Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
dbender
KVRist
353 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Post Tue May 19, 2020 10:20 am

Aloysius wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 am
It says: version 2.0.2.0 installed
Thanks. Are you on Windows? (you may have mentioned it, don't have time now to go back over prior posts)

yul
KVRian
991 posts since 26 Sep, 2002 from Montreal, CANADA

Re: Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

Post Tue May 19, 2020 10:31 am

dbender wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:20 am
Aloysius wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 am
It says: version 2.0.2.0 installed
Thanks. Are you on Windows? (you may have mentioned it, don't have time now to go back over prior posts)
Windows yes sorry!!

dbender
KVRist
353 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Re: Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

Post Tue May 19, 2020 10:35 am

No worries, thank you very much! I just checked over at Korg user.net , Downloaded wave station, and it turns out to be version 2.0.2, though that update is not showing in korg software pass application (Latest version that just came out).

So I’m wondering if I install this wave station version 2.0.2 if it would mess up Korg software pass somehow. Anyone?

keyman_sam
KVRAF
4030 posts since 8 Mar, 2005

Re: Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

Post Tue May 19, 2020 10:38 am

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:48 pm
I just demoed the Triton and was surprised to find that it is fully multitouch compatible, which the other are not. Strange but I guess they used a different GUI SDK for the Triton. I don't really understand why they didn't make the wavestation a cool, more user friendly GUI like ipad version. It's nice that it's bigger now but it still kinda sucks. An ipad style revamp would have been nice.
Can you elaborate? How did you control the Triton VST's interface using multitouch?

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
28302 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Re: Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

Post Tue May 19, 2020 12:00 pm

dbender wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:20 am
Aloysius wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 am
It says: version 2.0.2.0 installed
Thanks. Are you on Windows? (you may have mentioned it, don't have time now to go back over prior posts)
Windows 10
Hi-de-Hi!

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
28302 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Re: Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

Post Tue May 19, 2020 12:04 pm

dbender wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:35 am
No worries, thank you very much! I just checked over at Korg user.net , Downloaded wave station, and it turns out to be version 2.0.2, though that update is not showing in korg software pass application (Latest version that just came out).

So I’m wondering if I install this wave station version 2.0.2 if it would mess up Korg software pass somehow. Anyone?
Wavestation was NOT showing that it needed an update in Software Ass. I think 4 other KORG products were. Someone here mentioned that Wavestation had been updated, so I downloaded it directly from my account (KORG ID) and installed it. Software Ass is NOW saying Wavestation is at v2.0.2.0. So no, it won't mess up your Software Ass. :lol:

I'm on Windows 10.
Hi-de-Hi!

dbender
KVRist
353 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Re: Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

Post Tue May 19, 2020 12:18 pm

Great, thank you very much!

User avatar
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
6173 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Re: Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

Post Tue May 19, 2020 12:21 pm

Is the only notification of updates coming from their management tool? I don’t want that. I was thinking maybe they’d, I don’t know, like, perhaps EMAIL their registered users...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
28302 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Re: Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

Post Tue May 19, 2020 12:23 pm

They are social distancing. just in case they get a virus in their email.
Hi-de-Hi!

EnGee
KVRAF
6144 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Re: Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

Post Tue May 19, 2020 1:19 pm

Or use Google Translate and send them in Japanese. It might look like this to them: "Me Korg no good. Your socks soft warehouse. I Korg never ever you Wavestation no fix! YOU THANK I !!!!" Maybe little bit softer but I think it's understandable.
Using Win 10/Live 10 Suite mainly these days 8)

User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
28302 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Re: Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

Post Tue May 19, 2020 1:25 pm

:lol:
Hi-de-Hi!

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
8128 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

Post Tue May 19, 2020 1:56 pm

keyman_sam wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:38 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:48 pm
I just demoed the Triton and was surprised to find that it is fully multitouch compatible, which the other are not. Strange but I guess they used a different GUI SDK for the Triton. I don't really understand why they didn't make the wavestation a cool, more user friendly GUI like ipad version. It's nice that it's bigger now but it still kinda sucks. An ipad style revamp would have been nice.
Can you elaborate? How did you control the Triton VST's interface using multitouch?
I opened it on my surface pro and touched it in multiple places at once.

Multi-touch plugins also respond more smoothly than other plugins and don't have the slight delay that most plugins have when you first touch it. Controls respond instantly.
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

User avatar
Forgotten
KVRAF
11472 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

Post Tue May 19, 2020 2:37 pm

EnGee wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:19 pm
"Me Korg no good. Your socks soft warehouse. I Korg never ever you Wavestation no fix! YOU THANK I !!!!"
Looks like the instructions you get with Ikea furniture...

EnGee
KVRAF
6144 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Re: Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

Post Tue May 19, 2020 3:58 pm

Forgotten wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:37 pm
EnGee wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:19 pm
"Me Korg no good. Your socks soft warehouse. I Korg never ever you Wavestation no fix! YOU THANK I !!!!"
Looks like the instructions you get with Ikea furniture...
:lol:
That's why my furniture looks strange!
Using Win 10/Live 10 Suite mainly these days 8)

BBFG#
KVRAF
5977 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Re: Korg Collection (V2.0 released, GUI update!)

Post Tue May 19, 2020 4:29 pm

Been dealing with support this last month.
Turn around time for emails have been about 3-4 days.
Before I never got any replies, so this is an improvement?
However, the last one I sent them still hasn't been replied to yet after a week. :(

Still waiting on an update or solution to my ARP stand-alone not allowing to be set to ASIO.
But I'm not pushing it so much since it works fine in the DAWs.

It feels like it's progressing in the right direction though.
Last edited by BBFG# on Tue May 19, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”