Looking for dark and warm piano

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking for recommendations for a dark and warm sounding piano. Doesn't matter if it's sample or vst. Mac compatible if possible.

Look into Soundiron Emotional Piano.
You are currently reading my signature.

Thanks!

Look into Steinway D samples if you want dark sound but if you want bright piano sound, look into Italian pianos.

I like Death Piano from production voices - sfz

Imperfect Samples - Braunschweig Upright Piano
http://www.imperfectsamples.com/website ... tpiano.php

Dark, warm and full of character.

any piano, really....even OnePingOnly can sound dark and warm with processing.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

You could install the Spitfire Labs plugin and then go to this website and scroll down to Soft Piano to add to the library (free):

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/labs/

At the moment my favorite is the new Ant. Petrof 275 model for Pianoteq 6.3 (i got the Pianoteq 6 Stage version).

Recently i posted 126 audio demos of this and 6 other pianos in another thread with a bigger update found at the end of this page:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=500934&p=7185160#p7185160
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

layzer wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:27 am any piano, really....even OnePingOnly can sound dark and warm with processing.
Yea, but it cant sound much like a warm piano.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Sparky77 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:01 am
layzer wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:27 am any piano, really....even OnePingOnly can sound dark and warm with processing.
Yea, but it cant sound much like a warm piano.
maybe not OPO, but just about any piano can with processing.

A shit piano is going to sound like a shit piano even with processing. It's always best to get something that is closest to the sound you're looking for at its source without processing than getting something that doesn't sound like what you want and expecting to get there with processing.
You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:51 am A shit piano is going to sound like a shit piano even with processing. It's always best to get something that is closest to the sound you're looking for at its source without processing than getting something that doesn't sound like what you want and expecting to get there with processing.
yeah well, it depends on what sound you are after... a dark and warm piano sound usually means not very much high end sizzle from a high end mic, so even a shit piano would suffice when a LP filter is applied along with plenty of reverb.

onerob wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:55 pm You could install the Spitfire Labs plugin and then go to this website and scroll down to Soft Piano to add to the library (free):

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/labs/
This is the best sounding piano plugin i've ever used, but i'm not really into 'normal' piano sounds. i'm a big fan of Nils Frahm's 'Felt' album and desperately craved this sound, as well as the tones on the 'Still' record by NIN. It's specific, but absolutely gorgeous. i can't recommend it enough. And it's free.

Return to “Instruments”