One Synth Challenge #115: Seismic by Syntonica (L-Ectrobit Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Seismic

I'm having fun with the updated version of Seismic and Bitwig 2.5b5. The very cool thing about Bitwig is that it loads Plug-ins in a seperate container. I was bothered by just two "crashes notifications" today. All that is required to go on with making music is to confirm "Load crashed plug-ins". Well done #Bitwig!

Of course Reaperites can load the plugin in its own container too … so you only crash the plugin.

I have updated my track thus: Lots of re-EQ-ing … and added 2 harmonies to the melody along the way. Lots of automation to meld those harmonies into the main theme and "bulk out" the melody "instrument".

Hope you like the changes - I'll repost it to keep it "current" (hope that's OK?)

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/seismic-shift

syntonica wrote:Have y'all installed the latest version posted last Friday night? The only extant bug should be with Windows Live and apparently, the issue lies with Live and I need to make a workaround. Remember just to unzip the folder and use as is. Do not move anything around inside.
I am using whatever version was available 2 nights ago when I DL'd it from the original link. Is that the old version?
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

] Peter:H [ wrote:I'm having fun with the updated version of Seismic and Bitwig 2.5b5. The very cool thing about Bitwig is that it loads Plug-ins in a seperate container. I was bothered by just two "crashes notifications" today. All that is required to go on with making music is to confirm "Load crashed plug-ins". Well done #Bitwig!
Well FLstudio has something similar. When plugin crash FLstudio disable it without crashing and report in instance that it was disabled. But it doesn't help because if I reload this instance, it crash DAW. If I not reload it no sound since it is disabled. So it is only help if you wish to save project, score or something.

I used many free plugins and some commercial and never have that many crashes over the years I have in one hour of playing with this one. So Seismic doesn't like me and my computer :hihi: . Too bad since it was looking interesting even in first 10 minutes I was confused how to get any sound out of this. :lol:

The latest version should be reporting as v1.3.1.

Sorry about the Windows issues, guys. These are the first reports I've received since I posted v1.3 back in May. If you can, run seismic in a sandbox, like use the 32-bit version in a bridge. I know Reaper and FL will do this automatically. I'm not sure of how other hosts work.

Regarding the Live issue, I think I know how to fix the issue, but it will be awhile before I can get to it. Still need to do more research on the issue and how windowing works in Windows.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Thanks to the developer (Syntonica) for your help trying to fix the problems. :tu:

In my case (Cakewalk by BandLab, Windows 10 - 64bit), with the older version of Seismic only had one issue. Just to name the presets. It was possible to name the presets typing with the computer keyboard but only writing slowly and maybe rewriting the capital letters. Also, it made an annoying alert sound with the press of each key (like notification sounds). The rest all fine.

The past friday I installed the new version (1.3.1) and I notice at least two problems. The most important, the change of the sound of the presets that I had created. And not for best. The second problem, when I tried to change the size of the UI to 125% it appeared distorted and cutted.

So I uninstalled the new version and reinstalled the old, and all is fine again (with the typing issues of course). So I'll stick with the older version. 8)

I think I may just have to go Juce... :cry:

There's just too much going on with all the different DAWs out there and their own peccadillos. Hopefully, Juce will let me keep my stylish GUI.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Do we click somewhere to check the version? I must have the new one because I noticed the gui resize issue as well.

I tried bridging and still crashing :/

Hopefully Juce helps...looking forward to the Seismic ground up recoded update this evening! :D

TheNeverScene wrote:
Hopefully Juce helps...looking forward to the Seismic ground up recoded update this evening! :D
The version is right there in the middle, in Deep Red. Make sure there's no cyan tool tip showing.

The BIG problem with Juce is that I'm not paying for it. The free version makes you use a splash screen (which I find zero graphic for on the net to see how big and annoying it might be, or if I can modify it so it has my logo on top), which isn't the end of the world. If Seismic crashes, I can then blame it on them. ;)

The big annoyance is that you have to allow it to send anonymous Google Analytics data, basically putting a spy in the user's house. Way not cool, despite any anonymity involved. It doesn't make me want to download and use my plugin.

The actual coding would probably be plug and pray. I have a couple of different graphics engine versions running around (mac, pc, openGL) that would fit into their API quite quickly and easily!

Ah thanks, 1.3.1... really had to get up close to see that!

Carl_saved wrote:Thanks for the update! For my problem with the A/R, nothing changed though. It might be caused by my setup so the MWE does behave as expected on other setups. Its not too bad though, I just avoid the issue :D
I'm sorry, I lied there. Just realized that I was still using v1.3.0 ... my smart browser must have thought: I know this file! No need to download it AGAIN :lol:
So, the A/R issue seems to be fixed indeed. BUT the sound of the plugin has changed in such a way that it is not compatible with my progress so far. Thus, I'm going to stick with v1.3.0 which runs stably on my setup.

Using 3.1.0 too - only the occasional crash so will stick with it in a separate Reaper process.

dB

syntonica wrote:
TheNeverScene wrote:send anonymous Google Analytics data
I'm glad my studio computer has no Internet connection...

TrojakEW wrote:After spending about hour and playing with synth I found that it crash a lot for me. Quite randomly while creating preset. FLstudio report crash and disabled plugin. Sometimes after reload it crash whole FLstudio (version 12.5.1 win 7).

Some findings during that time:
Longer decay setting (above 1s) cause instance to go completely silent. Need to set it back to zero and it again work. Scaling UI not wotk since it doesn't change window size properly, so with 150% setting I see only about half of plugin. Values in original size are hard to read.

So too much random crashes means no way to make something like that. So I have to skip this one. :scared:
Well, I have same issues and this crashing is somehow related to pitch modulation (it happens only to drums). At least it stopped crashing the whole DAW on plugin reload when I finally upgraded to FL 20, so I need only to reload my drum rack made in Patcher.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

--- SUBMISSION POST ---
Our sensor equippment has been updated - we're now able to record seismic data for about 5 minutes.
We still see the indicators in seismic activities that indicate that something is going on.
People should prepare for a major erruption that may take place soon.

https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/vibr ... s-inc-vsti

Submission
29 Seismic erruptions
7 Bitwig Reverb
2 Bitwig Compressor
12 Bitwig 2-Delay
2 Bitwig 1-Delay
2 Bitwig Blur
7 Bitwig Tool
7 Bitweig EQ-5
1 Bitwig Dynamics

1 BlueArp
2 MTremolo
4 MCompressor
1 MEqualizer

Hope for those of you that are merely interested into figures and keep me counting, this is enough material... ;-)

BR
] Peter:H [
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”