One Synth Challenge #118: Elek7ro & Noisemaker (rghvdberg Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Elek7ro TAL-NoiseMaker

Fantastic - 3h17m playlist this month! That's the largest OSC by some margin for me so far.

I had fun reading your submission comments this evening. Always lots of different takes, challenges, displays of insecurities and pride - but I see so many things that we share as creators, which is just generally heartening to me. Now, to the earbuds!
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

schiing wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:51 pm Now, to the earbuds!
:vomit face: at least give decency of headphones! ;)

z.prime wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:54 pm
schiing wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:51 pm Now, to the earbuds!
:vomit face: at least give decency of headphones! ;)
Of course I will!! My ears are anatomically incompatible with earbuds - I just thought it worked better as a turn of phrase - I should've seen that one coming! :lol:
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Voted!

As many of the tracks were from genres that I don't normally listen to (or have very limited/no knowledge about), gave importance for overall composition (mainly melodic aspects) /structure (flow or story telling) /mix (how coherent the track sounded to my ears) and lastly but not the least, Sound design, while rating. Three tracks in particular, stood out for me.

As always enjoyed participating in yet another OSC, hope to be part of another OSC in the near future (Tracktion's Waverzor UI is too complex for my pea sized brain to work on). :ud:

Cheers :tu:
Last edited by baalisoda on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

schiing wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:59 pm...I should've seen that one coming! :lol:
YERP! Kidding of course... But not really. :)

baalisoda wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:02 pmTracktion's Waverzor UI is too complex for my pea sized brain to work on
Don't worry m8. It's really just that the synth has an absolutely terrible UI. I've been railing on it in the slack forum... I made a bit of fun of Waverazor initially when I saw it, but I've come to understand it was totally warranted, as the thing makes absolutely no sense and completely doesn't work...

Whoa 49 tracks? Nice. This takes time to listen, comment and vote. I will like to know what makes some rounds more interesting in order to participate? It is because of selected synth or time or both? Or it is something else?

Some how my submision was not added to the competition?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=515776&start=165

TrojakEW wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:42 am Whoa 49 tracks? Nice. This takes time to listen, comment and vote. I will like to know what makes some rounds more interesting in order to participate?
I think the combination of NoiseMaker being a stellar plugin, free or not, relative simple interface with crazy sound design capabilities, ultra stable cross platform performance, as well as allowing folks to use commercial FX were all big factors. I was really bummed I didn’t get to it last month bc i love these simpler plugins, and was impressed with the sound.

mmGhost wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:19 pm
TrojakEW wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:42 am Whoa 49 tracks? Nice. This takes time to listen, comment and vote. I will like to know what makes some rounds more interesting in order to participate?
I think the combination of NoiseMaker being a stellar plugin, free or not, relative simple interface with crazy sound design capabilities, ultra stable cross platform performance, as well as allowing folks to use commercial FX were all big factors. I was really bummed I didn’t get to it last month bc i love these simpler plugins, and was impressed with the sound.
mmghost -- if you like simple plugins you def have to try waverazor.....

ontrackp wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:55 ammmghost -- if you like simple plugins you def have to try waverazor.....
omg dude - i wish you all the best of luck with that piece of kit ;)

@ontrackp Here's a helpful video about Waverazor. https://youtu.be/pEM-OOzfqDM

mmGhost wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:49 am
ontrackp wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:55 ammmghost -- if you like simple plugins you def have to try waverazor.....
+1

I will skip this one since from watching the videos it doesn't look any interesting to me. I can design transformer hum in any free synth out there. :P

Voted.

TrojakEW wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:31 am
mmGhost wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:49 am
+1
I will skip this one since from watching the videos it doesn't look any interesting to me. I can design transformer hum in any free synth out there. :P
LOL! You know this format is called One Synth Challenge. If you remember Diodow or the green mean machine, or noisetar...nobody complained as far as I remember, many of us were proud to take the challenge back then. What's wrong now?
I would recommend to go thru the presets and probably think outside the box...it`s not a "one song challenge"...think of block buster scify movie sound collage...I recently got some inspiration by listening to subnautica "score"(the game).
Anyway - have fun.

Return to “Instruments”