Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

Not at all! I meant clean as in no nasty artifacts despite pretty intense modulations.

Guys you remember that it's a synth not sample library right? The outcome of the synth depends on your skills and imagination which if you have them then you can do much more than what demo shows.
I know that demos sounds like were made in 2009 but few seconds of those videos is not enough to judge Massive X. Beside that most of the music today is not original and sound design is the same like 10 years ago so it's not only the issue with the demo :wink:

I get what everyone is saying about dont judge it yet. However, these teasers didnt do them any justice. I would have waited. Released videos of full patches, modulations, and stuff like that to really show off what it can do. I say this because they got some heat for delaying it, and these teasers make it "seem" that it just does exactly what every other synth can do. I get that its just the oscillators, but I hope y'all get what Im sayin. I would have been a bit more strategic with the videos

vertibration wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:53 am I get what everyone is saying about dont judge it yet. However, these teasers didnt do them any justice. I would have waited. Released videos of full patches, modulations, and stuff like that to really show off what it can do. I say this because they got some heat for delaying it, and these teasers make it "seem" that it just does exactly what every other synth can do. I get that its just the oscillators, but I hope y'all get what Im sayin. I would have been a bit more strategic with the videos
I have to agree. That was a pretty stupid and worthless video.

I was curious about the release of these videos. NI products are generally REALLY good, so I expect this product to be another great release. But I dunno why they didn't give a broader stroke in these videos for sure.

It's just two short videos for the blog. No idea why some of you guys don't seem to realize that. They are not meant as "stand alone" videos but rather as extra material for the blog. :shrug:

Also, I thought it sounded spectacular! It's really clean/fluid sounding considering the modulation that was going on. I can already imagine the types of complex slowly evolving "space pads" I can make with this thing.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Also want to chime in that the videos are "unlisted" on NI's youtube channel so they don't really have there "marketing" caps on just yet, just something to share with the type of people reading these threads, I'd imagine :D I'm happy to finally hear something. About the gorilla osc, the sound might be pretty impressive if it was a sine wave that turned into that sound...
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:04 pm Note how clean everything sounds!
Yeah that was the first thing that struck me. Also, even with YouTube compression and the somewhat barky dubstep demo, the top end was respectable. Look forward to hearing more of it.

MassiveX is sounding good so far. Aliasing appears to be a non issue. Hopefully hi res filter sweeps are nice and smooth, too.

To people complaining about wub wub and acid demos you are looking this from a bit narrow minded perspective.

Creating well designed wub wub isnt enough to just sweep the wavetable, it involves much more to it to if you want to have edgy almost complete (or complete) sounding wub. To pull this off without the external post processing effects is actually quite impressive. And you dont get those distortion artifacts you have to deal with.

Same with the acid demo, all the synths that have acid presets play around with filter cutoff and resonance modulation and here its only wavetable.

Seeing that im looking forward to this new Massive X

Honestly this is the most impressive part so far.
The first thing you spot is the radically overhauled interface. Some people here have said it looks clearer (helped even more by the introduction of a resize option),
Hopefully NI fix Absynth and the rest of their line up before 2025.

The wub wub in the video didn't come from a wavetable, but a static triangle that is going through a sort of oscillator mode (gorilla) or fx (similar to osc fx in zebra or rapid). That is my guess from reading the description of the osc.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe - Eh? It says in the video’s own text that it is one wavetable and no effects, used in Standard Mode.

???
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Touch The Universe wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:26 am The wub wub in the video didn't come from a wavetable, but a static triangle that is going through a sort of oscillator mode (gorilla) or fx (similar to osc fx in zebra or rapid). That is my guess from reading the description of the osc.
This is 'Standard Mode' with simple automation of Phase Mod.

On this picture is 'Gorilla' Mode: Image

I'm confused now, but admit I didn't look/read too closely into this, apologies.

Edit * Okay, it's my bad, I thought the video was showcasing the gorilla mode, but that isn't the case. Indeed, that is a wave table and not osc fx achieving that sound. :oops:

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”