but you can also just pick a single waveform in a wavetable and use that --- that really expands the potential of Sektor.

It does not replace any of my other synths, sound- or otherwise, it complements them, and that's the reason I bought it.

I really think I got a lot of synth for $49.

Same here. I find it so easy to get really hard*, harsh sounds from this, that work really well in the context of a mix, things that require a lot more effort in most of the other synths I have. I don't care that it uses wavetables and samples, I just care that it is very easy to work with and what comes out the other end is very usable and useful.

* Perfect for quoted out of context.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

The 1.3.5 update is quite small, so I suspect that they didn't go in and change presets that used the original LP filter to the newer ALP filter. Something to try out on some presets.

--------------

One thing that disappoints me a bit is that changing an LFO to OSC Mode takes away the Speed control.

I went into the Edit screen for 3 LFOs after setting them to OSC mode and reshaped them, then lowered 1 an octave for a custom sub, creating a basic analog style 3 Osc patch that way (um, yeah, using no WT Oscs, no Sample Osc, and no standard Sub Osc). (Destinations: Filter 1 input)

Being able to detune one of the LFO Oscs would have given the patch more depth. Perhaps a feature request.

Sektor has an annoying issue.. Trying to make psybass but mseg doesn't retrigger as fast.. Only the first 16th note retrigs and rest 2 doesn't.. I sent email to the dev but no matter how I tried to explain, he didn't understand and offered me a solution of "loop it". Yeah it may work but what if I want to retrig only once? :lol:

Their support does not accept bug reports. Mine is unsolved since version 1: MPE not working! They just ignore it and even don't bother to verify...

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:26 pm Their support does not accept bug reports. Mine is unsolved since version 1: MPE not working! They just ignore it and even don't bother to verify...
Did you ever get a reply? I can't get MPE to work with it either..

This synth is now at 72% off

It has been on sale since I got it a year ago

It's not a $129 synth, good thing it's less than that now, it has some nice features though, I quite like the sequenser, which is polyphonic and really easy to use, and use it now and then. HeatUp3 was a waste of money though, even on sale. At least I can use the sounds in Sektor, as a $100 sound pack

machinesworking wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:13 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:26 pm Their support does not accept bug reports. Mine is unsolved since version 1: MPE not working! They just ignore it and even don't bother to verify...
I never tried the Windows version, maybe it works there? Basically I gave up on it and their sales strategy doesn't make it sellable, maybe I should give it away as some sort of gift...
When I find time I will visit them, I live in Berlin...

Bought it and leave it...maybe there is something interesting i didn't discover for 10 minutes playing but there is so many more interesting synths out there,just for now can't justify the time with it :)

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:56 am
machinesworking wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:13 am
I never tried the Windows version, maybe it works there? Basically I gave up on it and their sales strategy doesn't make it sellable, maybe I should give it away as some sort of gift...
When I find time I will visit them, I live in Berlin...
I wrote them about this:
Hi MPE seems to not be working currently in v1.50 of Sektor, I've tried it with the Roli Seaboard Block and the Linnstrument. In Bitwig v4 and Digital Performer 11, pitch does not work correctly, and CC74 has stuttering etc. Is there any solution to this? I have MPE turned on in Sektor and set up correctly in Bitwig and DP, other MPE synths are working etc.
They replied within a day or so:
Hey,
thank you for your info, we will look into this.

kind regards
Clifford
So hopefully they do something, it pretty much acts like the MPE setting does nothing, or like monophonic MPE. I like the overall interface and sound of Sektor.

Return to “Instruments”