SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

@DrumAddict I understand what you mean now, there were base optimizations done but any further optimizations while using loaded instruments would indeed be handled by the settings as you point out. I also understand that ST4 has a larger footprint than ST3 and unfortunately at this time that is the smallest footprint available with the current optimizations. The team will continue to look at the resource usage and make any changes they can going forward as I've relayed this information to them. I do suggest replying to your support ticket about the other issue that was not fixed for you as there may be something different going on specifically with you or at least outside of the posted fix's changes so they can troubleshoot and get that working for you.

@Bippo - I understand you are making a request but IK Support is willing to continue to assist you if you choose to do so as well. I've relayed your recent posts here and it does seem like something that they'd need to work with specifically and directly with you to resolve as it doesn't seem like a global issue is causing yours. The choice is yours, of course, but they are most definitely willing to continue to work toward resolving this issue for you. If you'd like to forward any pertinent ticket number(s) and pertinent information to me, I'm also happy to help in any way I can.

Thanks!

IK support just basically told me to "try using one instance of SampleTank". seriously?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

DrumAddict wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:12 pm and imo you dont needs to wonder when it crashes if you load a few instances of ST 4 with serveral instruments , it crashes because it use to much memory . im lucky a little bit to have 32 GB Ram , but there are user which have less Ram .
i have 32GB of RAM. i cannot load more than 3 empty SampleTank 4 instances. not even loading sounds - those are empty instances that cause an out-of-memory crash, on a 32GB system!
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:34 pm IK support just basically told me to "try using one instance of SampleTank". seriously?
I believe that would be meant to test multiout vs multi instance in an isolated test, not as a full solution. I know directly that they are happy to have you reporting back with helpful information and I'm sure they'll continue to go forward with you on this (as it has been specifically mentioned that the devs are concurrently looking at your issue with Reaper + Windows 10 + multiple instances) and know that this isn't meant as a proposed total solution.

Edit - also please send me your ticket number so I can have that checked out as it seems that's not likely the way it was communicated to you for whatever reason and we'll take care of that too.

SLiC wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:59 pm I just did this about 30 times, no crash. Also did it with the guitars (LP) - big boys - no crash.
This is system specific - are you both on Reaper?
Win 10, X64 16M RAM, i7 - tried with BWS and Studio One.
Settings: Streaming Preload and Multiplier both set to medium.
I'm on Win10, 128GB RAM, using Cubase 10. But the crashes occur in stand alone as well.

The streaming optimization is still not very good from a RAM utilization and load time standpoint. The bigger libraries still take forever to load and take up a huge amount of RAM. It seems to perform ok, but that seems to be because it still loads the vast majority of the samples into RAM even on the small buffer, fast drive setting. So, I still can't use this as part of a template load.

The general capability is now much better than ST3 though. FX are as good or better than the other main guys (Halion, Falcon, Kontakt). The engine tweaking page is great if not still a little obscure/fiddly to use. The ARP/Seq/Loop capabilities are cool. The layering is now far more straight forward and usable.

Still not a fan of the browser but it is better.

If I can get the libraries sorted out and the crashes fixed, I'll be satisfied with the update. There's a lot to like here once you get over the horrid install process.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Burillo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:38 pm
DrumAddict wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:12 pm and imo you dont needs to wonder when it crashes if you load a few instances of ST 4 with serveral instruments , it crashes because it use to much memory . im lucky a little bit to have 32 GB Ram , but there are user which have less Ram .
i have 32GB of RAM. i cannot load more than 3 empty SampleTank 4 instances. not even loading sounds - those are empty instances that cause an out-of-memory crash, on a 32GB system!
thanks for pointing it out .

are there seriously no other user which use Sampletank 2 legacy imported Multis from ST3 with Sampletank 4 ?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:38 pm
Burillo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:34 pm IK support just basically told me to "try using one instance of SampleTank". seriously?
I believe that would be meant to test multiout vs multi instance in an isolated test, not as a full solution. I know directly that they are happy to have you reporting back with helpful information and I'm sure they'll continue to go forward with you on this (as it has been specifically mentioned that the devs are concurrently looking at your issue with Reaper + Windows 10 + multiple instances) and know that this isn't meant as a proposed total solution.

Edit - also please send me your ticket number so I can have that checked out as it seems that's not likely the way it was communicated to you for whatever reason and we'll take care of that too.
no Peter, here's a direct quote from the ticket:
Please note, inserting 2 instances does take up considerable amount of CPU/HD/RAM usage. This is why we have 16 PARTS in SampleTank. You can insert up to 16 instruments. If you have a 2nd instance, it's up to 32 PARTS.
i don't know what it sounds like to you, but to me this sounds like 1) the support person didn't actually watch the video that i've provided, or else they would notice that i didn't load any parts at all - all instances were empty, and 2) this sounds like an excuse, a sort of "oh, but you see, it's your own fault, because 2 instances of SampleTank can load up to 32 parts!", with the underlying implication being that i'm not supposed to load multiple instances of SampleTank.

you know what else that message lacked? any kind of assurance that this is a known bug, or that "we'll look into it", or some other way to tell me that they take this issue seriously, as opposed to just flat out telling me to use a single instance. i've just about held out from flat out telling the support person to go fsck themselves, but i did strongly indicate that i expect this issue to be taken seriously, and that loading 3 EMPTY instances on a 32GB system should not result in an "out-of-memory" error when i can load a 10GB drumkit in BFD3 and a bunch of orchestral libraries concurrently and not experience any issues whatsoever.

this is ticket #851762, if you're interested.

