|Price (MSRP)||$249.99 / €199.99|
|Type / Tags|
|Copy Protection||Online Activation (Challenge / Response)|
SampleTank 3 has been rebuilt from the ground up: it has a completely new sound set, fully redesigned easy-to-use interface, new sounds with true-to-life "round robin" and multiple articulations, a new patterns player with MIDI patterns, new effects derived from AmpliTube and T-RackS, a new loop management feature, new filters, a new Live mode and much more.
- Over 33 GB of included sounds.
- Over 4,000 new instruments with 21 instrument categories covering a span of acoustic, electric and electronic sounds.
- Over 2,500 drum, percussion and full construction-kit loops played by world-renowned artists.
- Over 2,000 MIDI files in all categories.
- Completely redesigned interface with 3 main environments: Play, Mix and Edit that retain SampleTank's ease-of-use and fast operation.
- 16 channel multi-part Play interface with easy layering and an integrated MIDI player and mixer.
- All-in-one sound Edit page with 3 sample engines (including formant preserving pitch-shifting and time-stretching engines), 10 filter types and 8 macro controls per instrument for quick multi-parameter editing.
- "Round robin" and multiple articulations that are triggerable via key switch, modulation wheel or velocity.
- Multi-channel mixer-like Mix interface with 5 insert effects per channel, 4 stereo effect returns (with 5 insert effects each) and a master channel with 5 insert effects that allow for up to 30 effects per instrument.
- 55 high-quality integrated effects, including 22 new effects for mixing, mastering and more creative applications derived from IK's studio-grade T-RackS and AmpliTube production software.
- New Live mode lets you organize sounds for setlist and song for instant recall during performance.
- Accurate 3D renderings of instruments for easy identification and recall.
- Available as standalone and 64-bit plug-in for AAX, VST and Audio Units platforms on Mac OS X and Windows.
- Compatible with all previous "Powered by SampleTank" sound modules and sounds (can import all previous sounds and Combis).
At the core of SampleTank 3 there are now over 33 GB of professionally recorded and hand-crafted samples. There are over 4,000 instruments in 22 instrument categories, which means "you'll have access to every acoustic, electric and electronic sound you'll ever need". SampleTank 3 also includes over 2,500 drum, percussion and complete groove loops, and over 2,000 MIDI patterns. From Jazz to Rock, from Pop to Funky, from EDM to Hip-Hop, from Dubstep to House.
SampleTank 3 retains the ease of use and quick workflow of its previous versions with its new 3 main environments: Play, Mix and Edit. Featuring an elegant and uncluttered design, it lets you start making music in minutes. When you need to dig into its powerful new features, all the controls you need will be there, just one click away.
New Sound Engine
SampleTank 3 sports a brand-new, CPU-efficient software engine with dozens of new features. Give your sounds a live-played organic depth with "round-robin" and multiple articulations, shape your tone with 10 types of filters — including emulations of some of the most iconic analog filters of all time — and tweak your samples using its 3 unique sampling engines (including the formant preserving STRETCH and pitch-shift/time-stretch engines). Plus for quick sound editing, 8 easy-to-use pre-programmed macro functions can be pulled up at any moment. The new Live feature lets you organize your sounds by setlist and song with smart sound loading for instant recall while you are on stage performing.
New MIDI Engine
The new SampleTank 3 built-in MIDI engine – combined with the thousands of included MIDI patterns – lets you quickly build rhythmic grooves and tracks directly from your workstation and easily sync them with your DAW. You can now load up to 128 MIDI patterns for each of the 16 parts, with extensive control over intensity, transposition and quantization — play them all from your keyboard or effortlessly drag them to your DAW and keep working from there. Plus you can mix and match patterns and loops and sync them together seamlessly to build your groove.
The new internal multi-effects selection now contains 55 high-quality effects with 22 brand-new effects derived from the analog-modeled algorithms and convolution technology found in AmpliTube and T-RackS plus brand new effects developed just for SampleTank 3. There is also a new 16 channel mixer-like interface with 5 insert effect slots per part, 4 stereo FX returns and a Master Channel — each with 5 effect slots. Up to 30 effects can be applied to a single SampleTank sound for a spectrum of creative sound design possibilities.