Aurora FM - New Win(32/64) VSTi FM synthesizer - Introductory pricing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aurora FM

RyFi wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:13 am
  • New: Randomizing! The 1-10 slider controls the amount of parameters to be randomized and in some cases the extent of the possible randomization, and the Rand button does the randomizing.
Helll ... yes ! So few VSTis offer it but for me it's such a creative jump start - so thank you :tu: When will this update be available on the site ?

EDIT: Ah just seen although the link for 0.20 isn't linked yet, you can manually tweak the URL of the existing 0.19 version to nab it :wink:
Last edited by mcbpete on Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lovely Synth, I had to buy it.
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

This is probably one of the worst instrument GUI designs I've ever seen, in my 19 years of using computer software on the PC platform, let alone instrument based ones....and I've seen hundreds including those of the Rack Extension kind where real size limitations are imposed.

Trying to make this GUI better would be hell... It needs to be completely, redesigned from scratch IMOP.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:08 pm This is probably one of the worst instrument GUI designs I've ever seen, in my 19 years of using computer software on the PC platform, let alone instrument based ones....and I've seen hundreds including those of the Rack Extension kind where real size limitations are imposed.

Trying to make this GUI better would be hell... It needs to be completely, redesigned from scratch IMOP.
Cool story, bro!
Last edited by RyFi on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcbpete wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:06 am
RyFi wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:13 am
  • New: Randomizing! The 1-10 slider controls the amount of parameters to be randomized and in some cases the extent of the possible randomization, and the Rand button does the randomizing.
Helll ... yes ! So few VSTis offer it but for me it's such a creative jump start - so thank you :tu: When will this update be available on the site ?

EDIT: Ah just seen although the link for 0.20 isn't linked yet, you can manually tweak the URL of the existing 0.19 version to nab it :wink:
Naw, the new link is definitely there. Probably a browser caching issue? Hitting refresh should take care of it. But yeah, like you found, parsing my naming convention and hacking it isn't exactly difficult either.

And thanks! You're most welcome!

Stefken wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:05 am Nice to see you keep working on your synth.
This random function looks like a lot of fun.
Thanks. Yeah, it's a ton of fun.
bob swans wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:36 pm Lovely Synth, I had to buy it.
Thanks! :tu:
Last edited by RyFi on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:08 pm This is probably one of the worst instrument GUI designs I've ever seen, in my 19 years of using computer software on the PC platform, let alone instrument based ones....and I've seen hundreds including those of the Rack Extension kind where real size limitations are imposed.

Maybe not the prettiest, but it works and that sound :love:

RyFi wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:27 pm Cool story, bro!
I'm seriously not joking... I have a University degree in Interactive Multimedia, (which also included the understanding of colour theory, web design and interface development, besides the mountain of paperwork that involved) and have been designing and redesigning GUI's for over 10 years.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

You should be flattered. Usually it's only the big companies that get themselves an 'Edward'.
Now you have your very own - A HeadWood :smack:

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:38 pmI'm seriously not joking... I have a University degree in Interactive Multimedia
An HND isn't a degree mate.

There's a right way and a wrong way of making criticism, and yours was definitely the latter.

RyFi: Yep it was indeed a caching issue. F5-ing it brought the new link :)

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:38 pm
I'm seriously not joking... I have a University degree in Interactive Multimedia, (which also included the understanding of colour theory, web design and interface development, besides the mountain of paperwork that involved) and have been designing and redesigning GUI's for over 10 years.
Oh dear mr. da vinci , your gui creations/mockups aren't that mindblowing either .
Hey look I just made a buchla knob in blender
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Hey gang, long time no see...

I've got a few new things for ya:
  • Improved: Unison now works in monophonic mode.
  • New: Ability to lock parameters against changes when switching patches or randomizing. Can be quite handy. CTL+SHIFT+LMB on a parameter to toggle on/off.
  • New: Option to have voices stop or continue when changing patches/randomizing.
On top of that, I FINALLY wrote a tune, which I haven't done in AGES. Felt great, and I'm reasonably happy with it (aside from the just-okay mix, which was done on headphones (my monitors are packed away...)).

Nothing but 12 instances of Aurora FM and the usual EQ and compression.

It's at the top of the list in the Demos section - "Untitled (2019-04)". Feel free to check it out.

http://www.audionebula.ca

Cheerio!

Hi Ryan,
funny track. Thank you again for the update and information :o)

What are your plans for the future with AuroraFM and in general considering coding VSTs?

Have a great time.

Will there ever be a Mac version?

nichttuntun wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:12 am Hi Ryan,
funny track. Thank you again for the update and information :o)

What are your plans for the future with AuroraFM and in general considering coding VSTs?

Have a great time.
Thanks, dude. No specific plans, I'm afraid. There may be many more updates and features, there may be none, I really don't know. I'm actually USING my synth on a somewhat-regular basis for composing and sound design (as opposed to the years of development and testing to get it to that point), so if I run into any situations where I discover functionality that I'd like it to have that it's lacking, then I'll probably add that for my own sake and everyone can benefit. But I'm past the point of adding things on principle or idealism or personal challenges or for its market appeal, etc., because I've already sunken so much time and money into it that I'll never recoup. :? The unfortunate reality is that further time and costs spent developing new features are not going to pay off, and I'm sadly not in a position to keep going with that unsustainable situation.

It's something that I'll always have close to me though, for as long as I'm around, and I'm certainly not abandoning it. If/when I get the itch to add something to it just because I want to, then I will. But obviously that's all totally up in the air and not something that I can communicate with current or prospective users.

I've had a freelance gig developing a VST controller for a fellow's hardware unit, and I've been slowly adding to my personal library of audio routines for my projects, but there aren't any other plans for other commercial products... until, maybe, some day there are... Heh. I totally don't know! :ud:
Local Man wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:53 pm Will there ever be a Mac version?
No concrete plans. I'd LOVE to make a Mac version, but sadly it's totally unfeasible at present. It would be an expense that I'd never recoup. So unless someone can guarantee me 500 sales of a Mac version, I simply can't afford to sink the time and money into it out of the goodness of my heart and my idealistic desire to have the dozen or so interested Mac folks be able to enjoy my synth... :?

Return to “Instruments”