Mkdaws32@gmail.com wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:31 pm
Mkdaws32@gmail.com wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:02 pm Just got an update on my support ticket logged 6 business days ago. It says my issue with missing drum kits in ST4 standard is resolved with the new update. This is by far the longest I've ever had to wait for IK support, so I would guess they are pretty back logged at the moment. I will report back on whether my issue is actually fixed.
Unfortunately, the missing standard edition samples are still missing after the update. Contacted support again. :(
Support answered back within hours and asked me to re-download the latest version of Acoustic Drums parts 1 and 2. I downloaded them, re-installed and rebuilt the database. Still no luck. Reported this back to support. Everything else is there, so I still suspect that the documentation is wrong and that these kits were never meant to be in the standard version. I probably would never use them, but it's kind of the principle of the thing, so I'm going to keep chasing them :)

DrumAddict wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:49 pm

are there seriously no other user which use Sampletank 2 legacy imported Multis from ST3 with Sampletank 4 ?
Sorry - never started using ST before V3

DrumAddict wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:49 pm are there seriously no other user which use Sampletank 2 legacy imported Multis from ST3 with Sampletank 4 ?
I have a few ST2 libraries, but I don't see any multis in the multis list from any of them. I don't recall ever really using ST2 much at all though.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Burillo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:52 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:38 pm

no Peter, here's a direct quote from the ticket:
Please note, inserting 2 instances does take up considerable amount of CPU/HD/RAM usage. This is why we have 16 PARTS in SampleTank. You can insert up to 16 instruments. If you have a 2nd instance, it's up to 32 PARTS.
i don't know what it sounds like to you, but to me this sounds like 1) the support person didn't actually watch the video that i've provided, or else they would notice that i didn't load any parts at all - all instances were empty, and 2) this sounds like an excuse, a sort of "oh, but you see, it's your own fault, because 2 instances of SampleTank can load up to 32 parts!", with the underlying implication being that i'm not supposed to load multiple instances of SampleTank.

you know what else that message lacked? any kind of assurance that this is a known bug, or that "we'll look into it", or some other way to tell me that they take this issue seriously, as opposed to just flat out telling me to use a single instance. i've just about held out from flat out telling the support person to go fsck themselves, but i did strongly indicate that i expect this issue to be taken seriously, and that loading 3 EMPTY instances on a 32GB system should not result in an "out-of-memory" error when i can load a 10GB drumkit in BFD3 and a bunch of orchestral libraries concurrently and not experience any issues whatsoever.

this is ticket #851762, if you're interested.
Gotcha, thanks for the info. Taking care. Again, thanks for providing this.

:pray:

dbender wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:58 pm Multi's still NOT WORKING for SampleMoog (and SampleTron, though there's only 1 multi for it), after just now installing sound update 1.3, ST4 v 4.0.3, and Sound Library Update 1.3. The "Loading..." windows appear one after the other for each sound in the multi, but the sounds don't get loaded.

Multi's ARE working for Miroslav Multi's.
Sorry I missed this. Please l et me know your ticket number, I'd like to have this looked into in more detail. Thanks.

DrumAddict wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:49 pm

I have a few, imported via ST3 and then used by ST4. These patches work for me though, is there anything specific you like to try? The only think is that they made it very difficult to find and browse these as they weren´t added as libraries (just in bulk under "imported"). No Multis were carried when I moved to ST4.

ST4 still crashes a lot on my on my system though (have 64gb RAM), but not specifically when loading ST2 patches.

DrumAddict wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:22 pm so now as an advanced pc user , the only solution ive seen now to use imported ST2 Multis are to resave every single ST2 imported multi one by one with ST3 .

after that make an copy of them (because after this notepad change ST3 cant open it anymore about the path) use a new folder like "SampleTank 4 ST2 Imported" and copy the resaved ST2 Imported Multis to this new Folder , open the resaved one with an text editor of your choice and change the //Imports/ entry to //Imported Instruments/ as example :

<InstrumentPath>//Imports/SampleMoog/1978 Multimoog/Electro G.st3i</InstrumentPath>

to

<InstrumentPath>//Imported Instruments/SampleMoog/1978 Multimoog/Electro G.st3i</InstrumentPath>

now copy the new folder with the edited one to the ST4 Multi Folder . (as i already mentioned the edited ones with the path dont work with ST3 anymore , only with ST4 as an temporairly solution)

now you can use them with ST4 .
so i quoted myselves that you can see or remember where the problem are , looks like the problem are already within SampleTank3

Return to “Instruments”