ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:35 am
trusampler wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:44 am Also where's the release notes located on the updates that come out?
https://refx.com/nexus/version/
thnx
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

AnX and steve.lindqvist, please drop the slappyfight and stay on topic. Thanks.

I've got say, I'm pretty disturbed by the changelog. There's been an obvious lack of beta testing, and still is by all accounts. Paying customers shouldn't be burdened with the role of user testing a product.

problem is that people pay and dont wait. i still didnt upgrade cause
a) 3.0 doesnt feel 99 bucks worth as a rompler
b) incompatible and missing presets it seems? or it is fixed i dunno.
c) N2 is still running nice.
d) no layersystem.... i expected a layersystem which could save instances and add various layers from other owned xps. nothing against it cause it saves hassle and instances. even if it wasnt intended 3.0 is like dune 3, a small upgrade with a big price. and dune 3 is a synth, n3 only a rompler.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

important NFO

please note if you upgrade your nexus2 to nexus3, you can not sell anymore,,,,important as per REFX

sounds like another rip off from refx

deejay2 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:37 pm important NFO

please note if you upgrade your nexus2 to nexus3, you can not sell anymore,,,,important as per REFX

Where did you see this, I can't see it written on their site anywhere?

Caine123 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:33 pm b) incompatible and missing presets it seems? or it is fixed i dunno.
I don't think this will ever get fixed. They keep insisting no presets were removed, even if I show them a video that proves otherwise.

But in the end this is no big deal, as this was in a free expansion (TV Movie Game) with no real usable presets. It was more a 'fun' expansion and the lost presets were all sequences of theme songs from popular movies and TV shows.

I can totally understand they had to remove these presets to avoid copyright issues, but why can't they just be honest about it and admit it?

m-ac wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:59 pm

Yeah no public info about license transfer at all is a shame. But it's true. I asked them via support ticket too. Because they cannot terminate the license on the elicenser dongle it just becomes NFR after doing the Nexus3 upgrade. If you don't upgrade you can still sell it. In theory they have no control over what happens to your elicenser Nexus license unless it accidentally phones home :D

MrBauer wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:12 pm

Yeah no public info about license transfer at all is a shame. But it's true. I asked them via support ticket too. Because they cannot terminate the license on the elicenser dongle it just becomes NFR after doing the Nexus3 upgrade. If you don't upgrade you can still sell it. In theory they have no control over what happens to your elicenser Nexus license unless it accidentally phones home :D
Wait, now I'm confused - are we talking about not being able to sell your N2 license once you upgrade to N3 (which is perfectly normal behaviour for an upgrade), or are they saying you can't transfer N3 at all?

m-ac wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:44 pm
MrBauer wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:12 pm

Wait, now I'm confused - are we talking about not being able to sell your N2 license once you upgrade to N3 (which is perfectly normal behaviour for an upgrade), or are they saying you can't transfer N3 at all?
I only specifically asked for Nexus2 because it was said in this thread it became NFR in general with the release of N3 and I have no intention to upgrade to this mess. No clue about N3 license transfer.

N3 replaces N2, so it actually makes sense you can't sell your N2 license after upgrading to N3. You can buy N3 for a discounted price ($99) only if you own N2, so I think it's quite normal you can't sell N2 after upgrading.
I think some people think they can upgrade for $99, then sell their N2 license for the same price or even more so they basically got N3 for free. It doesn't work like that with any other software, so why should it work with reFX?

I've upgraded my Cubase license in the past from 8 to 8.5 to 9 to 9.5 to 10 and to 10.5. Does it mean I should be able to sell 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5 and 10? At $200 a piece (which is still a bargain) that would make me $1000, which is more than I paid for everything including upgrade prices :hihi:
Last edited by Reefius on Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nexus is a milking cash cow product so they dont need some ranting people who probably make only a few percent of the income. Thats how business works.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

trusampler wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:42 am Since we're basically forced into a closed system, with sound design, can we get some lo-fi expansions, and more realistic instruments for awhile? The entire library is saturated with entirely too much trance,dance,edm, synths galore.. There;s much more to music then a synth!
+100!

I understand EDM is their customer base, but that doesn't mean it's the only form you can create expansions for! Even those EDM users like to step outside those confines! Just more proof to me that this is a dead system! And as someone else mentioned, after you've heard a handful of expansion packs - they all seem to basically sound the same!

More chill, natural, dreamy, etheric, evolving pads please! At least every 10 or so! Don't be a cartoon disco-box rompler! Provide a wide range of exciting sounds for all users! See the growth potential over the long run?!

after you've heard a handful of expansion packs - they all seem to basically sound the same!
this can only be said from someone who does not produce these genres. For me Heavy Metal sounds all the same too. But a listener to Metal would tell me its not :) And he is probably right.

But I get your point. Actually there are many non-EDM XPs.. Chill, Hollywood, Chiptunes, Dark electronic stuff, analog, lounge/ambient, even German Schlager etc... far more than 10. But its a niche, even if we try to bring out XPs which are non-EDM from time to time, the main demand is clearly modern styled Radio music.

SciFiArtMan wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:11 pm
trusampler wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:42 am Since we're basically forced into a closed system, with sound design, can we get some lo-fi expansions, and more realistic instruments for awhile? The entire library is saturated with entirely too much trance,dance,edm, synths galore.. There;s much more to music then a synth!
+100!

I understand EDM is their customer base, but that doesn't mean it's the only form you can create expansions for! Even those EDM users like to step outside those confines! Just more proof to me that this is a dead system! And as someone else mentioned, after you've heard a handful of expansion packs - they all seem to basically sound the same!

More chill, natural, dreamy, etheric, evolving pads please! At least every 10 or so! Don't be a cartoon disco-box rompler! Provide a wide range of exciting sounds for all users! See the growth potential over the long run?!
There were loads of them in BT's Pads XP, which I'm still mining for new sounds even now. But I recall BT saying here that he was disappointed at how it didn't seem to be popular.
I doubt they're going to ever attempt to appeal to niche genres with the resulting poor sales, much as I'd love to see more diverse expansions.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Return to “Instruments”