Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, BIG beta 42 for Windows is ready. Once things are working good I will work on the MAC version too. :cool:

So, I'm starting the big port to a shared folder for ALL the Wusik product line. :hyper: I'm starting the tests here on EVE. So it will work only on this EVE Beta for now.

Download and install WIN_Wusik_Shared_Files__NoSounds.zip this will create the shared folder and put some required files there. Move sounds into "Share Folder/SoundSets", I'm also preparing the complete sound collection (16 Gig) that ALL products will use, including EVE. No point on dividing things for each product as they can all benefit from this library.

Now download WIN_WUSIK_EVE_V5_BETA_42_Data.zip this is the set of exclusive EVE data files, those are not for the shared folder, but for Wusik EVE V5 Data folder instead. I will make an installer later today or tomorrow.

Once that's done, you can use the new WIN_WUSIK_EVE_V5_BETA_42_Plugins.zip

I also fixed the something-changed-no-preset-not-saved-warning. ;-) And also improved extra folders in the tree-view (file browser).

If you want to add an external TUN (Microtuning) folder, just add as an extra folder. Click on options and on Manage Extra Folders.

Cheers, WilliamK

I forgot to add, the idea of the Shared Folder is to hold:

1) All SoundSets
2) VSTs
3) Custom Filters
4) Custom Effects

You can still have a SoundSets folder in each product DATA folder, but those will only show to the corresponding product. It will show as "SoundSets (internal)".

So you can merge all products sounds into the "Wusik Shared Folder/SoundSets" folder. Or use the new 16 Gig Shared Installer I'm preparing. ;-)

Cheers, WilliamK

I had to do a quick update, uploaded beta 44. Also uploaded the BIG 16 Gig shared installer. But please, test the smaller __noSounds version too? Thanks guys!

Cheers, WilliamK

noSounds application works well both to default location or custom.

I'm confused on the sounset internal versus soundset, why it is needed and how to eliminate one branch if everything is already moved to a designated folder. I've moved around things so the products are not connected but get a duplication of the entries in both fields. Doesn't hinder anything, just another tree of what is the same thing.

Thanks for adding 3 extra third party file location options. Big help.

Got the strange occasional hung sound problem down to one way to duplicate. Under presets, choose multi and the Multi Preset Test. Analog voices comes up with a couple effects. Remove the effects and the effects are still there. Remove the sound and the sound is still there even if the channel volume sliders are down all the way. Another sound can be added to the slot but Analog voices remains. Sorry (again) if this is just something I'm not understanding about the way things are set up.

John K

I will check your bug report. As for double stuff, did you remove the SoundSets folder from Wusik EVE V5 Data? Otherwise it will should duplicated.

Cheers, WilliamK

Ah, when you load the Multi Preset Test it loads multiple instances, see the Multi Preset menu. ;-) I will update the manual this week on how to use Multi Presets... :oops:

And as for why I kept the old SoundSets location is to show to the user that he can delete it or if for any reason he wants to have separated sound files for each product there is a way. :cool:

Cheers, WilliamK

Thanks William,

Will try to wrap what's left of my head around this.

Cheers,
John k

(edit) Worked well to remove duplicated entries. Thank you again

In the new shared stuff there is a Custom Filters folder, but in the new Wusik EVE V5 Data folder there is another Custom Filters folder (containing different files)...is this intended?

Yeah, since eve uses a different format. I will put all this in the next manual update. TXS for testing.

Anyone tested the 16gig file?

Cheers

EVE 5 not finding custom FX.
'TUN Files' appears in browser but opens to nothing... even though in shared folder is "TUN Files/ Equal Temperaments TUN Files/....and all the .tun files.
[Edit: the following problem solved..see post further on]...I put my AOS soundsets folder in Shared Data/ Soundsets but AOS presets can't find files.
Last edited by goldglob on Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Everything is working fine here, so far. Just a question. I have the option to Save a Multi, but not the option to LOAD a Multi. How do I load a previous saved Multi? IMO it should appear as a Browser option, as Save is.

EDIT: I uninstantiated and reloaded EVE, and now the Multi appears in the Presets list. Anyway, I would like to have an option to load it from the Browser too.

I am "upgrading" the Shared folder with the ALL soundsets content now. Look forward to the update for the other instruments. This is a good move, IMO
Last edited by fmr on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

goldglob wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:42 am I put my AOS soundsets folder in Shared Data/ Soundsets but AOS presets can't find files.
Strange. Over here, everything is working fine. Are you sure the "Shared Data" Soundsets folder has a folder called AOS? Also, did you delete the old EVE Data folder and replaced it with the new EVE Data folder?

The NoSounds installer doesn't install any folder except a folder called "waveforms". What I did was a copying the contents from EVE Data Soundsets folder into the new Shared Data Soundsets folder, and delete the old one. It is working fine.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:24 am
goldglob wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:42 am I put my AOS soundsets folder in Shared Data/ Soundsets but AOS presets can't find files.
Strange. Over here, everything is working fine. Are you sure the "Shared Data" Soundsets folder has a folder called AOS? Also, did you delete the old EVE Data folder and replaced it with the new EVE Data folder?

The NoSounds installer doesn't install any folder except a folder called "waveforms". What I did was a copying the contents from EVE Data Soundsets folder into the new Shared Data Soundsets folder, and delete the old one. It is working fine.
Yes, I had copied the AOS folder over but I've found the problem...the AOS folder I copied was from the Wusik One download...the files inside this are the new .WusikSound.gz format whereas the files inside the AOS folder included with the original EVE 5 download are just .WusikSound (as are the ones in the Work Station V9 download). I just copied the latter over and now it works.

I don't use .gz, are you sure you didn't compress the files by accident?

Wk

Agggghhhh, the files on the server are in .gz format, not sure how this happened. :dog: Anyway, the new BIG download should not be like that, I will check now... Thanks for reporting. :hug:

Cheers, WilliamK

Return to “Instruments”