Tranzistow/Diodow Programming, Display, And Other Tips

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The purpose of this thread is to share programming, display and other tips about Tranzistow and/or Diodow so that the members who are interested in these synths can benefit from them. It is not to complain about missing features or the developer as it's been made clear that these synths are AS IS.

To that end, I have just one request. If anybody decides that they need to come to this thread and complain about the dev or the synths, I ask that you simply ignore them. Yes, that's exactly what I'll be doing. Eventually, if we don't cater to them, they will go away from boredom.

Okay, so to start this off, I have reuploaded my library with the samples included.

It is critical that you follow installation of this library to the letter or the paths, which are now relative, will still not work. I'll try to do this with as little explanation as possible.

The factory patches work with the path samples\E0004 or whatever the wav file name is because the patches themselves are NOT in a subdirectory under DiodowPatches, which is essentially where everything is kept.

However, my patches are in a subfolder called wagsrfm that keeps them separate from the factory patches. Because of this, my subfolder is on the same directory level as the samples subfolder.

If you remember your DOS days, in order to go back a level, you needed to do this...

..\samples\

So, what I had to do with notepad was replace the hardcoded path with ..\samples\

Now, as long as you keep my patches in the wagsrfm folder (under DiodowPatches) and place my wav files ONLY in the samples folder already in DiodowPatches, it will work fine. If you place my samples folder in the samples folder already there, the paths will still be wrong. You must take the samples out of the folder in my zip file and place them in the samples folder already on your system.

I hope that is clear.

Here is the new archive.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mbce8gyg4mfq ... w.zip?dl=0

I will try to have videos of how to use Diodow in the near future. In the meantime, please feel free to share any tips you have, either for programming, screen design or whatever. I want to keep this thread as positive as possible. And I think if we just ignore those who want to complain about things that are out of our control, we can do that.

Let's make this a thread that KVR can be proud of.

Can we share our color tweaks here?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:Can we share our color tweaks here?
Absolutely. Please do.

Okay, gotta mention, in case someone bumps into this thread later this month and doesn't yet know, the One Synth Challenge for this February is for Diodow: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=499321 :)

(As this is a sample playback capable synth, note that using sample based patches with other than factory samples in them is off limits for entering the challenge. It's the de facto way the challenge handles sample capable synths, for example Thorn a while back. In other words, using all factory content is allowed in your entries, but using patches that play samples from outside that included sample pool isn't.)

wagtunes wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Can we share our color tweaks here?
Absolutely. Please do.
Cool. :wink:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

wagtunes wrote:However, my patches are in a subfolder called wagsrfm that keeps them separate from the factory patches. Because of this, my subfolder is on the same directory level as the samples subfolder.
Unfortunately TW/DW patch browsers don't support subfolders, so what I rather do is put sound designer initials as prefix and have them all at the root level of TranzistowPatches/DiodowPatches folder. In that case there's no need for ../ for sample paths.

By the way guys - for the Samples folder, have one in Tranzistow and just create a symlink for that folder that will alias it in DiodowPatches folder! Saves on duplication.

EvilDragon wrote:
wagtunes wrote:However, my patches are in a subfolder called wagsrfm that keeps them separate from the factory patches. Because of this, my subfolder is on the same directory level as the samples subfolder.
Unfortunately TW/DW patch browsers don't support subfolders, so what I rather do is put sound designer initials as prefix and have them all at the root level of TranzistowPatches/DiodowPatches folder. In that case there's no need for ../ for sample paths.

By the way guys - for the Samples folder, have one in Tranzistow and just create a symlink for that folder that will alias it in DiodowPatches folder! Saves on duplication.
Actually, they do but it's a little convoluted.

If you open the synth and load a factory patch through the browser, yes, you won't see any of the patches in my folder. The synth only displays patches on the level that you're at.

However, if you go to the load function and navigate to the wagsrfm folder and load a patch from there, upon going back to the patch browser, you will then see all the patches from the wagsrfm folder.

While I wanted to avoid doing this, if there are those who prefer to put my patches in with the factory patches, I will create another download that uses the samples\wav format. However, renaming 135 patches at this point with my initials is really not an option, so you won't be able to tell the factory patches from my own.

If anybody wants a different download, I'll provide it but the patch names will be unchanged.

It's pretty easy to multi-rename things in a jiffy, there are tools out there for that (I use Total Commander).

There's also this: https://www.advancedrenamer.com/

wagtunes wrote:However, renaming 135 patches at this point with my initials is really not an option, so you won't be able to tell the factory patches from my own.
I recommend using Total Commander for things like this as well. Doing batch renames in situations like this is very easy (select files, multi rename, add the change you wish to make across those multiple files, bam) -- and well, imo it rocks for file management duties otherwise too :D. So yeah, it's what I use over here for pretty much all file operations, including backing up the Diodow patches.

Guenon wrote:
wagtunes wrote:However, renaming 135 patches at this point with my initials is really not an option, so you won't be able to tell the factory patches from my own.
I recommend using Total Commander for things like this as well. Doing batch renames in situations like this is very easy (select files, multi rename, add the change you wish to make across those multiple files, bam) -- and well, imo it rocks for file management duties otherwise too :D. So yeah, it's what I use over here for pretty much all file operations, including backing up the Diodow patches.
I downloaded Total Commander but looking at these commands in multi rename, I have no idea what to put where.

** EDIT ** Figured it out
Last edited by wagtunes on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just a sec.

See in the upper left hand corner the "addthis" part? That's where you'll want to write the addition you wish to add in front of every filename :)

Basically, you have two fields, the name and the file extension (for a standard name looking like "filename.ext"). The default strings are [N] for the name part and [E] for the extension.

The other stuff is just for adding some automated strings. For example, if you want to add a counter in front of every filename, use [C][N] for the name part, and the default [E] for the extension. You can customize the counter in the upper right hand corner.

If you just want to add a constant string in front of every name, do as in the screenshot with the example "addthis" string. Note that you see a preview of the original name and new name in the window, make sure the new names look the way you want before actually renaming :)

wagtunes wrote:** EDIT ** Figured it out
Hah :P

Okay, for those of you who want to keep all your patches in the same place, I've created an archive where you can do just that. The file names all have WT in front of them to designate Wagtunes. They can go in the main patch folder and should work. Just extract them out of the wagsrfm folder after you unzip the archive.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cf1ygrxyj5f2g ... t.zip?dl=0

Let me know if there are any problems.

Return to “Instruments”