Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Buckster
KVRist
192 posts since 27 Nov, 2016

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:40 am

Had first bug earlier made a patch with 5 instances of kotnact and one of Omnisphere and it errors on opening.

In reaper it crashes whole lot to desktop

In Cubase it gives error which can be cancelled but all instances of Kontact are silent even though patches loaded

User avatar
getdunne
KVRist
149 posts since 9 Mar, 2017

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:02 am

Buckster wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:40 am
Had first bug earlier made a patch with 5 instances of kotnact and one of Omnisphere and it errors on opening.

In reaper it crashes whole lot to desktop

In Cubase it gives error which can be cancelled but all instances of Kontact are silent even though patches loaded
Could you possibly describe this issue in a bit more detail on our PlugInGuru Forum https://forums.pluginguru.com? It's better than KVR for working back and forth to track down issues.

User avatar
realkuhl
KVRist
35 posts since 30 Apr, 2002 from Portland, Oregon USA

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:38 pm

Hello Jelly,

We had unforeseen conditions that made this latest update not go as smoothly as we had hoped. It was our fault because we stopped the release until we felt we were 100% stable which we now are and we were NOT on Monday when the release was planned. That put a huge jolt in the process but I decided to risk pie on my face because I won't release un update until I fell 1000% confident in it.

Everything is fixed and working now and I hope you can accept our apology and promise that we will strive to make this smoother in the future. Buying from somewhere other than PlugInGuru.com should be the same user experience - even if the procedure is a little different. We can and will get better at this, I promise.

Kind Regards,
John Lehmkuhl
Jelly wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:54 am
Bought from Audiodeluxe months ago. Did the whole update circus thing in March - went back and edited some of my post (20 March in this thread) wishing to give you a chance to fix the whole system.

Update time again.
Available from Pluginguru? Nope, stupid question.
Available from Ilio? Nope, didn't buy direct from them no can't log in and download either.
Bought from an (authorised) retailer? Yep. Entered my email address on the Ilio website and got an email with links to download plugin version 1.1.3 and content update 1.0.12. Just this afternoon.

Please please fix this farcical update system. Absolute amateur hour.
• Sound Designer / Programmer for Korg Synthesizers
• Custom Sounds 4 Sale (Massive, FM8, Stylus RMX) and Free Video Tutorials PlugInGuru.com.

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
9684 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:29 am

realkuhl wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:38 pm
Hello Jelly,

We had unforeseen conditions that made this latest update not go as smoothly as we had hoped. It was our fault because we stopped the release until we felt we were 100% stable which we now are and we were NOT on Monday when the release was planned. That put a huge jolt in the process but I decided to risk pie on my face because I won't release un update until I fell 1000% confident in it.

Everything is fixed and working now and I hope you can accept our apology and promise that we will strive to make this smoother in the future. Buying from somewhere other than PlugInGuru.com should be the same user experience - even if the procedure is a little different. We can and will get better at this, I promise.

Kind Regards,
John Lehmkuhl
So, where do we get the update, and what do we have to do to get it? As I said, I never received any warning regarding updates. Last time, I knew about it here in KVR (as it happened again now), and I had to e-mail you to get a link to download the update.

I think you should simply register anyone that has a valid registration and take care of the warinings and making the updates available yourselves (as does any other vendor I know).
Fernando (FMR)

Chipi
KVRer
12 posts since 25 Mar, 2020

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:28 am

:pray: :clap: :o :lol: :x :P :love: :roll:
Last edited by Chipi on Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
9684 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:12 am

Well... I would already be glad if this lousy update method is fixed. Today, I used the link I got in my purchase e-mail to download version 1.1.3. I also downloaded the content again, but since I have no version indication, I have no way to know if it was updated or not.

Anyway, I did this BECAUSE I AM HERE IN KVR, and I knew through this thread that there is an update. I didn't receive any e-mail telling me about the update, or instructions on what to do to get it. I tried the link just to see what happens, because I had no idea if that would be working. Actually, it is counter-intuitive to use an old link to download new versions, IMO :shrug:

To sum it up - this is NOT GOOD, and certainly NOT a proper way to handle updates. If I wasn't here I would still be running version 1.0, or I would have e-mailed plug-in guru, or Ilio, or someone, to ask if there were any updates. Which SHOULDN'T BE NECESSARY. :mad:
Last edited by fmr on Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

User avatar
getdunne
KVRist
149 posts since 9 Mar, 2017

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:05 am

@fmr You're absolutely right. We were so focused on getting this update out, we ended up doing a poor job of informing people about the update procedure, and our coordination with our partner Ilio was not good at all. We're in the midst of internal discussion about how we can do better in future. We appreciate everyone's patience as we learn the ropes of this business, and as for only getting answers by being on KVR, well, that's why we're here, too.

