LAUNCH! VAST Dynamics - Vaporizer2 - Hybrid Wavetable Additive / Subtractive Synthesizer / Sampler / Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Energy The Transformation Vaporizer2

pk-1 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:18 pm [*]Sometimes, I want to select some pieces of the waveform and put them one by one into the existing table, e.g. replace the currently selected cycle with the selection from the waveform (or append a new cycle if none is selected). Similar to “Create wavetable patch from sample selection” but only replacing one cycle, not the whole wavetable. This is also why I would want to be able to move the selection window over the waveform without changing its size (i.e. number of samples), optionally snapping to zero crossings for finding the right spot and fine adjustments. Maybe you want to have a look at the workflow in Sonic Academy's NODE, this is what I mean.
Would a manual entry popup be helpful in this case to allow entering start and end sample?

Wonderful!!

The new presets are much appreciated as well, but that does bring up a minor aggravation:

>> As the preset list gets longer, so does the scrolling involved (yes, search helps, but the keyboard back and forth gets annoying after awhile). Perhaps a hierarchical (by category/User) preset view (or option) to make that a bit more manageable? Other thoughts? Ideas?

Once again though, well done!

Yes, improved preset browser is on top of the backlog list.

vastdynamics wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:05 pm Yes, improved preset browser is on top of the backlog list.
Excellent!

And thanks!

vastdynamics wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:44 pm
mike_o wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:16 pm I have an issue with the way that the snap to zero works with phase alignment.

It snaps to a zero crossing but it stretches the waveform rather than shifting it.

with snap enabled moving the phase knob should shift the waveform from side to side without stretching it while realigning the phase, and freq should stretch the wave to the next zero crossing.

The way that phase works is just not quite right to me.
I have split the "snap" button now in two buttons: "snap" and "stretch". Snap phase aligns all changes in the editor to the first zero crossing. Stretch in addition to "snap" strectches to the last zero crossing. With snap it is ensured that the cycle starts at zero - with snap&strecth it is ensured that it starts and ends at a zero crossing.
When will this be available, I need it, and thanks.

The frequency and scope of the updates on this synth is very impressive. Here is one committed Dev!
Puts many other synths (Massive X anyone?) to shame.

buzz1 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:48 am The frequency and scope of the updates on this synth is very impressive. Here is one committed Dev!
Puts many other synths (Massive X anyone?) to shame.
i fully agree.

vastdynamics wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:46 pm Would a manual entry popup be helpful in this case to allow entering start and end sample?
For the first scenario I described, I would imagine a popup where I can enter the number of samples per slice. Vaporizer would then create a wavetable from the waveform with the given number of samples per cycle. For example, if I know that my imported waveform is at the pitch of A0, sampled with 96 kHz, I would enter (96,000/27.5 =) 3491.

For the second, I guess the selection window in the waveform is just fine, if I could have "snap to zero crossing" when I drag the left or right border. Or alternatively, have a variant of "Find zero loop" that keeps a border where it is in case it is already at a zero crossing. But more importantly, it should be possible to put the selected part of the waveform into the current slot of the table.

It would be nice if the clean knob that fades in and out on the edges worked in samples instead of a 0-1 scale, so that we could se the actual number of samples that are being faded in/out.

Thanks KVR-ists for all the good feedback that led to the new version. :party: :phones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD91nsuzA0g

New in version 3.0.4:
• New preset browser with favorites and tags management with broad rating, search and filter functions
• New effect in the FX busses: waveshaper with multiple waveshape modes and oversampling
• Several usability improvements:
• New selection options in the wavetable editor (e.g. using mousewheel) based on zero crossings or grid
• Adding and deleting larger numbers of wavetable positions by dragging the '+' sign
• New selection options in the sample editor with new checkbox 'snap' displaying and snapping to zero crossings
• New scale options when slicing samples to wavetables (in the sampler context menu)
• Function to copy all oscillator parameters to another oscillator
• Scroll through tabstrips via mousewheel
• Larger fonts in menus and submenus
• Improved graphics performance

VAPORIZER2
"PROBABLY THE MOST VERSATILE WAVETABLE SYNTHESIZER"
Get it here: https://www.vast-dynamics.com/
https://www.facebook.com/vastdynamics/

thanks! great! (nice about the fonts.. and of course the other improvements!)

EDIT: indeed, now the fonts are more readable, small thing, but improves workflow big time.

Absolutely fantastic update. My greatest respect to the programmer.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

In case you run into a glitch with the WT load dialog opening up twice in a row, just re-download and install again. It is fixed now. Sorry for that. 😎 https://www.vast-dynamics.com/?q=downloads

Awesome Synth
I recently picked this Synth up because of the Wavetable options, one of the best Wavetable editors available imo.
Thanks for updating/improving Vaporizer2.

vastdynamics wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:20 pm In case you run into a glitch with the WT load dialog opening up twice in a row, just re-download and install again. It is fixed now. Sorry for that. 😎 https://www.vast-dynamics.com/?q=downloads
is this the 3.0.5 version, or contains 3.0.5 more bugfixes?
i must install it yet on my desktop; i do see that 3.0.5 does not make an new entry in the apps section in settings, i will remove the other entries, for overview... that seems to also been fixed? on my desktop the folders are on a different place, as can be set in vaporizer 2. i will check it out, but does 3.0.5 also writes now correctly the presets etc. to the preferred or set folders?

i am making a track with vaporizer: one thing, when open / close, it doesn't remember i choose the wavetable view in the OSC, when it is a wavetable. it is also not stored in the settings with the presets. the track starts with vaporizer... i am curious how it evolves... as always...
that will be the first track...

it is on two tracks of the track, and i am tweaking one preset to be more... the wavetable view is nice to see, if the correct range is played (with a MSEG, looping). but closing and opening... as already mentioned.

with my own wavetables, made in vaporizer 2, i like it. strange use of vaporizer 2, perhaps, or there is never a strange use...

Return to “Instruments”