KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

antic604 wrote:If Massive X is indeed coming, they should simply have a deal "buy Massive + Expansions now, get the X free when it comes out". Like iZotope is doing now with RX7 or how Ableton did last year for Live10.
'tis not the NI way. I can't remember a time when they've ever as much as hinted that a new product is coming out. They just appear, bolts from the NI blue. The only nearly-exception is when its been attached to a product release such as (I think) Kontakt 5.6 which wasn't ready for Komplete a couple of releases ago.

All companies treat this sort of thing very differently. Sample Magic like to start a countdown in Times Square 3 years before each release.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

antic604 wrote:
recursive one wrote:
antic604 wrote:Reading this blog post from NI I wouldn't hold my breath - the section about "Massive's future" talks about expansion packs...

https://blog.native-instruments.com/mas ... ts-future/

But I'd love to be surprised :D
I think it's no more than an advertisement for the preset packs they released in mid-August (some of them containing repackaged old presets), I hope it's not connected to "Massive X" whatever it will be. Accoridng to the leak, it is going to have its own separate "Massive X library"
I'm aware of that, but that'd be incredibly scummy if X was around the corner and they've not mentioned a word of it in the chapter about its FUTURE...

If Massive X is indeed coming, they should simply have a deal "buy Massive + Expansions now, get the X free when it comes out". Like iZotope is doing now with RX7 or how Ableton did last year for Live10.
Probably they just want to squeeze the last bit of money from Massive and its presets. This may make sense if Massive X is not going to be a preset-compatible upgrade for Massive (like Dune 1 and Dune 2).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:
antic604 wrote:Reading this blog post from NI I wouldn't hold my breath - the section about "Massive's future" talks about expansion packs...

https://blog.native-instruments.com/mas ... ts-future/

But I'd love to be surprised :D
I think it's no more than an advertisement for the preset packs they released in mid-August (some of them containing repackaged old presets), I hope it's not connected to "Massive X" whatever it will be. Accoridng to the leak, it is going to have its own separate "Massive X library"
Not some of them, there is one Massive Expansion that is made up out of preset from older (Maschine) Expansions, and it's clearly stated on the product page. The other two are brand new presets :tu:

mickbenjamins wrote:Not some of them, there is one Massive Expansion that is made up out of preset from older (Maschine) Expansions, and it's clearly stated on the product page. The other two are brand new presets :tu:
1 of the three = "some"
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote:
mickbenjamins wrote:Not some of them, there is one Massive Expansion that is made up out of preset from older (Maschine) Expansions, and it's clearly stated on the product page. The other two are brand new presets :tu:
1 of the three = "some"
If you define some as 'an unspecified amount or number of', then sure.

To me, some is 'more than one', but maybe that's because I'm not a native English speaker

Seems like Komplete 12 announcement is imminent. Most probably tomorrow. I am checking NI website like every hour even though I don't intend to update/upgrade from Komplete 11 just yet. :hihi:

I'd wager that at least half the people reading this thread are waiting for next year's Summer of Sound before picking it up anyway.

mutantdog wrote:I'd wager that at least half the people reading this thread are waiting for next year's Summer of Sound before picking it up anyway.
How did you know? :o

LoveEnigma18 wrote:Seems like Komplete 12 announcement is imminent. Most probably tomorrow. :
Why?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
LoveEnigma18 wrote:Seems like Komplete 12 announcement is imminent. Most probably tomorrow. :
Why?
Based on the recent sales and familiar patterns related to website, it seems that the stage is set for something big, which should be Komplete 12. I think NI mostly announces Komplete early September. In fact, I will be surprised if there is no big announcement in this week.

martinjuenke wrote:
mutantdog wrote:I'd wager that at least half the people reading this thread are waiting for next year's Summer of Sound before picking it up anyway.
No need to wait for the next Summer of Sound. The 50% off sale (Thanksgiving?) happens somewhere in November/December too if I remember correctly.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Why?

thursday
thors day
its obvious!

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
No need to wait for the next Summer of Sound. The 50% off sale (Thanksgiving?) happens somewhere in November/December too if I remember correctly.
I think that sale is for the full versions of products, and not upgrades or updates.

jsp1979 wrote:
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
I think that sale is for the full versions of products, and not upgrades or updates.
Ah, you are probably right. I think updates are included, but only for individual products and not Komplete bundles.

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
Ah, you are probably right. I think updates are included, but only for individual products and not Komplete bundles.
There is usually a sale for upgrades, but only in the summer AFTER the launch, which means more or less one year after.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”