Roland JV-1080 finally, as virtual instrument!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Roland Cloud

tristan- wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:24 am To be frank? knowing Roland will probably put out the entire SRX catalog at some point of time, I wouldn't really care for a converter myself. If Roland does it I might load some old presets to check them out, probably finding out they're not super useful nowadays anyway. but my favorites were Multis anyways and those aren't supported. IMHO this is a too big undertaking for something which is not a real necessity as in the D50, DX7, M1, Wavestation which had a TON of 3rd party libraries and patches.
SRX cards were only for the XV/Fantom series + juno-g etc though iirc. So they won't be directly compatible with any JV emulation.

JV series used the sr-jv cards.

There are numerous infos on the net with the differences for the overall content of the different cards of different eras. (Not counting that the jv boards will sound more/less different on a Jedi, or a 880, or the latest units.)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:38 pmSRX cards were only for the XV/Fantom series + juno-g etc though iirc. So they won't be directly compatible with any JV emulation.
It seems you're not aware that the Roland Cloud "JV-1080" isn't really a JV-1080, but more of an XV-5080/Fantom (which is a better-sounding superset of the JV engine), and thus *does* support the SRX cards for the XV engine (not the *actual* hardware cards of course). Hence why there is an "SRX Expansion" range of plugins using the JV-1080 plugin's engine.

beely wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:55 pm
Lotuzia wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:38 pmSRX cards were only for the XV/Fantom series + juno-g etc though iirc. So they won't be directly compatible with any JV emulation.
It seems you're not aware that the Roland Cloud "JV-1080" isn't really a JV-1080, but more of an XV-5080/Fantom (which is a better-sounding superset of the JV engine), and thus *does* support the SRX cards for the XV engine (not the *actual* hardware cards of course). Hence why there is an "SRX Expansion" range of plugins using the JV-1080 plugin's engine.
Ok. You're right I wanst aware of this. :wink: If it's an XV then ... :shrug: Better sounding though ... well to each it's own.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Yes, it's a XV... However, it's almost a JV-1080.

I don't know how many free presets are available for the XV-5080, but I should have +- 10'000 presets in a folder.

I have a compilation of more 200 presets for the JV-1080, almost all are very distinctive of the factory presets, all are good or very good and a lot are excellent. That was my choice of favourite sounds downloaded on the FTP ftp.pacificrim.net... So, I don't know what are the sounds of my +-10'000 presets...

The main problem for a manual conversion is the number of parameters (more than 500 in a preset !), so it takes a lot of time for a preset. I will convert my absolute favorites, for sure.

Lotuzia wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:00 pm
Ok. You're right I wanst aware of this. :wink: If it's an XV then ... :shrug: Better sounding though ... well to each it's own.
I am really curious about why they named the plugin JV1080 (not that it is a big deal...). Just name recognition?

dtrt313 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:10 am
Lotuzia wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:00 pm
I am really curious about why they named the plugin JV1080 (not that it is a big deal...). Just name recognition?
It's obvious that the name JV-1080 is more appealing than XV-5080... and it's not fallacious, because except for 5 waveforms, the JV-1080 plug-in contains all the stuff of the JV-1080 expander.

But it would have been good that Roland integrates the XV-5080 presets in the JV-1080 plugin, because it contains all the waveforms needed and a majority of the effects.

The only negative point is the lack of sysex import, but it's an other story.

beely wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:55 pm It seems you're not aware that the Roland Cloud "JV-1080" isn't really a JV-1080
Glad I found you, beely! :)

I too quickly realized that the VST wasn't compatible with the JV-1080.

I have a real JV-1080 and I've converted quite a few patches manually now.
I'll be very happy to do any tests or comparisons for any converter that you might be working on (syx to bin).

Here're some videos I did on my JV-1080:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... WV5X8PDAy4

Btw I'm VERY thankful your D-50 syx/bin converter btw - GREAT work! - very much appreciated :)

Dakov wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:25 pmI have a real JV-1080 and I've converted quite a few patches manually now.
I'll be very happy to do any tests or comparisons for any converter that you might be working on (syx to bin).
Thanks - yep, when I get to that stage I'm intending on making it available in a pre-release stage to give a few interested parties like yourself a chance to try it out and make sure it's behaving, as this one is quite complex, and a few extra pairs of testing hands will be useful...
Dakov wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:25 pmBtw I'm VERY thankful your D-50 syx/bin converter btw - GREAT work! - very much appreciated :)
You're welcome! I'm actually quite surprised it's still being used so much, now the plugin directly imports sysex, but... :tu:

Windows 10 and too many plugins

I thought the JV-1080 was based off the JV-2080 sound engine, since that's what Roland admitted on their page.
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

The hardware jv2080 is based on the jv1080
It goes like this
1080--->2080--->xv3080/5080--->fantom--->integra 7

the software jv1080 is based on the xv5080
Better sounding filters , bigger mod matrix etc
I have an integra 7 , the internal pcm engine is the same as the xv5080 ,
I've created a patch on the jv1080 cloud keys version (srx 7expansion board ) and on my integra 7 ( pcm engine ) they sounded identical , exact same filter response etc...
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:22 am The hardware jv2080 is based on the jv1080
It goes like this
1080--->2080--->xv3080/5080--->fantom--->integra 7

the software jv1080 is based on the xv5080
Better sounding filters , bigger mod matrix etc
I have an integra 7 , the internal pcm engine is the same as the xv5080 ,
I've created a patch on the jv1080 cloud keys version (srx 7expansion board ) and on my integra 7 ( pcm engine ) they sounded identical , exact same filter response etc...
I meant that the software JV-1080 was based on the hardware 2080 according to the RC website but thanks.
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

Dakov wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:25 pm
beely wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:55 pm It seems you're not aware that the Roland Cloud "JV-1080" isn't really a JV-1080
Glad I found you, beely! :)

I too quickly realized that the VST wasn't compatible with the JV-1080.

I have a real JV-1080 and I've converted quite a few patches manually now.

Here're some videos I did on my JV-1080:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... WV5X8PDAy4

Btw I'm VERY thankful your D-50 syx/bin converter btw - GREAT work! - very much appreciated :)
Bravo !

What patches have you converted ?

zzz00m wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:23 pm https://youtu.be/X26UStpB40U
C'est incroyable
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Hey guys i lost track on those different jv1080 releases and have 2 lifetime licenses in my account. I chose d50 asap! But i also want to choose a jv1080.

But which one? Does it matter for maybe later bin/syx converter? And which jv1080 version has the best/most presets/waveforms?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”