SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

I think I'll just wait for a couple more days before attempting any downloads... :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:47 pm I think I'll just wait for a couple more days before attempting any downloads... :D
I think that's smart! Seems like it could be very confusing to go back and figure out what installs didn't work...?

dandezebra wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:47 pm All you downloaders, any of you purchase the USB version?
I'd also like to know as this question hasn't been answered officially. Having to wait because we didn't buy a digital upgrade is a bit annoying. :roll:

USB drive versions will ship to you and you can install from that drive. There is no early download unlocking for USB drive version purchases, SampleTank 4 will not show in your account until you receive and register your product.

abernathy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:41 pm Sorry, but what year is this? This is such a tedious and confusing installation. I really feel like ditching it all and forgetting about it. Thank god I didn't order MAX - seems like that would take weeks to install and sort out. I make my living as a computer consultant and I can't figure out where to install each package on my external drive - I'm winding up with multiple SampleTank 4 folders. I'm about to trash everything and start over, but I don't know what I did wrong! Shouldn't there be a sample install utility?
Many people do not want fully automated installers.

If it is similar to the ST3 installation:
-- download all the files to one location,
-- extract the program installer and run it, picking the location for the program (and a few other files) and the plug-in(s),
-- create a SampleTank 4 folder on your disks (with enough space for the sounds library),

-- extract the files from one sounds download,
-- run its installer and select that folder for the sounds (if that choice is not available, then run ST4 standalone program and select that folder is its preference settings),

-- repeat the last two steps for each sounds download,
-- when all done you may need to rebuild the cache database in ST4 (assuming that is the same as in ST3).

Important: back up the Sounds Library download files so that you do not need to download them again (After 180 days, there would be a Sounds Download Reactivation fee).

----------------
Isn't there an Installation Guide somewhere in the download files?
Last edited by DarkStar on Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Once the USB version arrives and it is registered, will downloading still be an option in the future?

dandezebra wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:34 pm Once the USB version arrives and it is registered, will downloading still be an option in the future?
Yes, you will have the option to download once registered. There may be some additional updates and libraries available that way too, the former which would definitely be recommended to install. But we're at day one so we're not at that point yet :)

IK, seriously, downloading half a hundred files without any opportunity to automate the process is like 19th century. if you can't be arsed to implement an installation manager, can you at least enable direct downloading links so that i could automate the process myself?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Here's a helpful tip for Mac users who want to relocate samples to another folder or drive. Instead of selecting the new destination each time you install a sound pack, create a symbolic link to the new location like this:

Code: Select all

Use finder to copy the existing folder to the new location 
	The default path is /Users/Shared/IK\ Multimedia/SampleTank\ 4/
Change the folder permissions:
	chmod -R -N /Users/Shared/IK\ Multimedia/SampleTank\ 4/
Delete the existing folder:
	rm -rf /Users/Shared/IK\ Multimedia/SampleTank\ 4/
Create a symbolic link (change the first path to your new location):
	ln -s /Volumes/SSD2/SampleTank\ 4/ /Users/Shared/IK\ Multimedia/
Now you can just choose the default path when installing the packs and the files will be installed to your new location!

^^^^
I think it would work if you run ST4 standalone program and select your desired folder in the Preferences / Settings (same as in ST3).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

cleverr1 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:44 pm
ShawnMH wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:35 pm
cleverr1 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:28 pm ST4_Strings_Samples_Part4.zip is corrupt. Downloaded it twice so looks like the source file.
Are you using Edge browser? If so, try Chrome.

I have had a similar thing happened while downloading Sonivox files recently. Somewhere along the way, I had read that Edge is not always super accurate when downloading a lot of big files.
Yes - I had all 99 files downloading with Edge. I noticed the same issue with ST4_Strings_Samples_Part3.zip. According to 7 Zip the issue affects just 1 sample in each archive.
When I had the problem with the Sonivox files, there was only 2 downloads that came in corrupt - out of many. I tried like five times each, they came in the exact same file size each time - but still corrupt.

I switched to Chrome just to get the files that were corrupt, and they downloaded first try with no problem.

Unbelievable - how many files does one have to download and install??? I was concerned that IK would take the current process and just scale it up to 250 GB of content, versus getting a more automated process of downloading and installing. Really disappointed that IK did not invest the time and effort to rethink and retool the way content is downloaded and installed.

DarkStar wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:44 pm ^^^^
I think it would work if you run ST4 standalone program and select your desired folder in the Preferences / Settings (same as in ST3).
True. Since we can't copy and paste the destination path when installing the sound packs, this would save a lot of clicks to browse to the new location every time.

emasters wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:49 pm Unbelievable - how many files does one have to download and install??? I was concerned that IK would take the current process and just scale it up to 250 GB of content, versus getting a more automated process of downloading and installing. Really disappointed that IK did not invest the time and effort to rethink and retool the way content is downloaded and installed.
Is it really that bad? We only have to do it once. The new interface is GREAT!

Its kinda funny, i see people complain about Native Access and Waves Central but dont realise that it is THE ONLY SOLUTION (i mean how else? hire a person who does all the downloading for you? :lol: ) to make download/install process automated, less painful. And look at the situation now, you rant that you want easier aproach to that. :dog: funny :lol:

Return to “Instruments”