Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn

Thanks for pointing. :tu:

chk071 wrote:FileSilo is still not accessible though. :? For hours now.
Just tried it - it took a minute or so to load the home page, then each subsequent page ("Performing a TLS handshake")
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Not sure where to find this issue, as it doesn't come up when selecting 'Digital Cross-Platform' :neutral:

True, Zinio still seems to have the former issue.

DarkStar wrote:
Just tried it - it took a minute or so to load the home page, then each subsequent page ("Performing a TLS handshake")
I really wonder what's wrong with that damn site, seriously. Even uploading the files on a personal Google Drive account wouldn't cause such a quick overload. I bet it was the most inexpensive option available, and now they get what they paid for.

This has gotta be one of the best CM synths ever. Thanks to Dmitri & the guys at CM for making this possible. We live in great times to make music!

Sidenote... Filesilo really sucks
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote:This has gotta be one of the best CM synths ever. Thanks to Dmitri & the guys at CM for making this possible. We live in great times to make music!
After i was finally able to download it, and play around with it a bit now, i can only confirm this. I would even say the best, and richest featured CM synth now.

The CM video patches sounded very FM Clangy digital, is that the general sound of Thorn
Or can it do warm too.

I know it's practically free but just wondered ?

It surely is a bit more on the digital side. Sounds very crisp, clean, and hi-fi though. Only niggle (i already had with the full version) is that the sound gets quite muffled in the lower registers, which is, as far as i understood it, a necessary evil due to it's spectral nature.

chk071 wrote:
DarkStar wrote:
I really wonder what's wrong with that damn site, seriously. Even uploading the files on a personal Google Drive account wouldn't cause such a quick overload. I bet it was the most inexpensive option available, and now they get what they paid for.
Damn! Still has a problem?! I tried it yesterday night and was pissed off and left it and went to sleep! Today, and after more than 10 hours, it is still the same shit :x
filesilo.jpg
This might be the last time I buy a magazine online! :dog:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

What's funny is that it's really just the site which is so slow... the actual download maxed out my 50 MBit/s connection.

Are you looking to download the whole plugin pack, or just Thorn CM?

chk071 wrote:What's funny is that it's really just the site which is so slow... the actual download maxed out my 50 MBit/s connection.

Are you looking to download the whole plugin pack, or just Thorn CM?
Well, Thorn CM mainly and whatsoever I missed since last year issue!
Thanks for asking :)

THORN CM feels like complete synth,but i'm bit confused is it subtractive or additive synthesis - mix maybe ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r_m60A ... e=youtu.be

chk071 wrote:
Saukar30 wrote:This has gotta be one of the best CM synths ever. Thanks to Dmitri & the guys at CM for making this possible. We live in great times to make music!
After i was finally able to download it, and play around with it a bit now, i can only confirm this. I would even say the best, and richest featured CM synth now.
Agreed :party: :tu:

And yes, FileSilo is being painfully slow right now. We're investigating the problem.

Return to “Instruments”