To check if you have the latest Unify content, look under "Tags" in the patch browser. If you see an entry for "1.1", you have the latest. In future we hope to add more sophisticated version-management features.

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
9684 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:13 am

getdunne wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:05 am
@fmr You're absolutely right. We were so focused on getting this update out, we ended up doing a poor job of informing people about the update procedure, and our coordination with our partner Ilio was not good at all. We're in the midst of internal discussion about how we can do better in future. We appreciate everyone's patience as we learn the ropes of this business, and as for only getting answers by being on KVR, well, that's why we're here, too.

To check if you have the latest Unify content, look under "Tags" in the patch browser. If you see an entry for "1.1", you have the latest. In future we hope to add more sophisticated version-management features.
Thanks for answering. I appreciate your courage and patience dealing with the issues.

If you allow me a suggestion, create a reserved area in your site, where people can access with an ID and password, and in there people can register what they have, by using their serial numbers. Then people are given access to whatever updates and/or content there is available. That's how the vast majority of vendors work, and a good method, IMO.
Fernando (FMR)

User avatar
dionenoid
KVRian
752 posts since 3 Jan, 2019 from Holland

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:55 am

Okay, didn't realize there was an update. Definately there's some kind of system needed to inform users about updates.
More BPM please

trusampler
KVRian
1123 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:15 am

Same here, didn't realize there was an update, good to hear.
Cpu: Win10/2015 Mac Pro i7@4.3ghz/SSDs
Tools: Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core/Powercore Pcie
Kurzweil Forte/PC3K 88/Virus B Poco/Akai MPC Touch/Korg Wavestate/Komplete Kontrol MK2/Samples/Vst

grdh20
KVRist
152 posts since 21 Sep, 2011

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:59 am

All the latest download links are at the bottom of your login page. Not sure what the fuss is...

https://www.pluginguru.com/my-account/

and the change logs

https://pluginguru.net/unify/change-log.html
{2018 27" iMac-Pro-10 core-RadeonProVega56 8gb-64gb ram-2TB int ssd+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

Chipi
KVRer
12 posts since 25 Mar, 2020

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:27 am

Shane and John yesterday uploaded a video to youtube trying to explain the disaster that is the installation process in UNIFY and instead of improving it they decided to remove the video from youtube and all the comments, they think the users are stupid. Why don't they know how to absorb the criticism instead of wanting to cover it up? ... 8)

jondl_2000
KVRist
176 posts since 5 May, 2006

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:10 pm

fmr wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:13 am
getdunne wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:05 am
@fmr You're absolutely right. We were so focused on getting this update out, we ended up doing a poor job of informing people about the update procedure, and our coordination with our partner Ilio was not good at all. We're in the midst of internal discussion about how we can do better in future. We appreciate everyone's patience as we learn the ropes of this business, and as for only getting answers by being on KVR, well, that's why we're here, too.

To check if you have the latest Unify content, look under "Tags" in the patch browser. If you see an entry for "1.1", you have the latest. In future we hope to add more sophisticated version-management features.
Thanks for answering. I appreciate your courage and patience dealing with the issues.

If you allow me a suggestion, create a reserved area in your site, where people can access with an ID and password, and in there people can register what they have, by using their serial numbers. Then people are given access to whatever updates and/or content there is available. That's how the vast majority of vendors work, and a good method, IMO.
^^^ Yes, this! Great suggestion.

Having made the mistake of purchasing from a non-affiliated, online e-tailer all you get is a generic URL to the Ilio download server which does not allow for retrieving past updates or the content download. Frustrating. I'd much rather have access along side my other PluginGuru downloads on the main web site.
"All persons living or dead are purely coincidental." - Vonnegut

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
9684 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:16 pm

grdh20 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:59 am
All the latest download links are at the bottom of your login page. Not sure what the fuss is...

https://www.pluginguru.com/my-account/

and the change logs

https://pluginguru.net/unify/change-log.html
YOU SHOULD LEARN HOW TO READ, BEFORE POSTING. That only works for those that bought DIRECTLY from Plugin-Guru. It happens MANY didn't :roll:

Yes, that SHOULD WORK FOR ALL - That's what I wrote. But it doesn't...
Fernando (FMR)

User avatar
getdunne
KVRist
149 posts since 9 Mar, 2017

Re: Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

Post Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:31 pm

Chipi wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:27 am
Shane and John yesterday uploaded a video to youtube trying to explain the disaster that is the installation process in UNIFY and instead of improving it they decided to remove the video from youtube and all the comments, they think the users are stupid. Why don't they know how to absorb the criticism instead of wanting to cover it up? ... 8)
I spoke to John about the video, agreeing with what had been said, and he decided to take it down and re-do it completely.

Return to “Instruments”