The VSTi That I Would Pay $1,000 For

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, here it is. Because of my frustrations with Vocaloid (all the criticisms) this is the VST that I would pay $1,000 for if somebody would make it.

Here's how it works.

You sing into a mic. The audio then goes through the VST and converts YOUR voice into any singer's voice you want it to sound like and perfectly on key. So, you could sound like Sinatra, Bon Jovi, Meatloaf, Cher, anybody you can think of.

The VST comes with a group of "stock" singers. Maybe 10 to start. And then, if you want, you can buy expansion packs.

The Pop Diva Pack
The Metal Heads Pack
The Prog Rock Pack
The Soul Pack

And so on.

Can you imagine the soul/R&B pack with Wonder, Stubbs, Gaye, Ross and Brown?

And all the vocals sounded 100% human. Absolutely could NOT tell them from the real thing because each note is produced by an actual human voice.

Yeah, I know. Crazy idea. Like I said, I'd pay mega bucks for something like this.

Anybody else?

I would set my copy permanently on the David Hasselhoff setting.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I hate the idea. Learn to sing yourself or simply accept you are not a (good) singer :wink:
Since singers and their vocals are still in the center of most music, I want singing to remain a skill that can't be automated and emulated with machines.

I would not want to live in that world.

i went the 40 a day route for that tom waits vibe.
sadly im shit at lyrics and piano.

"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

deastman wrote:I would set my copy permanently on the David Hasselhoff setting.
:hihi:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY

I'd pay an extra $200 for a Florence Foster Jenkins mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoGElIOB9tc

So basically a tool that would morph your own voice to sinatra and then snap it to a scale of your choise.

Or a vocaloid that would follow, instead of midi, the pitch and nuances of your voice? That would be fun.. You'd still have to learn to sing :hihi:

Hey Jennelle, what's wrong with Wolfie? I can hear him barking.
https://youtu.be/MT_u9Rurrqg

I kind of want to see this. Not to use it. But it would be an interesting social experiment where everyone is equal. At least in being able to produce a recording of singing.

Would actual singers go through the trouble of trying to prove they could sing? Even if they could (they can't if this thing is "perfect" as described), would it matter?

I don't think so. Especially when every other human activity is being replaced by AI and robots. We're talking worldwide social upheaval. The authenticity of an artist's talent is going to be way down the list of priorities.

Itll be available in the next 10 years maximum
Amazon: why not use an alternative

It already exists for spoken voice, as far as I can recall. I don't recall the name of the company however, but it exists. Perhaps not very easy to use, i.e. you can't just speak to it and expect your voice to be transformed to another one.
~stratum~

stratum wrote:It already exists for spoken voice, as far as I can recall. I don't recall the name of the company however, but it exists. Perhaps not very easy to use, i.e. you can't just speak to it and expect your voice to be transformed to another one.
Post a link to the VST version
Amazon: why not use an alternative

It was an article in BBC about a company producing voice transformation that was good enough to fool banking software that determines your identity based on your voice. Not a VST or anything like that.
~stratum~

Return to “Instruments”