Tremor, Midi clock and Ditto

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A bit of a multi category question here.
Windows 10. Tremor, Ditto x4, MidiLink USB, Midiclocksync

I want to run Tremor in stand alone, using my laptops soundcard for the audio. So I picked up a USB (Midilink) to Midi in out to transmit midi clock.

I can't see in tremor how to transmit midi clock, but how to sync to it.

I downloaded MidiClockSync and free midi clock genorator. It transmits, it's received by and synced to by the Ditto x4. SO that works. The app can see MS Wavesynth and the MidiLink USB, not Tremor.

Tremor can see the Midilink in, so I connected it to the through if of the Ditto.

MidiClock app send clock out the MIdiLInk (Out) to Ditto's in, the clcok should be going out of the Thru, to the MidiLink (in), to Tremor. But Tremor didn't respomd

I can't seem to get Tremor to sync to this midi clock app

Ideally I'd just being using the tempo set from Tremor and transmit the midi clock from Tremor to the Ditto, but I think Tremor doesn't send clock data.

Any ideas?

Should I repost in a different section?

Kamikaze Coda wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:43 pm Should I repost in a different section?
FXpansion does have a forum on KVR, may be worth posting there: viewforum.php?f=13

Try using a software midi loopback to send the midi to tremor

https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html

I'd recommend using it as a plugin in a host which has good sync functionality. To be honest the reason you're not getting many replies is probably because people generally don't do this stuff because software midi clock tends to be quite jittery and crap - there's a reason the innerclock / ERM / usamo products were developed

Definitely try using a host. Something like Bidule will work well for this. Is it for a live performance?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Instruments”