Softube Monoment Bass: A new bass synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You're computer generated, aren't you
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Some people really shouldn't do drugs.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I quite agreed with him, actually.

I wonder, can you automate the tone/effects buttons to switch sections on the gui? softape had automation on the remote control panel which left me very impressed. if there's a repeat success there I'll have to demo it.

Why would you need to do that? It seems to me to be a waste of time that could be spent making it sound better or use less CPU. But I just had a look at it definitely can be automated, which makes me doubly curious about why I might want to do it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

cool beans, thanks.

you're on windows... if you enjoy vst's you should find yourself a Kore2, it's amazing. who am I kidding though, you, you'd find a way to think it sucks. :hihi:

That thing is just about the best piece of industrial design ever to grace any musical equipment, I'd be tempted to buy one just so I could look at it on my desk, but I actually like using a mouse to control things on my PC and I have never used any of the knobs or buttons on any controller I've ever had. It makes no sense to me when I have to use the mouse anyway. I bought a Machine Mikro a couple of years ago but after about a week I put it back in its box and put it into storage. It was worth it for the software bundle, though.

Will Kore 2 work with Komplete Kontrol? You can buy the hardware really cheap but nobody seems to be selling any of the bundled software licenses with it.

I'll never forget opening my kore2 box, the pictures didn't prepare you for how sleek it looks, indeed, but yeah the actual value is in the software... it's well made and since you can program knob sensitivity and button function, vst's which offer thorough automation can be controlled with a high degree of immersion, I compare it to the elektrons, or the old electribes, or i.e. Largo inside Kore is very similar to having a physical Blofeld module. Your faves Hive, Thorn and Dune (v1 especially) happen to be very Kore-able synths...

typically with a well-made vst, opening the gui is optional, you have everything on the controller, but softube makes real lookers and I like just leaving them on the secondary monitor for a while, and if I can handle the visual interface from the controller, it's just a cool extra, to me that's a sign that the developer went all the way to finish their program. V-Station I can select the FX section shown, Sylenth1 the A/B parts, and such, but it's a too rare occurence.

I don't hesitate to recommend (to the non-apple crowd) starting a quest to find a full Kore package, still well worth it.

even if only just to have Kore Standalone, now that I think about it. that thing is an excellent table-top style host with no global timeline and no on-board recording (you have to slap some wav recording vst on the master, or the jam goes goodbye), it may have changed my artistic life to start spending quality time in there, it's pure freedom.

That's how I describe working on my PC generally. I still get a kick out of playing with my hardware synths but it's usually just that - play. If I want to get serious and get some creative work done, the PC is the only place I want to be working and a mouse is made very precisely to work in that environment. A controller can make playing a VSTi feel "real" but for getting work done, it's gotta be a mouse for me, preferably a gaming mouse with the ability to change its responsiveness on the fly (DPI) so I can work both quickly and precisely.

BTW, I only ever use DUNE when my bandmate gives me something that has it in, it's one of the last synths in my toolbox I am likely to reach for. I love its sound but I don't like working with it at all. Ironically, I find it OK if I just want to do something simple, starting from an INIT patch, but finding a preset to tweak is a PITA and tweaking it once you find it is even more painful. I should probably try it out inside Komplete Kontrol or Maschine and make use of NKS but that seems like a lot of effort in itself.
Last edited by BONES on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

This will be my last official poopfart, cynical, sarcastic post online. Farewell bad habbits steming from the Burning Crusade. Open pvp was amazing. Bye internet.

BONES wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:53 am I'm not sure I understand, it always retriggers. There is no option for it not to retrigger.

Last night I was playing around a bit more with it. I compared it with some of my go-to synths - Vacuum Pro, DUNE, Hive, Thorn and Tyrell N6 - and the only one that came close to it for bottom-end oomph was the freebie. Monoment really does have some serious low-end grunt. It's not very versatile but it does what it does really well, I think. I reckon I'll probably end up paying the $79 before the offer expires next week.
The notes retrigger of course, as they should be, but the filter envelope (!) dont retriggers with every new note. Makes "plucky" basslines through filtering not really possible or useful for it :(

Are you sure? I'll have to check tonight but I don't think I've had that problem. Mind you, I'v been using it more for big, nasty pads than actual basslines so maybe it just hasn't come up.

So how is this holding up?
It’s on sale for $59 right now.

At that price it’s time to demo, but Pigments is at $69.

perpetual3 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:59 am At that price it’s time to demo, but Pigments is at $69.
Where are you seeing that price? I’m only seeing the $99 on their site.
Thanks

Plugin Boutique has it for $59 on their website

Return to “Instruments”