Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:24 pm
bmanic wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:33 pmQuestion: Are there any plans for Surge 2.0 to get some kind of Modulation "mapping" capabilities? Would it be possible in the future to be able to sacrifice some of the SLFO's into a "mapping" module where one would get extremely granular control over exactly how a modulation signal is distributed to a target?

Basically the only thing I'm missing now in Surge, to perfectly fine tune playability and responsiveness is something like the Mod Mapper in Alchemy or the functions thing in Pigments. This would be extremely handy for velocity and keyboard range modulation sources, to be able to get exactly the response you want from delicate and sensitive things (like feedback, which depending on settings can be extremely finnicky and very note/pitch dependent).
Modmappers and modmixers are as Paul said planned for next year, along with a GUI overhaul.

Currently you can actually fake a modmapper by using an MSEG and by setting the LFO rate to disabled mode, then modulating the phase of that LFO with your wanted modulation source, and then modulating your target with that MSEG instead.
Awesome to hear!

Also thanks for the super clever trick with the MSEG! This is very cool!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

baconpaul wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:49 pm What daw do you use on your M1? Are you getting any ui resize problems? Would love to know if you are and if you are using Logic and it all works what’s your exact logic and os version?

Thanks!!
Sorry, I'm running it on Reaper native ARM version. But I do have a license for Logic too so I'll check it out there and see if there are any issues.

In Reaper I am using 150% zoom and it works perfectly, no issues so far.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Same here... Resizing doesn't work... Zoom works
(Linux, Reaper and Bitwig)

Which skin? Royal Surge skin does not support resizing by dragging the bottom right edge of the plugin window (since it only has fixed zoom levels, so any in-between sizes would look quite gnarly).

in Bitwig (3.3.7) none

in Reaper, yes classic and dark work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sounds like a possible Bitwig issue then? In Bitwig 3.3.1 over here it works just fine.

I was on 3.3.1 too with the same issue..that's why I updated to 3.3.7 are you on linux too ?

Nope W10.

Clem4 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:11 pm I was on 3.3.1 too with the same issue..that's why I updated to 3.3.7 are you on linux too ?
(edit) oh ignore this i see now.

I hope that a more usable form of sample reading will be implemented in the next version 2.0. Currently you can use one-shot samples in Wavetables mode but the quality of the interpolation is really low.

That is not in our milestone for Surge XT 1.0. It is currently unscheduled.

We also want to start taking care of Shortcircuit XT... eventually.

Nice
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

ShortCircuit! :party:

I used v1 of SC for many years and preferred it to v2. I love how streamlined the GUI is, in v1 especially, for such an incredibly capable sampler. What they've done to Surge is just incredible, so I'm sure I'm gonna like the ShortCircuit, too! :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Indeed some of the UI things in SC1 were done better, but also SC2 was never really finished. But it will be. :D

I remember looking forward to that many moons ago
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Return to “Instruments”