Which drum synth do you recommend

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to convert a microtonic pattern to a midi file? (I don't mean an export from the application but a converter)
I know from midi to microtonic pattern has been done, so...
Last edited by Stefken on Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I’m a big fan of drum synths so I have quite a few.

Microtonic is my most used and probably my favorite.
Drumatic is a close second and very versatile.
Then I often use ephemere for odd percussion or really crazily distorted hits.
Sometimes I will throw on Tattoo or the fxspansion one, but they aren’t the most versatile. They just have neat sequencing possibilities.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Image Image

I'm not great at programming patterns except simple house patterns. I had some success with XO demo, but XO only supports upto 50 folders. I'm waiting for the next XO update which will support upto 2000 folders (of drums). I have plenty of drum samples.

In the meantime should i get Microtonic and use the patternarium, or something else? I have Reaktor, what do you recommend for Reaktor?

Thanks.

Just a reminder about xoxos Bong, it really is that good, and free.
Along with Drumatic

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/bong-vst-by-xoxos
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Spring Goose wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:35 pm I'm not great at programming patterns except simple house patterns. I had some success with XO demo, but XO only supports upto 50 folders. I'm waiting for the next XO update which will support upto 2000 folders (of drums). I have plenty of drum samples.

In the meantime should i get Microtonic and use the patternarium, or something else? I have Reaktor, what do you recommend for Reaktor?

Thanks.
It's good to demo. Good to experience all those complex patterns. You can learn a lot just from that. I did and ultimately didn't buy because I don't care enough about complicated patterns.

empphryio wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:52 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:35 pm I'm not great at programming patterns except simple house patterns. I had some success with XO demo, but XO only supports upto 50 folders. I'm waiting for the next XO update which will support upto 2000 folders (of drums). I have plenty of drum samples.

Thanks.
It's good to demo. Good to experience all those complex patterns. You can learn a lot just from that. I did and ultimately didn't buy because I don't care enough about complicated patterns.
cheers, i'll do the demo then

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:49 pm Just a reminder about xoxos Bong, it really is that good, and free.
Along with Drumatic

Cheers.

I bought Wusik P2000 in case i ever need to bridge a 32bit plug (i use Reason) but it doesn't like Bong.

Drumatic sounds good, but i didn't see a sequencer. Sorry i meant something with own sequencer.

Spring Goose wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:11 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:49 pm Just a reminder about xoxos Bong, it really is that good, and free.
Along with Drumatic

Cheers.

I bought Wusik P2000 in case i ever need to bridge a 32bit plug (i use Reason) but it doesn't like Bong.

Drumatic sounds good, but i didn't see a sequencer. Sorry i meant something with own sequencer.

Ah sorry, my bad

But Reason has plenty of drum sequencing options, youre tieing yourself down if you want one built in to the VST.

Its also 32 bit but has a sequencer: Extreme Drumsynth and if you kindly email the dev he might let you upgrade to the secret v2 ;)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Ok cool. Thanks mate. You've given me plenty to think about.

Sonic Sidekick page isn't up.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:18 pm

But Reason has plenty of drum sequencing options, youre tieing yourself down if you want one built in to the VST.

So do you know if its possible to sequence using Reason Redrum but for the drums for example Drumatic? Because i didn't know that's possible.

I'll use Battery with Matrix pattern sequencer. Just the job. I hadn't thought to do that. I used to cane Matrix pattern sequencer but not so much nowadays. Thanks, you've been a great help!

Drumspillage, Microtonic and Heartbeat sound the best for my style of music.
STIX could’ve been so good but is a pain in the ass to dial in and fugly as hell.

simmo75 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:56 pm Drumspillage, Microtonic and Heartbeat sound the best for my style of music.
STIX could’ve been so good but is a pain in the ass to dial in and fugly as hell.
What's your style of music?

Return to “Instruments”